Sen. John Kerry in Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sen. John Kerry in Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sen. John Kerry in Iowa  (Read 5313 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2004, 06:29:48 PM »
« edited: January 15, 2004, 06:35:35 PM by MAS117 »

Even though I would like to say first, I would have to say second... it would be good if im wrong....the new zogby poll shows him in 1st in Iowa today. Thats over 7 points in less then a week... in fact dean has dropped 4 points.... Kerry also now has Fmr. Sen. Bob Kerrey campgaining for him in Iowa...

Candidate
 1/12-14
 1/11-13
 1/10-12
 1/9-11
 1/8-10

Sen. John Kerry (D-MA)

Fmr. Gov. Howard Dean (D-VT)

Rep. Richard Gephardt (D-MO)

Sen. John Edwards (D-NC)

Gen. (Ret.) Wesley K. Clark (D-AK)

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)

Sen. Joseph Lieberman (D-CT)

Rev. Al Sharpton (D-NY)

Undecided

I didn't include Fmr. Sen. Carol Moseley Braun becasue she finally dropped out of the race today (1/14)
M

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 06:34:16 PM »

I say second,  but at this point its impossible to tell. This'll be a real horse race, down to the last minute.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 06:42:15 PM »

I said 3rd only because I think Gephardt will pull out second and Dean more then likely will take a win.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 07:14:44 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 07:15:10 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

It's extremely difficult to guess... but I'm going to take a chance and say Kerry will be 2nd behind Dean.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 07:23:45 PM »

Well, It's close.

It'll be Dean-Kerry 1-2 I think; I'm not sure which way i'll vote yet.

I'll probably vote Dean.
M

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 07:40:06 PM »

Edwards should still get 4th, but a surprisingly close fourth that does boost hos candidacy.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 08:23:18 PM »

I said 3rd because even though he's picked up steam his voters aren't as gung-ho or as organized as Dean and Gep's.
Deaniacs are pouring in to IA from MN this weekend by car, bus, moped, and probably wind power.  They are very motivated at GOTV.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 08:42:40 PM »

HUGHENTO... VOTE KERRY FOR PRES
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 10:42:46 PM »

I'll vote Kerry for Pres if he is the nominee.

It's just a question of who i'll vote for for candidate Tongue
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 11:42:34 PM »

said 3rd.  IA is still about Organization and that favors dean and gephardt.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 06:13:44 AM »

I'll vote Kerry for Pres if he is the nominee.

It's just a question of who i'll vote for for candidate Tongue

Give the Dems a chance! Vote for an electable candidate! Smiley
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 08:02:32 AM »

I can't say that I would vote for Kerry in the general.  He really, really annoys the hell out of me with his bizzarro explanation for why he voted for the Iraq resolution.  Lieberman, at least, is straightforward, and still believe the war was the right thing to do.  I's rather have somebody disagree with me sincerely than dance around the issue.

1st: Edwards
2nd: Gephardt
3rd: Dean
4th: Kerry
NHPolitico

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 11:23:54 AM »

Well, It's close.

I'll probably vote Dean.

Have you gone to a caucus before?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2004, 11:30:14 AM »

I can't say that I would vote for Kerry in the general.  He really, really annoys the hell out of me with his bizzarro explanation for why he voted for the Iraq resolution.  Lieberman, at least, is straightforward, and still believe the war was the right thing to do.  I's rather have somebody disagree with me sincerely than dance around the issue.
miamiu, you do realize that Edwards voted the same way as Kerry on that issue and is giving the same response when questioned why.

Personally I view it like this ... they, like the rest of us, were misled by Bush.  Everyone thought he would follow his father's example and build a coalition.  If the war resolution had been killed in Congress then it wouldn't have been possible to build a coalition.
NHPolitico

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2004, 11:37:03 AM »

miamiu, you do realize that Edwards voted the same way as Kerry on that issue and is giving the same response when questioned why.

Personally I view it like this ... they, like the rest of us, were misled by Bush.  Everyone thought he would follow his father's example and build a coalition.  If the war resolution had been killed in Congress then it wouldn't have been possible to build a coalition.

The words "to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq" were in the title of the resolution. Is Kerry just an idiot?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 12:06:02 PM »

The words "to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq" were in the title of the resolution. Is Kerry just an idiot?
Why is this difficult to understand?

Bush said, "Iraq is a threat".  Everyone said, "well, he should build a coalition like his father did for the previous Gulf war".

If it is voted down in Congress then other nations say "you can't even get your own nation's support" and it is impossible to build a coalition.

There was no choice which was "yes, but only if you build a coalition".  This was the choice that Kerry, Edwards, Gephardt, etc wanted!  But instead they trusted George Bush.  And he betrayed that trust.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004, 01:02:22 PM »

The only thing that makes me still believe that Dean will slightly edge out Kerry and Gephart is that his supporters may be harder to reach by pollsters.  

I see no reason to think Edwards will finish any higher than third or fourth, but he worries me more than any of the other candidates.  I'm hoping Kerry gets a bump and this knocks Edward down.  He's our biggest threat.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004, 05:43:20 PM »

Well, It's close.

I'll probably vote Dean.

Have you gone to a caucus before?

No, this is the first I've been old enough to vote in.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004, 08:47:12 PM »

The only thing that makes me still believe that Dean will slightly edge out Kerry and Gephart is that his supporters may be harder to reach by pollsters.  
I think you're right.  I think Kerry and Edwards may actually be hurt by the rise in the polls because now"expectations" have risen.  Deans expectations have dropped but Deaniacs at colleges will be hard to capture in a poll but will show up in droves, especially if there is beer & pizza.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies