What if Gore Won? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:31:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What if Gore Won? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Gore Won?  (Read 16036 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: January 15, 2004, 08:09:57 AM »
« edited: January 15, 2004, 08:10:23 AM by Michael Zeigermann »

I can only echo what other members have said: there's no doubt Gore would have attacked Afghanistan after 9/11. Any President would have done so.

However, it's extremely unlikely that Gore would have attacked Iraq; in all likelihood his emphasis would have been on finding a peace accord between Israel and Palestine, which, possibly would have failed and resulted in a Carter-esque defeat in 2004 against Giuliani or McCain.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 08:31:40 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 08:32:07 AM by Michael Zeigermann »

Good question, and one I don't actually know the answer to if I'm honest (LOL). Perhaps the moderates would have taken over the Republican Party after the Neocons' choice of candidate, GWB, failed to secure the White House? Either way, I don't think they would have chosen GWB a second time. Choosing his brother Jeb would have aroused cries of "Dynasty!". Rumsfeld or Cheney lack the necessary mass appeal. The logical conclusion would have been Giuliani (easily one of the most popular politicians on the country after 9/11) or McCain (the most prominent Republican after the ones I just listed).

Like your new sig, btw. Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies