Do you agree with this column?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:14:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Do you agree with this column?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with this column?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Do you agree with this column?  (Read 1204 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2006, 12:10:41 PM »

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/maggiegallagher/2002/11/13/164904.html

The column is quite old, but this appears to be the right's latest talking point, to be apologists for Islamic repression, arguing its not a big issue. Same talking points they use to defend the Islamist regime in Iraq now.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 02:57:54 PM »

They're not westerners so who gives a sh**t about them?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:10:06 PM »

I do.

Well, if I'm quite sure what you're asking I'd say I do.  For example, I agree with Hashem Aghajari when he states that each generation has a right to read and interpret the Koran without fear.  But I'd not want to get into a fight with jmfcst, for example, so I usually don't comment that inspired texts are open to interpretation.  I also agree with Maureen Dowd that Iran seems bizarre to me.  But I also agree that many Americans, yourself and myself included, are peurile and provincial.  (Brits are like that too, I've noticed.  Maybe it's an anglophone thing.)  For example, I used the phrase "doped, or impregnated, semiconductors" in class the other day, in order to contrast n-type and p-type semiconductors with intrinsic semiconductors and about half those girls giggled at the mere mention of the words "doped" and "impregnated"  Truth be told, I generally giggle at such utterances too.  I agree that India is a "developing democracy" and that censoring certain acts in Bollywood hasn't inhibited its development.  Moreover, I agree that a woman dressed from head to toe, with only one finger exposed, pointing at soldiers, can look just fine.  In fact, it's rare that I find an article with which I agree completely, but I agree with every sentence in this one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies