Swearing in of New Officeholders
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:03:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Swearing in of New Officeholders
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 166
Author Topic: Swearing in of New Officeholders  (Read 565705 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2007, 09:10:33 AM »

My sincerest apologies, Sam. I viewed TN's most recent posts, found the one where he withdrew from the Senate race, found no mention of resigning, and only looked at the posts below that on the same page to make sure. The resignation, two days before that, is on the next page. Sad Sorry!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:50 AM »

My sincerest apologies, Sam. I viewed TN's most recent posts, found the one where he withdrew from the Senate race, found no mention of resigning, and only looked at the posts below that on the same page to make sure. The resignation, two days before that, is on the next page. Sad Sorry!

No problem, Lewis.  When Bono appointed me to the spot, I checked and made sure that TN2024 actually resigned before accepting the position.  Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2007, 07:59:58 AM »

I, Al Widdershins, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Mideast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2007, 08:30:45 AM »

I, Al Widdershins, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Mideast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

Al, I believe you cannot swear in yet according to Article 1, Section 4, Clause 7 of the constitution:

Those elected in ordinary elections to the Senate shall take office at noon Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday in the month after their election. Those elected in special elections to the Senate shall take office as soon as the result of their election has been formally declared.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2007, 09:27:41 AM »

Al, I believe you cannot swear in yet according to Article 1, Section 4, Clause 7 of the constitution:

Those elected in ordinary elections to the Senate shall take office at noon Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday in the month after their election. Those elected in special elections to the Senate shall take office as soon as the result of their election has been formally declared.

Oh, I am perfectly well aware of that Smiley

You see, I thought that it would be nice of me to start as I mean to continue, so to speak.

Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2007, 11:01:49 AM »

I, Jas, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »

Let's swear in again Smiley

Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2007, 11:27:21 AM »

Let's swear in again Smiley

Smiley
noon EST = 1pm EDT

Will you swear a third time? Cheesy
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »

Damn you and your funny timezones! Angry Grin

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Why ever not? Smiley

Smiley
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #159 on: July 06, 2007, 12:48:32 PM »

^^^^^^^^^

I, Jas, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Vice President of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2007, 03:28:46 PM »

I, Lewis Trondheim, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Midwest Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

EDIT: Did I say Mideast? Really? Can't be. You musta misheard.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

I, Keystone Phil, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2007, 06:44:32 PM »

Based on precedent when Hawk was presiding over the Senate, early swearing ins were recognized (Nov. 2006). I did it myself when I took over (since I had work that day) in January. So I will recognize everyone's first attempt at swearing in. (Obviously, this would only apply to Senators.)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2007, 03:18:10 AM »

I would like to hearby resign my Senate seat in order to take up the office of the President. I will be fully dispatched to execute my duties tomorrow morning.

I, Colin Wixted, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the Republic of Atlasia and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2007, 10:10:01 PM by Senator EarlAW »

I, Earl A. Washburn, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for District 1 and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2007, 09:10:28 PM »

I don't think I did this...oops...

I, King (and all of my aliases), do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Attorney General and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2007, 11:58:06 AM »

I, Ernest, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Secretary of External Affairs and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2007, 12:38:26 PM »

I, Mr. Moderate, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2007, 11:32:38 PM »

I, bullmoose88, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Justice of the Supreme Court and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2007, 10:40:57 AM »

I'll do this now as I may not be here this weekend!

I, Afleitch, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for District 3 and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2007, 11:26:52 AM »

1) I, Mr. Moderate, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the District 2 and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

2) I hereby resign my position of Northeast Region Senator, effective immediately.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2007, 12:11:54 PM »

I, MAS117, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of Northeast and of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2007, 03:25:34 PM »

I, Verily, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator for the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »

I, AndrewCT, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Chief Judicial Officer of the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of Northeast and of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2007, 10:45:39 PM »

I, Rockefeller Republican do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Lieutenant Governor of the Northeast Region and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Northeast and the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 166  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies