The General Election poll!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:35:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The General Election poll!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: The General Election poll!  (Read 48006 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2004, 08:09:08 AM »

OK, I will make an other attempt at posting my map when I get home from school.

It's similar to most of the other maps here, but I think the Dems will make a surprisingly strong showing in the south and mid-west, winning most of the tossups there, but then losing the election due to bad performance in the southwest, b/c Supersoulty makes good use of his Catholicism, winning the Hispanic voter, giving the Dems nothing but CA and WA in the west (and HI of course).

But then I read that Nym90 is fom Wisconsin, so he wins that, giving him the election 274-264. A really close one.

I am a Catholic as well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2004, 09:48:33 AM »

It's similar to most of the other maps here, but I think the Dems will make a surprisingly strong showing in the south and mid-west, winning most of the tossups there, but then losing the election due to bad performance in the southwest, b/c Supersoulty makes good use of his Catholicism, winning the Hispanic voter, giving the Dems nothing but CA and WA in the west (and HI of course).

But then I read that Nym90 is fom Wisconsin, so he wins that, giving him the election 274-264. A really close one.

I am a Catholic as well.

Ah, me didn't know that. Then I assume you will attack Supersoulty on who's a "Catholic's best friend" and retain  lot of Hispanics, thus making AZ, NM and FL more in play again. But it will hurt you among WASPs in the South, so he might win back some there...I will have to alter my predictions.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2004, 06:28:42 PM »

I am a Catholic as well.

Ah, me didn't know that. Then I assume you will attack Supersoulty on who's a "Catholic's best friend" and retain  lot of Hispanics, thus making AZ, NM and FL more in play again. But it will hurt you among WASPs in the South, so he might win back some there...I will have to alter my predictions.

Basically I will not make my Catholicism an issue.  However, my Catholicism shuold prevent Supersoulty from exploiting his.
So the effect is nil on both of us likely.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2004, 06:48:45 PM »

I am a Catholic as well.

Basically I will not make my Catholicism an issue.  However, my Catholicism shuold prevent Supersoulty from exploiting his.

That's up to the campaign manager to decide, lol...

I think Supersoulty would try and make himself out as not another Republican, using his home state and religion to enforce this. This will improve the GOP-showing among Hispanics. I have altered my predictions yet again and am now predicting a really close race, 270-268. Don't remember to whom right now, will post that in a minute... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2004, 06:51:31 PM »

Supersoulty wins, despite you winning LA, MS TN and AR, as well as NM, WI and MN.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2004, 06:59:48 PM »

Supersoulty wins, despite you winning LA, MS TN and AR, as well as NM, WI and MN.
Do you have a map?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2004, 07:54:24 PM »

I am a Catholic as well.

I intend to speak about my faith and opptimism when I campaign, not my Catholisism per se.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2004, 07:56:25 PM »

I am a Catholic as well.

I intend to speak about my faith and opptimism when I campaign, not my Catholisism per se.

But I do intend to campaign as "not just another republican", not dising my party, but more of a Reagan kind of different.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2004, 10:06:23 PM »

Ah, so I see why Nym90 is the appropriate choice. He won't stoop to conquer to the degree that the wall of separation between church and state crumbles. I have no doubt this will hurt supersoulty, because if his faith informs his political views, then it must be fairly extreme.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2004, 10:07:41 PM »

Ah, so I see why Nym90 is the appropriate choice. He won't stoop to conquer to the degree that the wall of separation between church and state crumbles. I have no doubt this will hurt supersoulty, because if his faith informs his political views, then it must be fairly extreme.
Welcome Aboard.
NHPolitico

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2004, 10:18:29 PM »

OK, here it is! The poll of the two candidates, now that the primaries are over. Feel free to post comments on the election, or how it would go in a real life general with an EC.

I have posted a prediction map (Gustaf3, I think it was) predicting a narrow GOP victory in the EC. I will not try to predict the actual election here on the board yet, but I think it's gonna be close... Smiley

I don't understand what we're doing here. How do we vote? When?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2004, 11:40:34 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2004, 11:41:43 PM by Harry »

Here is the confidence map I came up with.
Nym90/Harry--237
Supersoulty/Demrepdan--205
Tossup--96
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2004, 12:15:36 AM »

If you call me extreme, I must say that it only proves how extreme you are.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2004, 02:12:20 AM »

Iowa's going Democrat, Harry Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2004, 04:54:45 AM »

Zogby Poll
West Virginia

Nym90           62%
Supersoulty   35%
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2004, 07:08:03 AM »

Do you have a map?

Yes, but I cannot post it b/c I am stupid... Sad

You can check out Gustaf3, I belive it is. But just search for "Gus" on the prediction page and you will get all my maps up. The only one that haves southern states in the Dem column is the appropriate one. It says that it's about you as well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2004, 07:33:41 AM »

Another oathetic attempt from me then...

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2004, 07:33:59 AM »

Another oathetic attempt from me then...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? Sad
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2004, 10:29:54 AM »

Listen, here is how you get the image up, if you are on windows.

Step one: Right-click on the image.
Step two: You will see a "properties" option when you right-click.  Click on that and you will see a information box.
Step three: you will see the image's web adress int he box.  Copy that.  Then paste it in between img and /img brackets.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2004, 10:34:35 AM »

Listen, here is how you get the image up, if you are on windows.

Step one: Right-click on the image.
Step two: You will see a "properties" option when you right-click.  Click on that and you will see a information box.
Step three: you will see the image's web adress int he box.  Copy that.  Then paste it in between img and /img brackets.

That's exactly what I did!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2004, 10:36:35 AM »

Do it on the map itself.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2004, 10:37:27 AM »

What do you mean? Do what exactly on the map itself?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2004, 10:41:16 AM »

Right-click on the map that you create with the EC calc deluxe.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2004, 10:42:06 AM »

Right-click on the map that you create with the EC calc deluxe.

OK, i will try. Hang on.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2004, 10:44:55 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length