SUSA 50 State Govenor Approval Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:05:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SUSA 50 State Govenor Approval Poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SUSA 50 State Govenor Approval Poll  (Read 3215 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:46:46 AM »

Survey USA camee out with their March Poll

for the most part as expected

Top 10

1. Hoeven-R
2. Rell-R
3. Manchin-D
4. Hunstman-R
5. Heineman-R
6. Freudenthal-D
7. Schweitzer-D
8. Henry-D
9. Lynch-D
10. Kempthorne-R

Bottom 10
41. Minner-D
41. Daniels-R
43. Baldadcci-D
44. Blunt-R
45. Kulongoski-D
46. Schwarzenegger-R
47. Blanco-D
48. Fletcher-R
49. Murkowski-R
50. Taft-R

Noteables
Mike Rounds saw a 14% approval drop from 72% to 58%, likley a result of the abortion poll

http://surveyusa.com/50State2006/50StateGovernor060321Approval.htm
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 02:59:53 AM »

Weird, I saw this a few days ago, and it's from the 13th, but they seem to have just released it.

Anyways, here's South Dakota.

49% pro-choice:

44% pro-life:
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 04:46:54 AM »

This is good for Blagjevich isn't it? Didn't he use to be more in the Baldacci-Schwarzenegger league in approval? He's only at -8 now. Rendell and Doyle have dropped a little though.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:32:33 AM »

Sanford's spiked way up this past month, which is odd since there really hasn't been any significant news that should affect his ratings.  I think its likely due to a mild rise due to some small improvement in the local economy, couple with statistical noise that undercounted his approval last month and over counted it this month.  However, it may be significant that Sanford's numbers in the middle of South Carolina are much worse than the rest of the State.  That may be some backwash from the Coble-Fisher campaign for mayor of Columbia which is likely to stoke anti-incumbent sentiment in general, or it may be more statistical noise.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »

And Doyle's numbers have sagged a little farther, good. Smiley

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 05:13:57 PM »

Not to be mean Jedi, but that's a change of 1% on each side...pretty much within the MoE. Wink
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:16:40 PM »

Not to be mean Jedi, but that's a change of 1% on each side...pretty much within the MoE. Wink

I know but it's still a little farther down. Smiley
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 05:26:25 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2006, 05:31:47 PM by Frodo »

I wonder what caused Kulongoski's recent spike of disapprovals -if this poll is to be believed, he is more unpopular now than he had ever been:

Had it not been for their utter disarray, this should have been an easy pickup for the Oregon GOP. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 05:36:11 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2006, 05:37:42 PM by Frodo »

And I so wanted to believe that Rasmussen poll giving Gregoire a 57% approval rating...  Sad

In essence, nothing much has changed since the beginning of this year despite the remarkably successful legislative session just concluded.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 08:59:02 PM »

Remember, these are polls of 500 adults (not even RV).  There's always the 1 out of 20 rule, as well.

I tend to average three months together on these SUSA approval polls (giving a sample of 1500 adults) in order to compile what I think is one good result.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 09:51:43 PM »

Remember, these are polls of 500 adults (not even RV).  There's always the 1 out of 20 rule, as well.

I tend to average three months together on these SUSA approval polls (giving a sample of 1500 adults) in order to compile what I think is one good result.

Yeah, but then you are looking at too big a time spread to really get a good sample.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:40:53 AM »

And I so wanted to believe that Rasmussen poll giving Gregoire a 57% approval rating...  Sad

In essence, nothing much has changed since the beginning of this year despite the remarkably successful legislative session just concluded.

There are plenty of times when two polls can consistently track similarly, but one will show approval of 10 percentage points' margin higher.  This is especially bad this early on.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 03:34:26 AM »

I wonder what caused Kulongoski's recent spike of disapprovals -if this poll is to be believed, he is more unpopular now than he had ever been:

Had it not been for their utter disarray, this should have been an easy pickup for the Oregon GOP. 

As someone who actually lives in Oregon, I can tell you it looks like the ORGOP WILL pick up the governor's seat this November.  The Republicans have three good candidates to choose from, and Governor Kulongoski has a tough primary.  Add a dash of Independent liberal candidate, with a pinch of unsatisfied liberal voters and you have a recipe for Republican victory this November.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 03:18:24 PM »

As someone who actually lives in Oregon, I can tell you it looks like the ORGOP WILL pick up the governor's seat this November.  The Republicans have three good candidates to choose from, and Governor Kulongoski has a tough primary.  Add a dash of Independent liberal candidate, with a pinch of unsatisfied liberal voters and you have a recipe for Republican victory this November.

The independent is a libertarian, not a liberal.  He's a former Republican who deserted the party over social issues.

What exactly has Kulongoski to deserve such horrible approval ratings?  They go beyond the pale of mediocrity.

By the way, if I may ask, what part of Oregon do you hail from?  Portland 'burbs?
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 04:12:22 AM »

The independent is a libertarian, not a liberal.  He's a former Republican who deserted the party over social issues.

What exactly has Kulongoski to deserve such horrible approval ratings?  They go beyond the pale of mediocrity.

By the way, if I may ask, what part of Oregon do you hail from?  Portland 'burbs?

Libertarians' do not believe in a "right to medical care" or basic coverage paid for by the state.   Libertarians also do not support more regulation of business, the environment, or small business; Ben Westlund does.   

Ben Westlund is a liberal, plain and simple.

And the Governor has such horrid ratings because he has accomplished nothing in three years, the economy in Oregon is not getting better (beyond the $7.25 hr service economy), and things are all around worse than they have been since the '79 recession.  Kulongoski failed the left, annoyed the right, and disappointed the middle.  He has just been an all around failure for Oregon.
Republican Michigander

Political Matrix
E: 5.81, S: -2.26

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »

Is Taft at a record low?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »

I think he's hit 80% disapproval before.  I don't think this is a record, although he's been floating around 78% with MoE considered for a while.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 12:23:04 AM »

Taft was actually down to 14%, either jan or feb, but I believe feb
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies