Speech on Civil Unions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:13:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Speech on Civil Unions
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Speech on Civil Unions  (Read 1157 times)
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2004, 04:14:15 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, We, are at a turning point in our nations history, we can strive forward, we can progress, or we can turn our tails and run.

Now I for one, will not run, I will not shy away from the responsibilities that come with the office I hold. I will NOT stand for the injustices in our great nation.

That, is why I have proposed a civil unions bill, now I know it isn't much, but it is a stepping stone towards equality, a stepping stone that must be accepted.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I urge you all to put pressure on your senators, to vote with me, in voting for an end to injustices. An end to the obstruction of liberties, and a better freedom for the gay communities.

Now, my critics have said the adoption clause shouldn't be there, now I stand with them on that, but what I am trying to do, is establish a firm base, a base we can build upon, because all great buildings, have good foundations, and that is what we are building today.

Ladies and Gentlemen, vote yes on the Civil Unions Act.

Thank You.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies