The General Election poll! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:18:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The General Election poll! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The General Election poll!  (Read 48087 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: January 15, 2004, 07:09:11 PM »
« edited: January 15, 2004, 07:10:33 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

HEY!!! I want to post a map. Please tell me how.

1. Go to http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/PE2004/CAMPAIGN/evcalc4.php

2. Create your map according to which states you think each party is going to win (make sure to click 'Update' at the bottom of the screen).

3. Right-click on the map, open the map in a new window, copy the URL for that link.

4. In your post, paste the URL for the map inbetween [img] and /img], to get the picture onscreen. (You must put [ before /, I just didn't do it here because otherwise the computer would have looked for an image and got confused.)

Sorry if this sounds a bit complicated, but I hope it helps.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 07:11:02 PM »

HEY!!! I want to post a map. Please tell me how.

1. Go to http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/PE2004/CAMPAIGN/evcalc4.php

2. Create your map according to which states you think each party is going to win (make sure to click 'Update' at the bottom of the screen).

3. Right-click on the map, open the map in a new window, copy the URL for that link.

4. In your post, paste the URL for the map inbetween [img] and /img], to get the picture onscreen. (You must put [ before /, I just didn't do it because otherwise the computer would have looked for an image and got confused.)

Sorry if this sounds a bit complicated, but I hope it helps.
Thanks.

No problem. Smiley
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 07:28:35 PM »

You mean in the link I posted? Try 'calculate', then 'update map'.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 07:31:55 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 07:32:31 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

I did. I copy the whole map, only states.

Oh, right. Have you tried right-clicking just outside of the US borders on that map?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 07:38:24 PM »

I did. I copy the whole map, only states.

Oh, right. Have you tried right-clicking just outside of the US borders on that map?
I did, but let me try again. Nope. I can save it but not open it in another window.

That's strange. I'm not really sure how else I can help you here, maybe somebody else can come up with something. Sorry.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 07:43:52 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2004, 07:46:19 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

As far as I can see, the one thing that keeps conservatives from winning California is the urban vote, namely LA and San Francisco. Look at the way districts vote in each Presidential election; the coastal urban areas are strictly Demoratic, whereas the rural areas are mainly Republican, and the former will continue to swing CA in the Democrats' favour.

True, Govenor Schwarzenegger is a Republican, but it bears pointing out that he's a social liberal. GWB is very much to the right of Arnie.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 07:56:24 PM »

Do you think CA is going to go for Bush this year?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 08:01:22 PM »

Please, remember Arnold is a social liberal and is only economically a conservative.  Bustamante and Davis were socially to the right of Arnold.

I personally think people (that's to say floating voters) voted for Arnie simply because, well, he's Arnie. His political affiliation was only a secondary factor... he could have been the Constitution Party's candidate for all they cared.

That said, I do have a feeling the Democrats will have problems holding CA if Dean is the nominee.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 11:53:04 AM »

Hehehehhe...let's not start this mess again...I struggled for a way too long time with this... Wink

You right click on the map you create with the EC calculator deluxe, click on properties copy the entire address, then paste it into your post and add , with and being the address (no spaces though, of course...) Smiley

Or, alternatively, you could just get a Macintosh. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies