Braun to drop out! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:58:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Braun to drop out! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Braun to drop out!  (Read 7070 times)
jravnsbo

« on: January 14, 2004, 11:46:11 PM »

FOX NEWS Breaking news is that Braun is dropping out!  more when it develops.
jravnsbo

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 12:04:13 AM »

No dent to Sharpton so she left.  

all i can say is.... its about time....
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 12:04:31 AM »

well 8 to go , he he

jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 12:15:27 AM »

true but she would get so few votes it wouldn't matter, she was nonplayer, to put it nicely.

This isn't necessarily good, you know. We want their vote to be as split and confused as possible.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 12:16:32 AM »

beneficiaries here:  Dean he gets an endorsement from it, which no surprise as she has been giving him softballs int he debates anyway.

And sharpton as now he is only black candidate and may help in a  close race in the south.
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 12:36:42 AM »

Her candidacy was a joke anyway.  She was considering running for her senate seat again.  Then she said she didn't have enough money and so ran for President after talking to McAullife.  It was all a set up, to discriminate against Al! Smiley

FOX NEWS Breaking news is that Braun is dropping out!  more when it develops.

You mean polling in the low single digits came as a shock to her?!
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 12:50:32 AM »

very true and he sure livens iup the debates and argueably wont he last one  AGAIN.

Al is the man... how dare they try to steal his votes... hes one of the only candidates who asks the real questions in the debate
jravnsbo

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 01:04:19 AM »

Well being a big fan of the Presidents since i have met him and seen he is a genuine mana nd leader he has my vote.

However, I think Edwards would make the best foe (for the democrats) vs Bush, but I don't see him getting the nomination.  I have said over and over he should have waited until 2008, but he would have had a tough senate fight.

He looks young, is energetic, been running a positive campaign, can play to the Southa nd at least understand them and evenif can't win, would be able to help down ticket as he could relate to him int he South at least.  PLus if he wanted he could use his wealth if he needed.

I WANT the dems to nominate Dean though.  If the dems do it, he will lose and for sure cost the Dem seats in the South with his rhetoric.  

Lieberman would make a good prez, but dems will never nom him.  Same with Al and Kucinich--no chance.  

Gephardt could be a formidable foe but so establishment and everyone knows him as a failure inthe House on delivering.  

Clark-- As a fellow army officer, this guy is a joke.  How did he make general.  I do believe he stepped on others to get to the top as I always heard in army circles.  Plus he is Mr Conspiracy Theory and never can back it up and that further hurts his credibility which is already in question by 2 well respected generals.  

Kerry-- Well he has blown it I think.  Could make it, but the guy just always looks tired and worn out.  Then I have looked at his political record and tried hard to find meaningful accomplishments and there are few for 19 years int eh senate.  I do like his military record, but not that he then came home and protested.

Nader- may run or not, depends on nominee.  I am more Green than some republicans therefore i do like some of his ideas on environment, but not all.  (Did all dems thought I might as well do this one too)

one of the only reasons (besides supporting John Kerry) that I watch the debates is to hear the good reverand speek. jravnsbro who do your support for president in the dem primaries?
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 10:14:46 AM »

But Braun isn't really seen as a leader of black america either.  

Plus I saw Rev Jesse Jackson with Wes Clark the other day.

Wow!  So an African-American is endorsing Dean!  He isn't a white establishment racist!
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 11:46:01 AM »

I would agree with that.  But interesting split as Jesse jackson jr endorsed dean, but dad seems to be with clark.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
But she's something.  Many other black leaders, like Sharpton and Jackson, are reverse-racists.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
jravnsbo

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 03:17:33 PM »

see Democrats for bush forum for an explanation.

how do u get those pictures for the candidates up

jravnsbo

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 04:26:07 PM »

Terry McAullife must be cussing a blue streak--she isn't supposed to be endorsing Dean!

funny how things work out.  But kind of like everything the democrat chairman touches.
jravnsbo

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 01:17:21 PM »

Moseley Braun Wins By Losing: Back on the national stage again, Carol Moseley Braun left the presidential race Wednesday in better shape than when she entered it a year ago, reports the Chicago Sun Times. By running for president, Moseley Braun tried to rehabilitate her image and situate herself as a "player" in national politics again. But it was her decision to throw her support behind Howard Dean at a time that will be beneficial to him that may help her more than anything.

In a dance that started last week, Patricia Ireland, Moseley Braun's campaign manager, started talks with Dean campaign manager Joe Trippi to explore coming on board. She was eventually turned over to Dean senior adviser Jon Haber and the two negotiated her departure. Braun will campaign for Dean three days a week with the campaign picking up her expenses, and she'll be paid about $20,000 as a consultant.

Braun also has a campaign debt of about $300,000 and Haber said that the Dean campaign "will help her with her debt."

Moseley Braun will go to New Hampshire and South Carolina for Dean. In South Carolina, the campaign is hoping her track record on the Confederate flag issue can help Dean deflect any problems he has with African-Americans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies