Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:46:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Democratic Primary Race / Endorsement  (Read 29177 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2004, 08:52:43 PM »

We are all men.
PD
pd

« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2004, 08:54:02 PM »

Okay I'll say this I lknow someone who once lived in a very bad area(gangs, crime, etc.). they saw their parents work hard and got out of there. Then they got lucky in the market and well they became not upper class but way better off then they were. They are conservitives and feel if you work hard you'll get where you need to go

Frankly I agree with PD there are people who need money and people who just threw away their lives. I've also know of too many people who cheat on government programs to get money because their hurt and can't work and they can(they even admit to it). Also, I'd say even if you're born into wealth somewhere down the line someone busted their hump to get the family there so they'd know that thier family was safe and secure I wouldn't like to risk taking that away from them.

Thats my opinion anyway, sorry if you disagree but thats your opinion, I have mine thats life.
Exactly. My dad, mom, and both sets of grandparents were not born into wealth. But they all worked hard and were strong Christians and were all very conservative, even though they were not wealthy. I am lucky.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2004, 08:55:47 PM »

Okay I'll say this I lknow someone who once lived in a very bad area(gangs, crime, etc.). they saw their parents work hard and got out of there. Then they got lucky in the market and well they became not upper class but way better off then they were. They are conservitives and feel if you work hard you'll get where you need to go

Frankly I agree with PD there are people who need money and people who just threw away their lives. I've also know of too many people who cheat on government programs to get money because their hurt and can't work and they can(they even admit to it). Also, I'd say even if you're born into wealth somewhere down the line someone busted their hump to get the family there so they'd know that thier family was safe and secure I wouldn't like to risk taking that away from them.

Thats my opinion anyway, sorry if you disagree but thats your opinion, I have mine thats life.
Exactly. My dad, mom, and both sets of grandparents were not born into wealth. But they all worked hard and were strong Christians and were all very conservative, even though they were not wealthy. I am lucky.
Yes you are and as long as you know that you're on the right track.
PD
pd

« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2004, 08:55:58 PM »

I first assumed him, and all the rest of you, were men. Then he said he had a boyfriend, which made me think he was a girl. But... I see I was wrong. Yep.
PD
pd

« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2004, 08:57:26 PM »

Yes you are and as long as you know that you're on the right track.
Thanks.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2004, 09:55:58 PM »

This... rather uncomfortable moment... does bring to mind a question.  Why are like 95% of us here men?

nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2004, 10:24:26 PM »

I've lived in Cambridge for five years.

migrendel,

Are you a student at Harvard? If so, did you grow up in Mass.? Just wondering.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2004, 06:57:07 AM »

This... rather uncomfortable moment... does bring to mind a question.  Why are like 95% of us here men?

Women are seldom nerds... Wink
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2004, 08:09:56 AM »

htmldon, You should register man. We need you.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2004, 08:14:35 AM »

Leave him alone! Wink
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2004, 08:57:24 AM »

I think we are 100% men.  There was a time at the old board when we thought Migrendel was a woman, but it turned out that he was a male feminist.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2004, 09:14:37 AM »

I'm not participating in the "sim" part of this forum and would hope that all "sim" nonsense be limited to the back alley threads at the bottom of the forum.

There are several others who expressed concerns about the sim-inization of the forum and I haven't seen as much posting from those members lately.  It would be very unfortunate to lose participants over this.

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2004, 09:16:26 AM »

Thank you htmldon for not registering.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2004, 09:26:03 AM »

Now don't go doing that... that would make me want to register!

Thank you htmldon for not registering.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2004, 09:27:01 AM »

I'm not participating in the "sim" part of this forum and would hope that all "sim" nonsense be limited to the back alley threads at the bottom of the forum.

There are several others who expressed concerns about the sim-inization of the forum and I haven't seen as much posting from those members lately.  It would be very unfortunate to lose participants over this.

Alright I respect your opinion. I hope you continue to take place in conversations though Wink
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2004, 10:42:15 AM »

I do go to Harvard, and have been a denizen of Massachusetts my entire life. I used to live on Beacon Hill, in Boston, but moved to Cambridge when I got to be 18.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2004, 01:03:09 PM »

It mostly is kept to these threads, until JR started recruting people from other threads...

You're talking about 1 (read "one") member only, and that's mt_whitney. And he overreacted in a ridiculous way.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies