What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:54:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 630470 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 09, 2006, 04:22:53 PM »

Goodfellas
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 06:05:55 AM »

Fargo...on AMC. One of my favorites for years now...great film.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:33:54 AM »

I saw "Wild Hogs" in the theater on Sunday. Travolta, Liotta, Macy, Lawrence and Allen all give great performances and the movie was excellent and hilarious. Hopefully the large success thusfar will make movie companies think twice about using lame no-name actors in movies.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:50:38 AM »

Groundhog Day and Money Talks

When I heard many except my father and I had seen "Groundhog Day", and that they had even put it in the National Film Registry....I knew I had to see it. It was a very good movie, and my dad and I enjoyed it.

We had seen "Money Talks" about 6 or 7 years ago, and I remember I watched it and liked it...but I forgot the movie and wanted to see it again. Funny and action packed.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:47:33 PM »

Poseidon. I thought with Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss it would rock, but it really sucked. Also...they made Dreyfuss gay, which had nothing to do with the plot. What the hell?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:16:44 AM »

I watched "Firewall" with Harrison Ford a few days ago...I was impressed, as it had more adventure than I expected.

Also, I watched "Foul Play" with Golden Hawn, Chevy Chase and Burgess Meredith on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) Saturday night at 12am. I actually wasn't intending to watch it, but it was a decent movie.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:24:25 AM »

Just finished watching "Insomnia" with Al Pacino, Robin Williams and Hilary Swank. Good film.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 11:10:35 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2007, 11:21:10 PM by Buckeye Mike »

I just finished watching "The Number 23" and I was impressed. Pretty good flick, although it has strong sexual content, violence and swearing...and is not for children.

By the way...after making this post...I went into the kitchen and the clock said 12:11am. 12+11=23. Freaky HAHA
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »

One of my favorites. "You can't just go around shootin' guys in the kneecap with a sawed-off shotgun just because you pissed at them."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 01:43:21 PM »

Evan Almighty
Insubstantial but watchable (largely thanks to Steve Carell).

Do they mention "Bruce" at all in it?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 11:18:01 PM »

My father and I just finished watching "The Deer Hunter" with Robert DeNiro, Christopher Walken and Meryl Streep...I didn't care for it...and my father disliked it.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 01:27:31 AM »

My father and I just finished watching "The Deer Hunter" with Robert DeNiro, Christopher Walken and Meryl Streep...I didn't care for it...and my father disliked it.

The fact that you prefer films like "Armageddon" to "The Deer Hunter" just explains so much.

The Deer Hunter was too long, too dramatic and just...kind of boring. We all have our tastes, Andrew.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 05:10:29 PM »

The Girl Next Door.

Really good, I rented it expecting an American Pie-type sex comedy, but it wasn't like that at all, it's actually sort of a chick flick, but not so much that guys can't like obviously as I did. It has more in common with teen movies like Angus and Varsity Blues than pure toilet humor and sex ones like the American Pie series.

Yes! I saw it right after the Election in November 2004 and was surprised. I like the one guy...Timothy Olyphant...from Scream 2 and Die Hard 4....he's good.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 03:46:44 AM »

I finished watching "Heat" with Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro earlier this morning. Very good film.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 02:42:24 AM »

The Vanishing from 1993 with Kiefer Sutherland, and Jeff Bridges. Started off kind of slow...but then got going. Pretty good flick.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 06:37:46 AM »

Kingdom of Heaven was genuinely awful though, but Miami Vice is by far the worst film I've ever seen in a cinema, I'd rather drink a can of paint while being raped by a ten foot green pole disguised as Colin Farrell then seen that again. Oh, and Colin Farrell must die. Painfully.

Miami Vice was horrible and let's not forget that Colin Farrell is a product of your country. Another shoddy product from the Celtic Tiger. Tongue

The only two Colin Farrell movies I liked were "Phone Booth" and "SWAT".
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 08:45:04 PM »

I just got back from seeing "Rush Hour 3", a very funny sequel. Funny enough, I went to see Rush Hour 2 in Summer 2001 and then ate McDonald's after...tonight I did the exact same thing. I love tradition!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 10:32:12 PM »

"Firebirds" starring Nicolas Cage, Tommy Lee Jones, and Sean Young. It began with a quote from President George H.W. Bush, and was about fighter pilots taking out drug cartels in South America. Impressive flick from 1990.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 11:49:18 PM »

"Blow Out" (1981) starring John Travolta, Nancy Allen, Dennis Franz and John Lithgow. My favorite type of classic early 80's suspense thriller. Includes lots of swearing, smoking, big hair, and a good amount of naked chicks.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »

I've watched a few classics from my VHS movie collection, and I highly recommend all of these:

What I watched Saturday:

Escape from New York (1981)
In the future of 1997, a condemned criminal and former war hero (KURT RUSSELL) is offered his freedom if he can rescue the President of the United States (DONALD PLEASENCE) from the walled prison island of Manhattan after a terrorist brings down the President's plane in this futuristic adventure.

Escape from L.A. (1996)
In the year 2000, an earthquake separates Los Angeles from the mainland. In the New Moral America, all citizens not conforming to the new laws are deported to L.A., now a penal colony. In 2013, The President's daughter has stolen a doomsday device and has fled to L.A. It's up to Snake Plissken (KURT RUSSELL) to find the President's daughter and retrieve the doomsday device before its too late.

What I watched Sunday:

Susan's Plan (1998)
Susan (NASTASSJA KINSKI) wants her reprehensible ex-husband dead. Her boyfriend (Billy Zane) hires two dim-witted hitmen (MICHAEL BIEHN, ROB SCHNEIDER) to do the deed. But when the plan fails, hilarity ensues in this John Landis comedy also starring Dan Aykroyd and Lara Flynn Boyle.

What I watched Monday:

Seven (1995)
Police drama about two cops, one new (BRAD PITT) and one about to retire (MORGAN FREEMAN), after a serial killer using the seven deadly sins as his guide of murder.

Cop (1988)
Lloyd Hopkins (JAMES WOODS), plays a hard-boiled American police detective is on the trail of a mass murderer who is victimizing women in Los Angeles.

What I watched Tuesday:

Commando (1985)
A retired elite commando (ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER) has only a few hours to find and rescue his daughter from an exiled dictator.

What I am watching so far tonight:

Novocaine (2001)
Dr. Frank Sangster (STEVE MARTIN) is a straight-laced dentist who because of one innocent lie, finds his tidy, prosperous life transformed into a comic quagmire of illicit sex, illegal drugs and inexplicable murder in this brilliantly offbeat, bitingly comedic film!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »

I've watched a few classics from my VHS movie collection, and I highly recommend all of these:

What I watched Saturday:

Escape from New York (1981)
In the future of 1997, a condemned criminal and former war hero (KURT RUSSELL) is offered his freedom if he can rescue the President of the United States (DONALD PLEASENCE) from the walled prison island of Manhattan after a terrorist brings down the President's plane in this futuristic adventure.

The beginning of this thing with the airplane flying into a skyscraper in lower manhattan was pretty creepy.

Yep. The terrorist crashed the plane near the Twin Towers...not into them though. However, Kurt Russell's character then needs to land a glider on top of the World Trade Center. It's sad to think that 20 years after this movie....
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 02:42:56 AM »

True Romance.

Would've been at least twice as good if Tarantino had actually directed it. But it did have plenty of cool parts and the final shootout alone was worth it.

I saw that movie in early 2005...and it was excellent. Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken had a classic scene.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 02:13:48 AM »

Match Point

Wow. I missed this first go around when my theater had it at the spring film festival, but I'm glad I finally got to see it. Incredibly well acted, filled with suspense, Scarlett Johannsen, well done plot. What more could you want.

Doesn't Scarlett get down to her undies in that?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2008, 07:02:56 PM »

Best Seller (1987) with James Woods, and Brian Dennehy. A good cop-killer thriller of the classic late 80s period of action/thriller.

TRAILER FOR BEST SELLER HERE: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jWKyXlgcYoA
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »

I obviously haven't seen it yet but I'm counting down the days until Vantage Point comes out. It looks cool. Plus, Matthew Fox (Jack from LOST) is in it.

Wow....Matthew Fox from "LOST"....I tend to remember Matthew Fox from "PARTY OF FIVE". Thanks for making me feel old.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies