Clark: The Tortise and the Hare...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:15:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Clark: The Tortise and the Hare...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clark: The Tortise and the Hare...  (Read 2355 times)
mossy
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 03, 2004, 02:40:03 PM »

Clark is hoping for one win, and two seconds. in Feb. 3rd.

Yesterday he addressed over 1000 in NM in Spanish, to standing ovation.  He speaks it fluently.

He speaks 4 languages, German & Russian.  He could speak to Schroder directly, (and spell correctly too).

Reported to be experiencing a last minute surge in Arizona, where hundreds stood in the rain waiting for his delayed plane to arrive.  Spoke to 1000 In Tucson.

He was 24 points behind Kerry in AZ., and in last four days went 24-21 to now only 9 points behind Kerry.

I'm fascinated watching this tortise and hare strategy--if it works, he'll be a handful for Rove, I would think.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 02:47:21 PM »

Yesterday he addressed over 1000 in NM in Spanish, to standing ovation.  He speaks it fluently.

He speaks 4 languages, German & Russian.  He could speak to Schroder directly, (and spell correctly too).

Reported to be experiencing a last minute surge in Arizona, where hundreds stood in the rain waiting for his delayed plane to arrive.  Spoke to 1000 In Tucson.

He was 24 points behind Kerry in AZ., and in last four days went 24-21 to now only 9 points behind Kerry.

I'm fascinated watching this tortise and hare strategy--if it works, he'll be a handful for Rove, I would think.

No he wouldn't - he's a gaffe-prone conspiracy theorist - so nutty he allowed Micheal Moore on his campaign.  Doesn't matter though, he hasn't a chance of the Dem. nomination.
zachman

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 04:12:04 PM »

Clark is a good guy but doesn't understand basic political algorithims. A few weeks ago the media turned bashful on him, a hole that he can not escape from.

His presentation problem is he tries to target sincerity in the debate questions. He ends his question by nodding his head and making sure the moderator knows he has finished his question. This does not earn him applause.

He talks about too many foreign policy details. Showing your smarts through talking doesn't succeed.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 04:14:11 PM »

Make a good Sec of State/Defence though
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 04:15:01 PM »

Even a good VP.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 04:24:22 PM »

Well... I'd be happy if Clark got the nom. or was on the democratic ticket... Sorry to say but from what I've seen the guy if one gaffe after the other I'd say he'd be a big loser if he faced Bush.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 04:34:33 PM »

Well... I'd be happy if Clark got the nom. or was on the democratic ticket... Sorry to say but from what I've seen the guy if one gaffe after the other I'd say he'd be a big loser if he faced Bush.

I think Clark is a very very dangerous person.  It wouldn't surprise me if he goes into a rage when he doesn't get the nomination.
NHPolitico

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 05:02:21 PM »

Dean and Clark were equally appealing to Rove. Both weirdos.
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 05:44:28 PM »

ask gephardt how the "fear the turtle" campaign went.
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 05:51:59 PM »

He would that.   Wonder when the back room wheeling-dealing starts.......
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies