Strategic Vision: NJ Sen. Kean (R) 32%, Menendez (D) 30% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:19:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Strategic Vision: NJ Sen. Kean (R) 32%, Menendez (D) 30% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strategic Vision: NJ Sen. Kean (R) 32%, Menendez (D) 30%  (Read 7446 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: March 16, 2006, 05:18:13 PM »

Great News... normally i'd lean towards a Democratic candidate but in this race NJ needs a decent Senator and Kean has a far better chance of being that "new broom" than a hack like Menendez... hmmm Senators Kean and Casey along with DeWine's re-election will make my evening in November Smiley 

I quite agree with you Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 04:40:42 PM »

Great News... normally i'd lean towards a Democratic candidate but in this race NJ needs a decent Senator and Kean has a far better chance of being that "new broom" than a hack like Menendez... hmmm Senators Kean and Casey along with DeWine's re-election will make my evening in November Smiley 

Consensus is a wonderful thing.

That it is Grin but the Democrats are the Senate minority and can't afford to lose New Jersey or anywhere else for that matter

Dave

Consensus with one of my ideological buddies is always nice Kiki (yay Ben!) and while I understand where you're coming from Hawk I don't have a party to root for so I can just back candidates I like. Grin
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:56:34 PM »

Consensus is a wonderful thing.

That it is Grin but the Democrats are the Senate minority and can't afford to lose New Jersey or anywhere else for that matter

Dave

Consensus with one of my ideological buddies is always nice Kiki (yay Ben!) and while I understand where you're coming from Hawk I don't have a party to root for so I can just back candidates I like. Grin

So you like enabling these far-right whackos who are destroying our country?

Kean and DeWine? Far-right whackos? What are you smoking today, ferny old boy? Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 05:31:29 PM »

Kean and DeWine? Far-right whackos? What are you smoking today, ferny old boy? Wink

Keeping them in the Senate means having Bill Frist & Rick Santorum in control of our country's legislative agenda.

That's quite an accomplishment, given that one definately won't be in the Senate and the other is unlikely to retain his position. 

Heh. Smiley

Furthermore, enabling Democratic left-wing whackos is no better than enabling Republican right-wing whackos. So until I can vote for a communitarian party I'll be picking and choosing my candidates. Grin
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 05:56:19 PM »

Furthermore, enabling Democratic left-wing whackos is no better than enabling Republican right-wing whackos. So until I can vote for a communitarian party I'll be picking and choosing my candidates. Grin

We've already have 6 years of right-wing wackos running the country.

Isn't it time for a change??? Or are you still scared of the "Ted Kennedy boogeyman" (who doesn't have a leadership position anyway)?

The Dem leadership consists of Harry Reid, Dick Durbin and Byron Dorgan (policy director).

*12* Tongue

Not yet - the left still runs the Dems, the right still runs the Reps, and the rest of us scatter between the parties.  I'm talking about the policy positions each party takes and who they choose to represent them.

Personally, I would say the communitarians and libertarians are way underrepresented, especially in Congress, and that the left-liberals and right-conservatives are way overrepresented, especially in Congress. Until that changes, I ain't budging from being an Independent. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies