NJ-Sen: Menendez +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:31:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  NJ-Sen: Menendez +3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NJ-Sen: Menendez +3  (Read 8120 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:08:35 PM »

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State%20Polls/February%202006/New%20Jersey%20Senate%20February.htm

Menendez 39
Kean 36

25% remain undecided.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 01:38:09 PM »

Throw it out. These 20+ undecided polls are meaningless.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 02:05:05 PM »

That's a lot of undecideds... but i'm pretty sure in the end Kean wins.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 02:20:50 PM »

This election is the Dems PA.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 02:28:37 PM »

I hope you mean the PA Governors race, not the PA senate race, right?
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 02:29:13 PM »

Something which i've said before Smiley

Though i think it more acurate to say Kean is the GOP's Bob Casey as Menendez is no Santorum and NJ isnt PA.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 03:39:23 PM »

Looks like this seat will go Democrat.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 03:42:42 PM »

Kean will win.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 05:51:46 PM »

Looks like this seat will go Democrat.

OK, I would have expected the opposite views from you two. Cheesy
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »

My guess is that the race will be a VERY close one up until election day when the people of New Jersey remember that they have elected Corzine and Lautenberg as well. Menendez will win, but this race will give Kean a good start at a career in a national office.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 03:49:21 AM »

Shaping up very much like the NJ Governor's race.
Mind you, even when Rasmussen had Kean up 7, Quinnipiac had Menendez leading.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

...the race will be a VERY close one up until election day when the people of New Jersey remember that they have elected Corzine and Lautenberg as well.

And remembering that you are already represented by Corzine and Lautenberg makes you want to vote for another corrupt, NJ Dem machine hack like Menendez because?

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 04:28:31 AM »

...the race will be a VERY close one up until election day when the people of New Jersey remember that they have elected Corzine and Lautenberg as well.

And remembering that you are already represented by Corzine and Lautenberg makes you want to vote for another corrupt, NJ Dem machine hack like Menendez because?

Because that's all the message the NJ Reps seem to ever have had.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 05:45:29 PM »

I don't believe it, Menendez should be slightly behind.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 08:59:16 PM »

I meant the Senate Race.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 09:25:59 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2006, 09:48:10 PM by Soaring Eagle »

Well, they got elected, didn't they? What I mean is that the people of New Jersey have had plenty of perfect opportunities to end the political careers of Corzine and Lautenberg. They could have voted for Doug Forrester in the 2002 Senate election and kept Lautenberg from returning to the Senate. Then last year, they could have voted Forrester for Governor and ended Corzine's career. The same thing will happen this year.

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 06:31:52 AM »

Oh the arrogance… not to mention the hypocrisy!

When Republicans like Burns are up for re-election the Dems are so keen to say that corruption and links to lobbyists will spell his doom (and well it might)… but when it comes to their own corrupt office holders like Menendez (and potentially for that matter Sherrod Brown in OH) it will some how not be a factor.

Lets not forget that Kean is not Forrester, there is no enthusiasm in NJ for the Democratic Party is just so happens that in a dirty race between two flawed candidates the one with more money and the partisan advantage of his state on his side won… in a Kean v Menendez fight, cash is unlikely to favour one over the other, folks have a far higher estimation of Kean than Menendez and in the end the only thing going for the Dems will be partisan advantage and I doubt it’ll be enough.         
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 08:41:39 AM »

When Republicans like Burns are up for re-election the Dems are so keen to say that corruption and links to lobbyists will spell his doom (and well it might)… but when it comes to their own corrupt office holders like Menendez (and potentially for that matter Sherrod Brown in OH) it will some how not be a factor.

How is Menendez corrupt?  Nobody's been really able to give concrete examples of his alleged corruption.  (And although there were some example of Corzine's corruption, he still won in NJ by 11% in November!)  Meanwhile, Burns is tied to a nationwide front page story in Jack Abramoff.

Now I still think both candidates will win (Menendez and Burns) but I'd like some examples, from anyone, of Menendez' corruption.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 09:31:01 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2006, 09:41:47 AM by Soaring Eagle »

Lets not forget that Kean is not Forrester, there is no enthusiasm in NJ for the Democratic Party is just so happens that in a dirty race between two flawed candidates the one with more money and the partisan advantage of his state on his side won… in a Kean v Menendez fight, cash is unlikely to favour one over the other, folks have a far higher estimation of Kean than Menendez and in the end the only thing going for the Dems will be partisan advantage and I doubt it’ll be enough.         

Well, let me point out which party is in charge right now; the Republicans. No matter how corrupt some Democrats are (I say "some" because I'm almost certain there are more corrupt Republicans than Democrats), they aren't the ones in control, therefore all of these recent scandals are not really their fault. That is why I believe Menendez, as an incumbent Democrat, will win.

Also, the Republicans could attack Menendez (and Brown, if what you said is true) as the Democrats attack Burns, but they are in no position to do so.

ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 11:12:49 AM »

Well, let me point out which party is in charge right now; the Republicans. No matter how corrupt some Democrats are (I say "some" because I'm almost certain there are more corrupt Republicans than Democrats), they aren't the ones in control, therefore all of these recent scandals are not really their fault. That is why I believe Menendez, as an incumbent Democrat, will win.

Also, the Republicans could attack Menendez (and Brown, if what you said is true) as the Democrats attack Burns, but they are in no position to do so.

The Menendez scandal:

Kay Elizabeth LiCausi's questionable "Climb Up the Ladder "

Original NYT article mentioned above

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 08:43:04 PM »

I think Menendez was pretty much screwed from the start. Also this race is similar to PA because the son's of two populer former Govenor's are running. In addition it look's like the Corzinator is having trouble in his new job and the Corzinator may weigh down Menendez.     
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2006, 09:11:47 PM by Alcon »

I think Menendez was pretty much screwed from the start. Also this race is similar to PA because the son's of two populer former Govenor's are running. In addition it look's like the Corzinator is having trouble in his new job and the Corzinator may weigh down Menendez.     

Last time I checked, Corzine has an approval rating surplus about equal to his margin of election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 09:08:41 PM »

Last time I checked, Corzine has an approval rating about equal to his margin of election.

Wrong word there, buddy.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 09:11:36 PM »

Last time I checked, Corzine has an approval rating about equal to his margin of election.

Wrong word there, buddy.

Actually, it was the right word.  I just forgot to put "has an approval rating margin [or surplus]".  Thanks, though;  I wouldn't have noticed that.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 09:14:32 PM »

Wrong word there, buddy.

Actually, it was the right word.  I just forgot to put "has an approval rating margin [or surplus]".  Thanks, though;  I wouldn't have noticed that.

Be careful, I thought you were trying to say that Gov. Corzine makes Gov. Taft look wildly popular.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies