if edwards is picked, can he win north carolina?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 03:30:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  if edwards is picked, can he win north carolina?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: if edwards is picked, can he win north carolina?  (Read 3603 times)
World Order
Spinning Crackpots
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2004, 08:41:17 AM »

If Edwards is picked for vp, i think that will be enough to get my vote. i dont care about being taxed by Kerry as i earn enough anyway and the deficit has to be lowered. Bush has failed to show enough concern on the issue. I have recently being told that if Edwards is picked then bush and kerry will be tied at 47%-47% this was around april. if so, considering whats happened in Iraq, it is likely that the democrats are winning north carolina. if the democrats win this state, then bush has to win ohio,florida and another northern state. is bush in a real big hole?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 09:42:27 AM »

In the poll that came out last week, when asked if Edwards was Kerry's VP, it was a tie between Bush and Kerry in North Carolina.  Without Edwards, Bush leads like 6% (if memory serves me correctly).  If Edwards can't bring Kerry N. Carolina, he's not going to have that much of an impact across the rest of the nation.  He'd be better off selecting a VP that could deliver a state at this point in the contest.

Now, on the flip side, if Edwards was the Presidential candidate, I think you would see Edwards over Bush over all in the polls.  Kerry just doesn't connect well with people in general.  He suffers from the same flaw as Gore . . . too stiff.  Edwards is more approachable.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 09:47:41 AM »

He *can* but that doesn't mean he *will*...
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 11:22:17 AM »

In the poll that came out last week, when asked if Edwards was Kerry's VP, it was a tie between Bush and Kerry in North Carolina.  Without Edwards, Bush leads like 6% (if memory serves me correctly).  If Edwards can't bring Kerry N. Carolina, he's not going to have that much of an impact across the rest of the nation.  He'd be better off selecting a VP that could deliver a state at this point in the contest.

Now, on the flip side, if Edwards was the Presidential candidate, I think you would see Edwards over Bush over all in the polls.  Kerry just doesn't connect well with people in general.  He suffers from the same flaw as Gore . . . too stiff.  Edwards is more approachable.

MODU! Register on the Fantasy Election board I'm the only voter representing Virginia... come on man for "the old dominion"... Wink  
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 11:24:27 AM »

MODU! Register on the Fantasy Election board I'm the only voter representing Virginia... come on man for "the old dominion"... Wink  

He only has 12 posts...
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 12:05:02 PM »

Ben,

I was the first one to vote on the Mock election.  Smiley
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 12:05:45 PM »

Ben,

I was the first one to vote on the Mock election.  Smiley

That is different, Fantasy Elections are something completely different, there is a forum for them at the bottom.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 01:16:22 PM »

Oh, ok.  I will check that out this evening.  Thanks.  Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 01:29:40 PM »

No.  North Carolina is still solidly Republican.  The only way it will go Dem is if Edwards is at the top of the ticket.  It might put our chances of gaining the Senate seat in Jepardy though.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 03:48:23 PM »

No.  North Carolina is still solidly Republican.  The only way it will go Dem is if Edwards is at the top of the ticket.  It might put our chances of gaining the Senate seat in Jepardy though.

Bowles is safelt ahead in the N.C senate polls anyway.  Your chances of gaining a senate seat are already in jeopardy
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 04:20:18 PM »

He *can* but that doesn't mean he *will*...

My thoughts above
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 01:01:58 AM »

No.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 01:04:24 AM »

In a 50-50 election, NC will go to Bush even with Edwards on the ticket as VP.  
zachman

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 03:33:30 PM »

Nah. The poll was a dead heat, and polls of fake scenarios tend to amp up any changes, and plus I think a vice-presidential advantage fades a few weeks after the convention. Edwards would still be a fine pick though.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 04:31:07 PM »

Ben, you're not the only one. I'm registered and from VA too. BTW, where in VA do you live? I'm in Winchester.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2004, 06:05:40 PM by Ben AFDNC Chair »

Ben, you're not the only one. I'm registered and from VA too. BTW, where in VA do you live? I'm in Winchester.

Ah…a “man of the valley” Cheesy … well we’re moving from MO… it still isn’t sorted yet… I’m in the UK and I’ll be here at Uni for another three years so it doesn’t affect me as much as the rest of the family… that said We’re moving into the appallingly liberal northeast of the state near DC (Moderate Dem here Smiley ) probably near Arlington or perhaps Alexandria… but my dad (Who’s a lawyer) doesn’t start work for a few months so they won’t move for a bit… but I’ve been to VA once or twice down near Norfolk and NC cost, its nice down there… but the northeast is pretty different…

Have ya registered on the Fantasy Board yet we’ve got an election coming round pretty soon… and we can always use a well reasoned voice Smiley              
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 06:22:29 PM »

hehehe . . . that's about all which is Liberal in Northern VA.  The bulk of the region is Republican (compliments of the retired military-turned gov't contractors).  Welcome to my neck of the woods.  Smiley  

Resident of Woodbridge for 10 years, Manassas for 7.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2004, 11:17:46 PM »

NOVA is becoming less southern and more democrat as time passes.  Bush has no chance of winning Fairfax County again, and a slim chance in the surrounding area.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2004, 11:19:45 PM »

hehehe . . . that's about all which is Liberal in Northern VA.  The bulk of the region is Republican (compliments of the retired military-turned gov't contractors).  Welcome to my neck of the woods.  Smiley  

Resident of Woodbridge for 10 years, Manassas for 7.

Woodbridge is a nice area.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2004, 02:19:46 AM »

My wife was raised in Manassas. Born in Alexandria.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 04:39:22 PM »

I just moved to Winchester in 2002, then went off to college (in Harrisonburg) in the fall. I'm not too familiar with the area, but the Shenandoah Valley (predominantly Republican) is very pretty. I agree with RWN on NOVA, there really is no comparison (politically or otherwise) between NOVA and most of Virginia.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 05:14:33 PM »

I agree with RWN on NOVA, there really is no comparison (politically or otherwise) between NOVA and most of Virginia.

From what i hear that would seem to be true Sad

That said VA has a nice moderate-populist governor... so its not all bad and more to the piont I won't be there very long anyway. Smiley
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2004, 04:21:34 AM »

NOVA was *very* Republican until recently... now it's competative. How things change...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2004, 07:01:16 AM »

NOVA was *very* Republican until recently... now it's competative. How things change...

You're just going by one silly gubernatorial election.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2004, 10:11:25 AM »

You're just going by one silly gubernatorial election.

No... no... no... it's got more competative at Presidential level as well... compare VA 1988 to VA 2000
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies