Abortion Restriction in Federal Territories Bill
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:58:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Abortion Restriction in Federal Territories Bill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Abortion Restriction in Federal Territories Bill  (Read 9435 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2006, 06:04:12 AM »

Though I am by no means pro-life,  this bill places adequate limitations on abortion. I vote aye.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2006, 06:16:08 AM »

This bill has enough votes to pass. Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »

The guy could have ran away after finding out she was pregnant, or she could not know who the father really is, and in either case she wouldn't be able to get his consent.
Aye, for the reasons Hawk and Cheesewhiz indicated.

That's something you'd want?

You mean anti-choice.  Most everyone is pro-life.  It's the choice aspect that people seem to disagree over.

And from your vote, it would seem that you are indeed anti-choice, Senator, though that of course is your right.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2006, 01:48:49 PM »

The guy could have ran away after finding out she was pregnant, or she could not know who the father really is, and in either case she wouldn't be able to get his consent.

You mean anti-choice.  Most everyone is pro-life.  It's the choice aspect that people seem to disagree over.

And from your vote, it would seem that you are indeed anti-choice, Senator, though that of course is your right.

An aye vote on this bill is neither pro-choice nor pro-life.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »

Do stop being such a NARAL-ite, will ya? Tongue While this bill isn't perfect - the issue of unmarried women getting abortions is indeed contentious although, as Senator Cheesewhiz said, "there really isn't any other way to do it" - I think that it is not unreasonable for a married couple to have to agree to abort their child.

And Earl, you seem to think the men involved should have no say or rights whatsoever...a position I simply cannot agree with.

I had no intention of ever bringing this issue up before the Senate during my term, since I figured Regionalizing it was a good compromise. But of course there's the issue of the Federal territories, although if MasterJedi has his way we won't have anyone in Federal territories because they'll all be states and the laws will revert to Regional laws anyway. I suggest the Leftists in the Senate and the Vice Presidency think about that before voting to oppose the creation of new states. Wink
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 06:29:01 AM »

With 6 Ayes, 3 Nays and 0 Abstentions this bill has passed. I hereby present it to the President for his signiture.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 06:37:47 AM »

Ebowed
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 02:34:53 PM »

I suggest the Leftists in the Senate and the Vice Presidency think about that before voting to oppose the creation of new states. Wink

I have not opposed the creation of new states; to the contrary, I have promoted measures that would make the road to statehood simpler, and also I was the first to suggest statehood for the Atlasian Virgin Islands.

Anyway, re: this bill.  Good luck to those women whose partners leave them after they get pregnant.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2006, 04:26:10 PM »

I suggest the Leftists in the Senate and the Vice Presidency think about that before voting to oppose the creation of new states. Wink

I have not opposed the creation of new states; to the contrary, I have promoted measures that would make the road to statehood simpler, and also I was the first to suggest statehood for the Atlasian Virgin Islands.

Anyway, re: this bill.  Good luck to those women whose partners leave them after they get pregnant.

Well good for you then Wink

Hey, IIRC I backed a bill that would've have provided support for them, but all you libertarians opposed it and rendered it unconstitutional. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies