The General Election poll!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:39:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The General Election poll!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: The General Election poll!  (Read 48024 times)
PD
pd

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2004, 07:10:28 PM »

HEY!!! I want to post a map. Please tell me how.

1. Go to http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/PE2004/CAMPAIGN/evcalc4.php

2. Create your map according to which states you think each party is going to win (make sure to click 'Update' at the bottom of the screen).

3. Right-click on the map, open the map in a new window, copy the URL for that link.

4. In your post, paste the URL for the map inbetween [img] and /img], to get the picture onscreen. (You must put [ before /, I just didn't do it because otherwise the computer would have looked for an image and got confused.)

Sorry if this sounds a bit complicated, but I hope it helps.
Thanks.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2004, 07:11:02 PM »

HEY!!! I want to post a map. Please tell me how.

1. Go to http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/PE2004/CAMPAIGN/evcalc4.php

2. Create your map according to which states you think each party is going to win (make sure to click 'Update' at the bottom of the screen).

3. Right-click on the map, open the map in a new window, copy the URL for that link.

4. In your post, paste the URL for the map inbetween [img] and /img], to get the picture onscreen. (You must put [ before /, I just didn't do it because otherwise the computer would have looked for an image and got confused.)

Sorry if this sounds a bit complicated, but I hope it helps.
Thanks.

No problem. Smiley
PD
pd

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2004, 07:26:22 PM »

It's not working. There is no update button at the bottom of the screen.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2004, 07:28:35 PM »

You mean in the link I posted? Try 'calculate', then 'update map'.
PD
pd

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2004, 07:29:48 PM »

I did. I copy the whole map, only states.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2004, 07:31:55 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 07:32:31 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Oh, right. Have you tried right-clicking just outside of the US borders on that map?
PD
pd

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2004, 07:34:49 PM »

Oh, right. Have you tried right-clicking just outside of the US borders on that map?
I did, but let me try again. Nope. I can save it but not open it in another window.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2004, 07:38:24 PM »

I did, but let me try again. Nope. I can save it but not open it in another window.

That's strange. I'm not really sure how else I can help you here, maybe somebody else can come up with something. Sorry.
PD
pd

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2004, 07:39:11 PM »

That's strange. I'm not really sure how else I can help you here, maybe somebody else can come up with something. Sorry.
Alright. Thanks anyway.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2004, 07:43:11 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 07:51:17 PM by Immy »

This map takes into a count Harry's influence in the South and DemRepDan's influence in the Midwest.  So Nym90 wins by 22.  Though I'm sure I've over-exagerated the effects the VPs will have on the election.

To post this map, I followed the instructios above to make the map.  Then you right click outside the US and hit properties.  Then you copy the pictures address (from the tp of the properties window) into a post, plus the pages link (from the bottom of the properties window).

Well, I can't really show you cause the screen gets messed up.  Hope that helps some.
PD
pd

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2004, 07:44:23 PM »

This map takes into a count Harry's influence in the South and DemRepDan's influence in the Midwest.  So Nym90 wins by 26.  Though I'm sure I've over-exagerated the effects the VPs will have on the election.
You know, I'm pretty powerful in CA and NV.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2004, 07:50:06 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 07:50:55 PM by Immy »

I doubt you are powerful enough to swing California away from the Democrats.  but I will give you Nevada.  Nym90 wins by 12.

I can't add.
PD
pd

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2004, 07:53:43 PM »

I doubt you are powerful enough to swing California away from the Democrats.  but I will give you Nevada.  Nym90 wins by 12.

I can't add.
No, you don't understand. California is revolutionizing. If you RECALL the RECALL, that did more than you think. Republicans' popularity here has gone up 52%!
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2004, 08:56:28 PM »

But remeber, you're further to the right then Arnold Wink
PD
pd

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2004, 08:59:45 PM »

But remeber, you're further to the right then Arnold Wink
I know, but the Republicans OVERALL were up by 52%.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2004, 09:04:52 PM »

My guess is that I'd do better in the Midwest and worse in the South than the prediction map indicates. Unless I win a landslide I doubt that even having a running mate from Mississippi can be enough to carry Mississippi since it is one of the most conservative states in the South. Tennessee would also be tough for me to win. However, I think I will win Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. Sure, Demrepdan is from the Midwest, but so am I, and I'm on the top of the ticket, so I should still do better than would otherwise be expected in the Midwest. Especially in Wisconsin since I was born in Wisconsin and even now only live about 60 miles from the state line.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2004, 09:10:08 PM »

Ah since I'm the Attorney General of California I should point out I'm very popular so I think PD and I can swing California in SouthSoulTy's favor.
PD
pd

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2004, 09:38:54 PM »

Ah since I'm the Attorney General of California I should point out I'm very popular so I think PD and I can swing California in SouthSoulTy's favor.
Absolutely.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2004, 09:45:43 PM »

My guess is that I'd do better in the Midwest and worse in the South than the prediction map indicates. Unless I win a landslide I doubt that even having a running mate from Mississippi can be enough to carry Mississippi since it is one of the most conservative states in the South. Tennessee would also be tough for me to win. However, I think I will win Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. Sure, Demrepdan is from the Midwest, but so am I, and I'm on the top of the ticket, so I should still do better than would otherwise be expected in the Midwest. Especially in Wisconsin since I was born in Wisconsin and even now only live about 60 miles from the state line.
Mississippi is a big tossup; however, remember it does have a 40% African-American population and I would be very, very strongly promoting a GOTV for them.  That being said, MS is a tossup.
Louisiana, Arkansas,  and Tennessee, however, three more states where I will strongly campaign, should be classified as "lean Democrat."  They all close Clinton both times, and Carter in 1976.  With a Southern moderate on the ticket against two Northerners, I believe I stand a chance of bringing all three of them into the Dem column.
Missouri and Florida both went with Carter and Clinton and I should have somewhat of a pull there, but I alone am unlikely to totally pull those states into the Dem column.  Help from local senators/representatives, etc., though make all of them in play.
Kentucky and Georgia each chose Clinton and Carter, and could *possibly* be in play, but it is unlikely.
Other Southern states are likely too conservative for me to have a significant pull (AL, TX, NC, SC, VA)
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2004, 10:57:26 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 10:58:33 PM by Christopher Michael »

An Attorney General of a State does not have that much pull in an election. The DEMS will carry that State hands down. I will go there, as a former candidate and campaign side by side with Harry and Nym90, if they'll have me, and kick some Republican ahss.
Lt. Gov. Immy
Immy

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2004, 11:09:16 PM »

Well, like I said, I over-exagerated the VPs imortance with that map.  I think Nym90 will carry all the states I have shown for him, plus Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Missouri for an overwhelming win.
Demrepdan

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2004, 12:06:00 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2004, 12:13:24 AM by Demrepdan »

This map takes into a count Harry's influence in the South and DemRepDan's influence in the Midwest.  So Nym90 wins by 22.  Though I'm sure I've over-exagerated the effects the VPs will have on the election.

To post this map, I followed the instructios above to make the map.  Then you right click outside the US and hit properties.  Then you copy the pictures address (from the tp of the properties window) into a post, plus the pages link (from the bottom of the properties window).

Well, I can't really show you cause the screen gets messed up.  Hope that helps some.

I can win Illinois. TRUST ME! Many people think Illinois has been swinging to the Dems the last few years, with that in mind, you must realize I am a LIBERAL REPUBLICAN. They know I have a Democratic background, and the people of Illinois will vote for me. Plus the PRIDE that Illinoisans will have, that they actually have a fellow Illinoisan, running for VICE PRESIDENT! I bet I could carry 98 of Illinois's 102 counties (excluding Cook County), and win the popular vote by 61%. I WILL NOT LOSE MY HOME STATE!!
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2004, 12:49:37 AM »

An Attorney General of a State does not have that much pull in an election. The DEMS will carry that State hands down. I will go there, as a former candidate and campaign side by side with Harry and Nym90, if they'll have me, and kick some Republican ahss.

Ah you see I'm differnt from most Attorny Generals I am very popular in this state. And my hollywood connections will help get conservitive actors and muscians to appear and thus attract interest to the event.(and dude this is all for fun common I joined too late to be in any primaries so let me atleast have this)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2004, 06:41:33 AM »

OK, I will make an other attempt at posting my map when I get home from school.

It's similar to most of the other maps here, but I think the Dems will make a surprisingly strong showing in the south and mid-west, winning most of the tossups there, but then losing the election due to bad performance in the southwest, b/c Supersoulty makes good use of his Catholicism, winning the Hispanic voter, giving the Dems nothing but CA and WA in the west (and HI of course).

But then I read that Nym90 is fom Wisconsin, so he wins that, giving him the election 274-264. A really close one.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2004, 07:36:59 AM »

Ah you see I'm differnt from most Attorny Generals I am very popular in this state. And my hollywood connections will help get conservitive actors and muscians to appear and thus attract interest to the event.(and dude this is all for fun common I joined too late to be in any primaries so let me atleast have this)
OK, You've got it, I don't want to be a spoiler.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies