If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:19:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote...  (Read 9073 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: May 27, 2004, 02:38:51 PM »

No, I won't gripe about it. I don't like to make up rules as I go or try to change them after I lost to show how I should have won. I don't play ball that way. I want Bush to win a clear victory and if he can't and there's something like this, then he doesn't deserve it.

Now if it's a repeat and Kerry wins the PV and loses the EV, I expect the same attitude from the Dems.

Because of the nature of how things are in the US, I don't see Bush losing this way. If he does, I'll accept it. There are more people in the places where Kerry will do well; if it's close like 2000, you can't make up for getting completely blown out in NY and CA and IL, for example. Those are just 3 states. Sure, Bush can blow out Kerry in the Dakotas, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, some states in the southeast, but they don't add up as much. So it's way more unlikely than Kerry winning the PV and losing the EC, imo.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies