Question for those who support the Flag Burning Amendment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:39:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Question for those who support the Flag Burning Amendment
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for those who support the Flag Burning Amendment  (Read 772 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 29, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »

It's one thing to believe that flag burning should be illegal, but is it really worth the time and effort of amending the Constitution over a minor issue like this? It's not like flag burning happens that often anyway.

If the Supreme Court had upheld anti-flag burning laws, I wouldn't try to change the Constitution to invalidate the ruling (though if an amendment was to be introduced, I'd support it).

Flag burning may offend people, but so does hate speech. Why should one be legal and the other not?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 10:01:22 PM »

If the Supreme Court had upheld anti-flag burning laws, I wouldn't try to change the Constitution to invalidate the ruling (though if an amendment was to be introduced, I'd support it).

Maybe they're in the same position as you. They wouldn't try to change the Constitution to invalidate the ruling -- except an amendment was introduced, so they support it.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 11:43:48 PM »

It's one thing to believe that flag burning should be illegal, but is it really worth the time and effort of amending the Constitution over a minor issue like this? It's not like flag burning happens that often anyway.

Flag burning may offend people, but so does hate speech. Why should one be legal and the other not?

Flag burning seems like a minor issue to you, slavery is the same for me.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies