FT 15.07 - Reform Party Registration Act (TABLED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:04:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 15.07 - Reform Party Registration Act (TABLED)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 15.07 - Reform Party Registration Act (TABLED)  (Read 1153 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2020, 08:55:14 PM »
« edited: March 27, 2020, 10:22:01 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

A BILL FOR AN ACT
relating to simplifying the regional party registration process

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PARLIAMENT OF FRÉMONT RESOLVED.

Section 1, TITLE.
i. The title of this Act shall be, the "Reform Party Registration Act."

Section 2, RESOLUTIONS.
i. It is the belief of the Commonwealth of Frémont that:
(a) The current system of registering with a political party within the Commonwealth of Frémont is needlessly complicated.
(b) It is difficult for the average Frémonter to find the thread dedicated to registering for a regional political party.
(c) It’s harder for the Registrar-General of Atlasia to record regional party registrations in Frémont, as she is required to go to the regional registration thread to record these changes.
(d) Our region needs to fix the current system of political party registration.

Section 3, AMENDING THE RPLA.
i. §2 of The Regional Party Label Act is amended to read as follows:
i. Citizens of Fremont shall have the privilege to establish and enroll as members of any recognized Regional Party. Membership in a Regional Party shall be separate from and supplemental to the partisan registration of a citizen with the Census Bureau of the Republic of Atlasia. No party, faction, or caucus shall be recognized as a Regional Party which exists as or within a Federal Party.
ii. The executive magistrate of the Commonwealth shall maintain a thread on the Regional Governments board wherein citizens may register as members of a Regional Party, and shall accordingly keep a current list of those citizens registered as members of a Regional Party. For registrations to be valid, a citizen must give their full name as recognized by the Census Bureau of the Republic of Atlasia and the name of the Regional Party they wish to register with.
ii. A citizen of the Commonwealth may register as a member of a regional party by registering on the official New Register Thread managed by the Registrar-General of the Republic of Atlasia.
iii. The individual registering with a regional party must somehow specify that they are registering for a regional party, as opposed to a federal one.

iii. iv. The several partisan affiliations of candidates for office under this Commonwealth shall be given on ballots in the following order:
(a) Regional Party of registration
(b) Regional Parties, other than the candidate's party of registration, having endorsed the candidate
(c) Federal Party of registration

Section 4, ENACTMENT CLAUSE.
i. This act shall take effect immediately after signature by the first minister.

Sponsor: Koopa D. Quick, MFP (Frémont Trans Rights—Peace, Iowa)

The speaker may now advocate.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 08:58:46 PM »

Alright. To put it bluntly and simply, I want to reform the process of registering with a regional party as simple as possible. I, along with numerous other Frémonters, am tired of having to sift through the Regional Governments portion of the Atlas Fantasy Government board just to find the thread in which I'm supposed to register with. For the sake of myself, other Frémonters, as well as the Registrar-General herself, let's cut the redundancies of having a separate regional registration, and make the process as simple and easy as it can possibly be. I yield the floor.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 09:11:41 PM »

My major problem with this is that the first minister (or an officer appointed by them) will still need to maintain the actual regional party census: we can't instruct the registrar general to do anything, and while the bureau has sought to publish this information voluntarily under Peebs tenure, there is no guarantee a future RG would follow suit. The assertion in §2(c) of this bill is factually incorrect: current legislation does not and cannot require the RG to record information on regional party registration. From a practical standpoint, it's easier for me to monitor a separate thread than to regularly check the federal NRT for infrequent regional party changes. I don't think the present system is actually that complicated. There is hardly a need to "sift through" Regional Governments: it's linked in the Civic Information thread stickied at the top of this this board. I don't see myself supporting the bill as written.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 09:11:52 PM »

This should be FT 15.07, if I'm not mistaken.

Otherwise, a commonsense act that I support, should putting regional registration on the national thread be approved by the rest of the nation.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »

This should be FT 15.07, if I'm not mistaken.

fixed
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 06:12:40 PM »

I know this is a hectic time for everyone, but could the sponsor clarify the standing of her bill with respect to the points raised in my original post?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 10:50:56 PM »

I know this is a hectic time for everyone, but could the sponsor clarify the standing of her bill with respect to the points raised in my original post?

Sorry, I've been trying to think of how to phrase my response, but then I realized, your post kinda changed my mind a little. While the current system of doing things is fine as it is, I think maybe instituting a way to encourage new players to post their party switches and making sure that Peebs checks them would be ideal, however, I don't know how to do that at the moment, so I think that might be a discussion for another time.

Motion to table.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 08:45:45 AM »

Opening a vote to table. 48 hours.

Aye.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 12:16:06 PM »

Aye, I guess
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »

Aye
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »

AYE
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 10:19:16 AM »

Motion to Table
Reform Party Registration Act - Frémont Parliament Bill 15.07 - Sponsored by Koopa D. Quick, MFP
Motion by Koopa D. Quick, MFP

LABPAXINDTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

FFTRMLULTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

First Minister HARRY S TRUMAN of North Dakota (LAB/FF)
Mr. AUSTRALIANSWINGVOTER of Washington (IND/ML)
Mr. ISHAN of Guam (LAB/UL)
Ms. KOOPADAQUICK of Iowa (PAX/TR)
Mr. OREGON BLUE DOG of Oregon (LAB/ML)

Four in favor, one not present. The two-thirds majority is met, and the bill is tabled.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies