Department of Defense
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:07:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Defense
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Department of Defense  (Read 1485 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2006, 06:35:55 PM »

Welcome to the Department of Defense headquarters. Any news or updates about the department will be posted here.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »

Missile Defense

The Department of Defense is opposed to Sen. Peter Bell's efforts to eliminate all funding for a missile defense system. For further details please see the thread.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 06:15:48 PM »

I concur with the Secretary's oppostion to Senator Bell's efforts to eliminate all funding for a missile defense system

'Hawk'
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 06:23:22 PM »

Missile Defense

The Department of Defense is pleased to note that the bill to eliminate funding for missile defense has been withdrawn.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 11:20:12 AM »

I would like to request that military aid be sent to the new democratic government in Nepal to help it fight the Khmer Rouge wannabes there. Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 05:27:32 PM »

I will consult with the President on this issue. I certainly hope to be able to help in whatever way proves feasible.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »

In answer to your question, WMS, no, we will not be sending troops to Nepal. Secretary of State Al has already stated this, and I do not wish to start nasty infighting within the Cabinet over this issue. He is our chief diplomat, after all, so I trust him on matters such as this.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 10:42:57 AM »

In answer to your question, WMS, no, we will not be sending troops to Nepal. Secretary of State Al has already stated this, and I do not wish to start nasty infighting within the Cabinet over this issue. He is our chief diplomat, after all, so I trust him on matters such as this.

Oh, let me be clearer then - I was referring to military equipment, not troop support. Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »

Statement on bill to allow recuiters on public campuses

It's not as if this bill forces students to join the military. All that we are trying to do here is reach a large number of possible applicants. Recruitment numbers have fallen in recent years, and if we want to be able to intervene in foreign affairs if neccessary, we need to have a military with the man power to  conduct operations in places spanning the globe. I do not see why, for state funded universities, we cannot try to persuade people to help protect their own country. This is not some sort of draft in any way, shape, or form. It's just an expansion of recruitment, and such an effort is badly needed at this time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies