What's the last movie you've seen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:33:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 212
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 628580 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: February 16, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »

I obviously haven't seen it yet but I'm counting down the days until Vantage Point comes out. It looks cool. Plus, Matthew Fox (Jack from LOST) is in it.

Wow....Matthew Fox from "LOST"....I tend to remember Matthew Fox from "PARTY OF FIVE". Thanks for making me feel old.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1326 on: February 16, 2008, 04:18:10 PM »

I obviously haven't seen it yet but I'm counting down the days until Vantage Point comes out. It looks cool. Plus, Matthew Fox (Jack from LOST) is in it.

Wow....Matthew Fox from "LOST"....I tend to remember Matthew Fox from "PARTY OF FIVE". Thanks for making me feel old.

Naso, I'm older than you.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1327 on: February 16, 2008, 08:25:34 PM »

Saw it last night. Fantastic. Which reminds me there was a specific reason why I came on this forum tonight..
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1328 on: February 16, 2008, 08:32:50 PM »

Star Wars Episode IV.

Great movie. Smiley

Rin-chan
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1329 on: February 16, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »

Star Wars Episode IV.

Great movie. Smiley

Rin-chan

That is my favorite movie. Ever.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1330 on: February 16, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »

Saw it last night. Fantastic. Which reminds me there was a specific reason why I came on this forum tonight..

The disturbing part is quite how prophetic it's turned out to be.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1331 on: February 16, 2008, 08:46:30 PM »

The disturbing part is quite how prophetic it's turned out to be.

As a Science fiction fan I would argue with *Some* of that (Super powerful corporations and uber-dumbed down excessive TV have been mentioned in stories of writers like Bester and Pohl since the 50s..) but the way it turned out was, yes, very creepy. I see people like Christina (Dunnaway) all the time...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1332 on: February 16, 2008, 10:43:35 PM »

Yes....but only by 5 months. I wasn't saying I was older, Santorumite, I was saying that I remember him from an older show rather than a new one. Get snippy with me again, and no more Matlock!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1333 on: February 17, 2008, 12:13:08 AM »

Yes....but only by 5 months. I wasn't saying I was older, Santorumite, I was saying that I remember him from an older show rather than a new one. Get snippy with me again, and no more Matlock!

Naso, my point is that that's not "feeling old." I don't "feel old" when I think of something from ten years ago and neither should anyone else who is only approaching the age of 20.
DWPerry
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1334 on: February 17, 2008, 02:55:23 AM »

Charlie Wilson's War - theater
Wedding Crasher's - DVD
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1335 on: February 17, 2008, 04:52:21 AM »

Star Wars Episode V

My roommate and I just got Lego Star Wars for Gamecube and we've been in a Star Wars kinda mood for a while.  Also, my Taiwanese friend has never seen any of them and, since my friends and I were appalled, we are now forcing him to watch them with us.

Rin-chan
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1336 on: February 17, 2008, 05:00:43 AM »

Dewey Cox
Spaghetti Cat
Driedapples
United States

« Reply #1337 on: February 17, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »

On DVD- Good Luck Chuck
In theaters- Cloverfield with some friends, One Missed Call with my girlfriend, can't remember which one I saw last.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1338 on: February 17, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »

Star Wars Episode V

My roommate and I just got Lego Star Wars for Gamecube and we've been in a Star Wars kinda mood for a while.  Also, my Taiwanese friend has never seen any of them and, since my friends and I were appalled, we are now forcing him to watch them with us.

Rin-chan

Never? Shocked

Lego Star Wars is a great game.
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1339 on: February 17, 2008, 06:39:50 PM »

Star Wars Episode V

Rin-chan

Never? Shocked

Lego Star Wars is a great game.

It is a great game!  We just beat all the levels.  I'm done with it now, but my roommate wants to unlock stuff.

And, yeah, I know.  My friends and I had the same reaction when my Taiwanese friend asked us what was going on in the video game because he had never seen any of the movies.

It's disturbing. lol

Rin-chan
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1340 on: February 17, 2008, 09:55:40 PM »

Just watched Little Children on the On Demand from Comcast.  Kate Winslet and Jenifer Conally.  Wowsers... great movie.

And I just burned a copy of The Lion in Winter from AMC.  Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn were pure magic in that flick.  I'd seen in before but some movies demand re-viewing!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1341 on: February 17, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »

I attempted to watch Atonement tonight but it was taking way too long to load online and since I have a 9:55 class tomorrow I guess I'll push it off until tomorrow night. So that will be the next movie I watch. Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1342 on: February 17, 2008, 11:41:02 PM »

Just watched Little Children on the On Demand from Comcast.  Kate Winslet and Jenifer Conally.  Wowsers... great movie.

And I just burned a copy of The Lion in Winter from AMC.  Peter O'Toole and Katherine Hepburn were pure magic in that flick.  I'd seen in before but some movies demand re-viewing!

Agree with both of them my last - Cinema: The Driving Bell and the Butterfly - great DVD: Hairspray...I defy anyone... ANYONE to not finish that movie in a good mood.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1343 on: February 18, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »

Saw two lately:

The Brave One - OK, this was completely implausible. Jodie Foster buys a gun barely knowing how to use it, kills a few people in self-defense, and then instantly becomes this bad-ass killing machine who can take out hardened gang members and crime bosses with ease. Uh huh. There was also a ton of plot holes surrounding the ending, and some near the beginning too (what was vigilante about killing the guy in the gas station? That was obvious self-defense!) One thing I did like about it though was the obvious homages to Taxi Driver, although they might've been a bit too obvious. (30 years ago Jodie Foster is a teenaged prostitute rescued by Robert DeNiro, now she rescues the teenaged prostitute.)

Idiocracy - This movie reminded me of Mike Naso. It was funny yes, but also rather depressing in that manner.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1344 on: February 18, 2008, 12:41:04 PM »

Saw two lately:

The Brave One - OK, this was completely implausible. Jodie Foster buys a gun barely knowing how to use it, kills a few people in self-defense, and then instantly becomes this bad-ass killing machine who can take out hardened gang members and crime bosses with ease. Uh huh. There was also a ton of plot holes surrounding the ending, and some near the beginning too (what was vigilante about killing the guy in the gas station? That was obvious self-defense!) One thing I did like about it though was the obvious homages to Taxi Driver, although they might've been a bit too obvious. (30 years ago Jodie Foster is a teenaged prostitute rescued by Robert DeNiro, now she rescues the teenaged prostitute.)

Idiocracy - This movie reminded me of Mike Naso. It was funny yes, but also rather depressing in that manner.

I agree with you about The Brave One.  Dumber than Death Wish.  But it's a guilty pleasure -- watching the bad guys get greased by the victim. 

Plus, I find Jodie Foster more and more "watchable" as she ages.  She looks good.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #1345 on: February 18, 2008, 12:56:00 PM »

Saw two lately:

I watched Idiocracy recently, too. What did you find funny about it?
The Hack Hater
AloneinOregon
Virgin Islands, British

« Reply #1346 on: February 18, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »

3:10 to Yuma. It was a good decent flick, but the ending was so ridiculous. Any self-respecting person would have gone with his gang and took off once they got to him. People are so weird, but I just can't stand that.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1347 on: February 18, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »

There Will Be Blood
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1348 on: February 18, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »

BRTD, soon, very soon, I will be in the Air Force serving my country while you sit at a computer listening to emo songs and playing computer games. I've begun my transition...why don't you, my dear friend?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1349 on: February 18, 2008, 10:07:01 PM »

Saw two lately:

I watched Idiocracy recently, too. What did you find funny about it?

The funniest parts were near the beginning with the pimp and the general, but I found the society rather funny just because of the commentary that it really is. Especially the part about how they watered crops with sports drinks because it "has got what plants crave!" and no one disputed that.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 212  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies