If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:22:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Kerry wins the EV but not the popular vote...  (Read 9070 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 27, 2004, 06:52:43 AM »

If Kerry 'does a Bush' and wins the Electoral College despite loosing the popular vote, will there be more demand for a change in the rules? And if this voting anomaly happens, will Republicans out there promise not to gripe about it!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 02:40:37 PM »

Thank you. Oh and the reason why I have an interest is because i'm a student of American Politics in university! and it's a topic we have covered many times. But just to say, in 1951, Labour won the most votes in the General Election but not the most seats, so didn't get to form the government. And in 1974, I think, the Conservatives won the most votes, but not the seats. So our system can also produce the same results, and it's not been changed. Currently the Conservatives are ahead in many polls, yet if they were translated into seats, Labour would still gain a comfortable majority. That's politics for you!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 05:37:27 PM »

Quite right VP Al. I don't trust any poll from 'Anything You want Guv' (YouGov)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies