What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:47:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 629365 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 21, 2006, 08:38:35 PM »

Brokeback Mountain -and I wish I hadn't seen it.  Must they make those gay sex scenes in that canvas tent so graphic?   Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 05:28:31 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2006, 05:31:37 PM by Frodo »

Brokeback Mountain -and I wish I hadn't seen it.  Must they make those gay sex scenes in that canvas tent so graphic?   Tongue

I wouldn't really call that scene that graphic to be honest. I saw it a few weeks ago with a friend and we both loved it. To be honest, the fact that it was about two gay guys didn't really bother me.

The heterosexual love scenes were more graphic than the homosexual ones by a long shot.

Well, you're talking to someone here with a shameless double standard -I was much more comfortable with the heterosexual sex scenes and had no problem whatsoever with how graphic they were.  If I had to see a scene with two people of the same sex going at it, I would prefer they be women as opposed to men..... 

Yeah, I know I'm a hypocrite.  Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 12:27:34 AM »
« Edited: March 08, 2006, 12:52:08 AM by Frodo »

Frodo- Not only you are a hypocrite, you're a homophobe. 

And that right there is exactly the queer agenda. If you disagree with their position and where they stand. Start personally attacking them. Very petty.

How is it 'personally attacking' someone to say that they hate homosexuals when their position is that they hate homosexuals?

How exactly do I 'hate' gays?  Certainly I am uncomfortable and squeemish watching gay sex scenes (as most heterosexual men generally would be -perhaps you and Pym are the exceptions), and I have serious reservations about letting gays and lesbians marry each other -that however does not equate in making me a 'homophobe' and that I 'hate' them for who they are.  I am not 'out to get them' by campaigning for gay marriage bans or for stripping them of their civil rights, and denying them their right to at least enter into civil unions. 

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:40:26 AM »

On TV, or at the cinema?

TV - Cold Mountain. Cinema -  Can't remember. It's a long time I was at the back row kissin and a cuddlin with FREDA Tongue

Dave

Cold Mountain -I wasn't much impressed by Nicole Kidman's performance.  It's a shame Renee Zellwegger wasn't given a more prominent role -that was perhaps her best film. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 12:43:30 AM »

They should count themselves fortunate that I am not already their enemy. 

Why?!  What have they ever done to earn your enmity?

They haven't because I am not their enemy -and I hope I never will be.   

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Opebo, you are a self-centered scumbag but a damn consistent one at that.  You pick the same vocabulary over and over again ad nauseum.  You ever thought of using another expression apart from 'feed you all to the lions'?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 12:58:47 AM »

Just to remind everyone where Pym is coming from with his claims that I am a 'homophobe':

I wouldn't really call that scene that graphic to be honest. I saw it a few weeks ago with a friend and we both loved it. To be honest, the fact that it was about two gay guys didn't really bother me.

The heterosexual love scenes were more graphic than the homosexual ones by a long shot.

Well, you're talking to someone here with a shameless double standard -I was much more comfortable with the heterosexual sex scenes and had no problem whatsoever with how graphic they were.  If I had to see a scene with two people of the same sex going at it, I would prefer they be women as opposed to men..... 

Yeah, I know I'm a hypocrite.  Tongue

With standards like his, most of this forum would be classified as 'homophobes'. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 09:17:59 AM »

Why is this being brought up again from a week ago?

Because I only just found out what you said.  I hadn't really paid much if any attention to this thread until I was wandering about this forum last night.   

Frodo my problem is this (not the bold part in your post):

Just b/c you admit you have a double standard and downplay it doesn't make it less offensive. I bet if there was a law proposed to allow only lesbians to marry you'd support it? I can understand someone being flat out homophobic, but having a double standard like this is just plain insulting.

In actuality -if it makes you feel any better- I would oppose same-sex marriages for both gays and lesbians.  Nowhere in my original comment that you alluded to did I ever say or imply that I would support one sex marrying but not the other.  Little did I expect anyone to make such an issue out of a comment I made half-jokingly, and which I did not intend to be taken too seriously. 

And I would appreciate it if you quit putting words into my mouth. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 05:04:51 PM »

Just came back from watching 'An Inconvenient Truth', and it was actually pretty good (somewhat on par with the 'March of the Penguins' documentary), and have already strongly recommended that my older sister go see it as well.  There wasn't much I didn't already know, but Gore (amazingly) managed to keep it interesting enough to hold my attention.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »

The Good Shephard.

BTW, has anyone here seen 'Letters from Iwo Jima'? I haven't yet found a movie theater near here that is showing it. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 11:13:47 PM »
« Edited: February 03, 2007, 11:18:10 PM by Swing Voter »

'Letters From Iwo Jima' -one of the best movies I have seen.  In fact it bests even its counterpart 'Flags of Our Fathers' that I also saw.  Not only does it show the battle for the island from the Japanese perspective (I don't believe I had ever seen a WW2 film that showed the war from anything other than the victors' perspective), but it also includes a scene in which an officer (who visited the United States prior to the outbreak of war between Japan and the United States on December 7th) illustrates to his men the humanity of their enemies.

I strongly recommend that all of you go see it.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 09:33:21 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2007, 09:35:51 PM by Frodo »

The Good Shepherd, The Breach, Troy, Alexander, Apocalypto, Last of the Mohicans, and Kingdom of Heaven -and all within the past six months.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 08:58:25 PM »

I finally saw 'Passion of the Christ', directed by Mel Gibson.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »

La Otra Conquista.

I highly recommend it. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »

'There Will be Blood' -it was a good movie, although I am still trying to make sense of it....   Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 08:48:32 PM »

'Australia'.  That is some good ole' fashioned Hollywood in the Australian outback in the early years of the Second World War, a Manichean throwback to the days when we had only the good guys and one-dimensional bad guys.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 05:36:28 PM »

Angels and Demons -and to tell you the truth, I thought it was slightly better even than the Da Vinci Code. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 02:05:23 PM »

I also have seen 'Public Enemies', and it is a better movie than '300' or 'Transformers' by a long shot...
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2009, 09:01:08 PM by Fading Frodo »

I saw Ice Age : Dawn of the Dinosaurs with my girls. They liked it but it was garbage as compared to the first two movies.

Sequels (and prequels) usually are.  The original film is always the best -and it is usually downhill from there.  Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 06:56:52 PM »

One of the better versions I've seen so far. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies