What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:14:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 630721 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 15, 2008, 12:09:56 AM »

King of Comedy-I enjoyed a lot.  Jerry Lewis can act believe it or not.  I'm on a Scorsese kick.  I watched After Hours a couple of days ago as well and liked that a lot also.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 06:42:29 AM »

Well I've seen all those already Smiley  I liked them, that's why I'm watching his other stuff.  I've got Last Temptation of Christ, Bringing out the Dead and The Age of Innocence lined up next although I'm not so keen on the last one.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »

Well I've seen all those already Smiley  I liked them, that's why I'm watching his other stuff.  I've got Last Temptation of Christ, Bringing out the Dead and The Age of Innocence lined up next although I'm not so keen on the last one.
Last Temptation of Christ-I'm 45 min in and so far, meh.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:53:58 AM »

It get's better when he grabs the axe!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 04:37:57 PM »

Primary Colors-If Bill gave that speach Travolta gave at the union run plant, he'd have been laughed off stage.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 12:55:47 AM »

I watched Age of Innocence last night.  meh.  It was a little better than I expected.  Winona Ryder was a little more wooden than normal.  I don't plan on watching it again anytime soon.  (unlike the Departed or Last Temptation, I wanted to watch those again right away)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 01:54:35 AM »

Flight of the Living-meh.  It's zombies...ON A PLANE!

Street Fight-Documentary about the Newark mayoral election of 2002.  Suprisingly sad that this kind of political tactics is still allowed in this country.  Sharpe James and a lot of cops should be in jail.  (wiki)  Ahhh, it seems he's heading that way or is already there.  Good.

I'm watching Right at your Door right now.  Good stuff so far.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »

The Boys and Girls Guide to Getting Down

Pretty funny actually.  It's pretty accurate too.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 02:37:50 AM »

Galaxy Quest.  It still kicks ass.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 09:27:39 AM »

I'm in the middle of Annie Hall.  Woody just said "My grandma didn't give gifts, she was to busy getting raped by Cossaks" and I thought I was going to die laughing.  I totally was not expecting that.  So far it's been a lot better than I expected.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 12:05:32 PM »

Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song - Blaxploitation films kick ass

Snuff - weird European erotic thrillers don't
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 12:31:40 AM »

Fast Times at Ridgemont High - still good
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 04:58:27 AM »

Thriller:en grym film (Thriller - A Cruel Picture, also known as They Call Her One Eye, Hooker's Revenge) - The full on hardcore X-rated version.  It's not often you get to see actual penetration in a movie with so much plot.  Actually a pretty good movie overall.  The violence was stupid cheesy, even for a mid 70's Swedish film.

And Mallrats again for the thousandth time (not literally, but I'd guess it's quickly closing on Raiders of the Lost Ark as the single movie I've seen the most times).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 12:15:00 AM »

Hot Fuzz
Better than Shawn of the Dead I think.  Funny as hell.  I can't stop saying "narp".
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 05:25:29 AM »

Bottom's Up - Jason Mewes (Jay of Jay and Silent Bob fame) and Paris Hilton.  Pretty bad, still funnier than Wedding Crashers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 10:55:24 AM »

Death Race 2000 - great movie...in a horrible movie kind of a way.

Dog Day Afternoon - raw and rough.  A classic.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »

Reservoir Dogs- easily Quentin's best
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 09:03:59 AM »

I Am Legend

Much better than I expected.  I like Will Smith and I like post appopolytical works, I don't know why I wasn't expecting much.  It was well done.  My only problem was when one of the monsters managed to knock his large SUV over by running into it really hard.  They did a good job with physics other than that one scene, but crap like that always takes me out of the movie.  Like when somebody goes flying when shot, I hate that crap.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 10:44:38 AM »

Hot Fuzz

It gets better everytime I watch it.  Great movie and quickly becoming one of my favorites.  Much better than Shaun of the Dead (and I really liked that).  I suppose I need to check out Spaced.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »

One of the best movies ever, 12 Angry Men.  Great movie.

Followed by one of the worst, John Waters' Pink Flamingo.   Comically bad.  Disgusting.  I couldn't describe how bad some of the acting was.  In a way, it was "Jackass!" 30 years ahead of it's time.  Maybe a little more gross.  A piss snowcone is pretty bad, but eating dog poo might be over the line.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 06:15:20 PM »

Dogma

Buddy Christ is always funny.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 06:53:54 AM »

Big Lebowski
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 10:19:16 AM »

Romeo and Juliet (1968) - This is how the play should be portrayed on screen.  It's leagues ahead of the 90's crap.

A friend of mine showed that in her English class several years ago.  It didn't go so well, due to a certain scene in particular.  Now she shows the 1996 version Tongue

i'd like to think your friend was my 8th grade english teacher who, when the assets in question appeared on screen, yelled "NONONONONONO!!!" and rushed to the front to cover the screen.  she then profusely apologized for corrupting us the next day.

I think it was the man ass rather than the boobage though.
My 9th grade English teacher knew (as did most of the class) and she turned the tv around and fast forwarded through it then turned it back.  I've seen it one other time in a school setting and they showed the boobs but I dont' remember when or where.  Must have been college, but I don't recall what class...I'm pretty sure it wasn't either of the English classes I took.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 04:16:18 AM »

Juno-Much better than I was expecting.

Hot Rod-BRUTALLY bad, but it was supposed to be.  Still, not very funny.

To Kill a Mockingbird (Peck's version)-As brilliant as it's claimed to be.  Better than I was expecting.

Netherbeast Incorporated - forgetable.  I loved the cast and theme, it just didn't deliver.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »

No Country for Old Men-it was good, not great.  I liked the non-Hollywood ending.

Tommy-I always forget how strange the songs are compared to the album.  The Wall strays at times, but for the most part it's pretty close to the album.  Not here.  Still great though.  I love The Who so I'm biased.  I can certainly understand non Who fans not digging this film.  Especially if you don't like 70s camp.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies