TX-CBS/YouGov: Cornyn +8/+6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:06:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  TX-CBS/YouGov: Cornyn +8/+6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-CBS/YouGov: Cornyn +8/+6  (Read 1572 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 12, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 09:51:57 AM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HFC79lmRr1KVcbrUysfJd6XpLZxZxaP/view

July 7-10, 2020
MoE among likely voters: 3.4%

Cornyn vs Hegar
1179 likely voters

Cornyn 44%
Hegar 36%
Someone else 4%
Would not vote 1%
Undecided 15%

Cornyn vs West
1182 likely voters

Cornyn 43%
West 37%
Someone else 3%
Would not vote 1%
Undecided 15%
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 11:04:27 AM »

Undecideds are largely female, moderate, non-white and aged 18-29 + 30-44 (i.e., the only age groups Hegar/West are winning). Trump +1 would likely be enough for Cornyn to hold on, but I really don’t buy that this one isn’t going to be close or that Cornyn is heavily favored even if Ernst loses.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 12:04:31 PM »

Undecideds are largely female, moderate, non-white and aged 18-29 + 30-44 (i.e., the only age groups Hegar/West are winning). Trump +1 would likely be enough for Cornyn to hold on, but I really don’t buy that this one isn’t going to be close or that Cornyn is heavily favored even if Ernst loses.

Then why are non-whites and young people undecided? The questioner asks whether they want to vote for, “Mary ‘MJ’ Hegar, the DEMOCRAT”. Then why don’t African-Americans* (Biden +81) and Hispanics (Biden +30) say they’ll vote for her? Could it be because they really are undecided?

Sure, Cornyn may not win by double digits. But I really can’t see Hegar getting close.

* Cornyn gets 12% of the AA vote. Trump gets 5%.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 12:44:34 PM »

Then why are non-whites and young people undecided? The questioner asks whether they want to vote for, “Mary ‘MJ’ Hegar, the DEMOCRAT”. Then why don’t African-Americans* (Biden +81) and Hispanics (Biden +30) say they’ll vote for her? Could it be because they really are undecided?

Sure, Cornyn may not win by double digits. But I really can’t see Hegar getting close.

People may not commit to voting someone they've never heard of, even if they're in the same party. Hegar's still obscure and Texas is a huge state with low awareness of party politics among what would be the Democratic base. There's a reason why presidential matchups nationally had higher undecideds with Buttigieg and Klobuchar than with Sanders and Biden earlier this year.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 12:57:04 PM »

People may not commit to voting someone they've never heard of, even if they're in the same party. Hegar's still obscure and Texas is a huge state with low awareness of party politics among what would be the Democratic base. There's a reason why presidential matchups nationally had higher undecideds with Buttigieg and Klobuchar than with Sanders and Biden earlier this year.

I think you’re right. Thanks for explaining!
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 09:41:17 AM »

Safe R race. Presidential level Lean R.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 04:42:37 PM »

Tilt D
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 04:22:06 PM »

This likely means Cornyn actually wins by 4-3 if things remain stable and undecideds don't  lopsidedly go Democratic.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 05:51:09 PM »

lol
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 06:02:52 AM »

African American voters historically tell pollsters they are undecided more frequently than White voters for some reason.

*I don't doubt that Cornyn can get double the share of the Black vote that Trump gets.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 07:09:21 AM »

Unfortunately,  for TX voters, they havent had a good record in voting for female candidates to Gov, Sen or the Prez, Valdez and Wendy Davis failed at both the Governorships. Hegar is a Greenfield type candidate, but Greenfield is electable in IA, TX would have voted for Julian or Joaquin Castro
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 10:00:15 PM »

New Poll: Texas Senator by YouGov on 2020-07-10

Summary: D: 36%, R: 44%, U: 16%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon