If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:00:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote...  (Read 9069 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: May 27, 2004, 02:39:50 PM »

If Kerry 'does a Bush' and wins the Electoral College despite loosing the popular vote, will there be more demand for a change in the rules? And if this voting anomaly happens, will Republicans out there promise not to gripe about it!

oh, I'm backing out of my earlier promise already, just thinking about it.  This country hasn't seen a good old-fashioned military Junta for a hundred and forty years.  Maybe it's time for one.  I bet Bush's Military could kick Kerry's Militia.  What do you think?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 02:48:28 PM »

That's very interesting afleitch.  I hadn't thought of an analogous situation in a constutional monarchy or a democracy, but there you go.  Seems like the Republic doesn't hold the patent on dissatisfied electorates.

since you're a serious scholar you deserve a serious answer.  The Republicans may grumble a bit, just like the Gore people did last time, but in the end everyone who is educated enough to bother to vote is also educated enough to have some familiarity with the US constitution.  We'd all get over it, I think.  Life goes on, and I can think of at least a hundred things that are more important to me than who is the next president.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies