Swearing in of New Officeholders (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:01:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Swearing in of New Officeholders (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Swearing in of New Officeholders  (Read 570821 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: March 27, 2015, 03:29:04 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Assemblyman and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitutions of the Republic of Atlasia and the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 05:40:10 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Assemblyman and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitutions of the Republic of Atlasia and the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »

I hereby resign as Senator and as Senate Speaker.

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Governor and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitutions of the Republic of Atlasia and the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.

Didn't know I won the gubernatorial election. Wink
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 07:28:44 AM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Mideast Representative and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Mideast Region, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 05:46:56 PM »

I hereby resign the office of Mideast Representative and Speaker of the Mideast Assembly.

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator At-Large of Atlasia, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 02:47:39 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator At-Large of Atlasia, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 06:04:18 PM »

I, EarlAW, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Regional Senator for the Mideast and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia.

I think you mean "Assemblyman."
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator At-Large, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 06:03:28 PM »

I, North Carolina Yankee, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Supreme, Almighty, All-Knowing, All Seeing, Southern Judicial Overlord and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

homage to the Legendary John Dibble!!!
Is this whole thing actually allowed? AFAIK, the Constitution only makes provisions for the existing Justices to be handled within the confines of the old game. I don't think the old game can elect a brand new Justice to fill one of the slots in the new game.
Right, the three incumbent federal justices (bgwah, TJ, Windjammer) will be held over. That will leave a vacancy in the new South (to be filled by the Region's governor) and one at the federal level (to be filled by the president).
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Northern Regional Committeeman, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 02:11:18 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Chair of the Constitutional Ad-Hoc Committee, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 03:09:15 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Secretary of State, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 04:42:37 PM »

(Assuming it's time)

I, Adam Griffin, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Senator, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Nate.
Actually, the swearing-ins are on November 4.
For House and President, yes, but Senatorial terms are defined by the Regions, meaning new senators are able to swear-in immediately. It's a somewhat perplexing system, but there you are.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 12:01:07 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the Republic of Atlasia, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me God.

In accordance with the provisions of the Presidential Succession Act of 1947, as amended, I hereby resign my post as Secretary of State.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »

I, Leinad, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Southern Delegate and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Southern Region and Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave, and anyone else who wants to lend a hand.
Retirement's that bad, huh? Wink
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 12:08:41 AM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Secretary of the Interior and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 03:41:44 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor of Fremont, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of Fremont and that of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me God.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Fremont and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitutions of the Commonwealth of Fremont and the Republic of Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 03:26:09 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Attorney General of the Republic of Atlasia, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 03:25:22 PM »

Glorious news!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »

I, TedBessell, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of Fremont Senator, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

This has my permission, so I don't think it's against the rules?
Technically, the outgoing senator has no authority to override the provisions of the Fremont Constitution governing the length of senatorial terms. Of course, you can always resign, in which case I would appoint Ted to finish your term.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Fremont and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitutions of the Commonwealth of Fremont and the Republic of Atlasia.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 08:14:13 AM »

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 09:33:25 PM »

I, Harry S Truman, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Representative At-Large of Atlasia, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia.

Yes, I'm still prime minister. No, I'm not going to resign. I'm taking this job because we need nine active representatives in the House and we can't afford to wait any longer. Please direct any complaints to our southern office.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 04:54:56 PM »

I, Mike Wells, do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Governor and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, so help me Dave.

And I'm leaving this office.

It was a fun ride. Good luck Lok.
One year, almost to the day. That would make you the longest-serving regional executive since... bgwah?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies