Opinion of Chick Tracts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:40:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Chick Tracts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: You know what to do...
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of Chick Tracts  (Read 13500 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006, 11:01:31 PM »

The Chick message is pretty much that one should worship God out of fear of hell - one need not love God, only fear him enough to worship him to avoid punishment.

You're spot on. To worship anything out of fear is neither righteous nor liberating. Jack Chick uses fear to promote his message (and yes it's his message, not Gods or Jesus' or whatever he wants to dress it up as)

Uhh Dude, Chick's tracts are just illustrations of Bible passages- that is why he qoutes Bible scripture about 20 times in every tract. Chick's message is the inspired word of god- that is what the Bible is after all.

Just face it, intolerants. You take shots at Chick because he speaks the word of God and you don't like the word of God- you are ashamed of it. It is o.k. though. Only the most disciplned and enlightened are called to Christ. You undisciplined and unmotivated guys can go join some false religion like Budhism, islam, Judaism,catholicism, or become an atheist like SOS.

If you can't take the heat(Holy Bible) then get the hell out of the kitchen,please.

Could you point it out to me where exactly in the Bible it explains that D&D leads to the occult rather than just being some game nerds play, or where in the Bible all those anti-Catholic conspiracy theories are? Oh, wait, you can't, because they aren't there.

PS - I'm not at all ashamed in rejecting a tyrannical, narcissitic 'god' who would mercilessly send anyone who refused to be a slave to eternal torment.

PSS - Judge not, lest ye be judged. Love thy enemies. Treat others as you would wish to be treated. If you're going to claim to be a follower of Jesus, I suggest you put away your hatred and follow the teachings of Jesus instead of providing vain lipservice about your own superiority(humility was also something Jesus preached, which you seem to be forgetting).
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2006, 12:51:51 PM »

The Chick message is pretty much that one should worship God out of fear of hell - one need not love God, only fear him enough to worship him to avoid punishment.

You're spot on. To worship anything out of fear is neither righteous nor liberating. Jack Chick uses fear to promote his message (and yes it's his message, not Gods or Jesus' or whatever he wants to dress it up as)

Uhh Dude, Chick's tracts are just illustrations of Bible passages- that is why he qoutes Bible scripture about 20 times in every tract. Chick's message is the inspired word of god- that is what the Bible is after all.

Just face it, intolerants. You take shots at Chick because he speaks the word of God and you don't like the word of God- you are ashamed of it. It is o.k. though. Only the most disciplned and enlightened are called to Christ. You undisciplined and unmotivated guys can go join some false religion like Budhism, islam, Judaism,catholicism, or become an atheist like SOS.

If you can't take the heat(Holy Bible) then get the hell out of the kitchen,please.

Anyone can spit Bible quotes taken out of context left and right.
To understand the Bible as a whole and interpret those passages in context is a totally different thing.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2006, 05:57:41 PM »

Could you point it out to me where exactly in the Bible it explains that D&D leads to the occult rather than just being some game nerds play, or where in the Bible all those anti-Catholic conspiracy theories are? Oh, wait, you can't, because they aren't there.

PS - I'm not at all ashamed in rejecting a tyrannical, narcissitic 'god' who would mercilessly send anyone who refused to be a slave to eternal torment.

PSS - Judge not, lest ye be judged. Love thy enemies. Treat others as you would wish to be treated. If you're going to claim to be a follower of Jesus, I suggest you put away your hatred and follow the teachings of Jesus instead of providing vain lipservice about your own superiority(humility was also something Jesus preached, which you seem to be forgetting).

Dude, I never said I was perfect. The good thing Is I don't have to be- King Jesus defeated death and I "get that" so I'm saved. It is so very simple, please do the same.

That is a nice Get Out of Jail Free Card, Hawk.  Your anger and enmity will not endear you to the Lord. 

OT: You vaguely remind me of Duvall in The Apostle.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2006, 07:03:22 PM »

I dare any of you pompous, ass hole,  pharisees, on  this forum to dare say they have never sinned.

Have you never sinned, windbag of the west?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2006, 07:21:27 PM »

Wow, Patrick, you really don't know one damn thing about christianity.

When Christ beat death he gave everybody a "get out of jail free card".

We all deserrve Hell. We all have sinned. We all have come short of the glory of God. We all can CHOOSE to be forgiven.

I dare any of you pompous, ass hole,  pharisees, on  this forum to dare say they have never sinned.

Knock the log out of your own ass hole patrick before you tell me of the splinter in my ass cheeck,please.

I may be reprobate, you are just a douche.

You are going to have to earn your way into heaven.  Being a hacky, bigoted a$$clown on an internet forum is truly testifying. 

Pax vobiscum, my friend. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2006, 07:23:23 PM »

Anyone can spit Bible quotes taken out of context left and right.
To understand the Bible as a whole and interpret those passages in context is a totally different thing.

And that's the problem with Chick.  He doesn't provide that context.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2006, 10:09:07 PM »

We all deserrve Hell. We all have sinned. We all have come short of the glory of God. We all can CHOOSE to be forgiven.

Knock the log out of your own ass hole patrick before you tell me of the splinter in my ass cheeck,please.

Nice insults. I think we should all do the Christian thing and turn the other cheek as Jesus advised, unlike Hawkeye who has repeatedly shown he can't follow Jesus's very simple advice on dealing with other people.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006, 11:54:24 PM »

If this is what a holy person looks like who is in God's favor, then by God, I'm certainly glad that I am not. Smiley
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2006, 12:21:40 AM »

Once again I ask:

Why are all of you bothering to argue with a fake poster?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2006, 08:37:45 AM »

Once again I ask:

Why are you bothering to keep asking the question? PBrunsel has confirmed that Hawkeye is his brother and he does believe the crap he spouts - thusly, since a respectable poster who would have no known reason to claim this falsely has said so, we'll take him as real. People with extreme and out of touch views do exist in this world, you know, so it's not out of the question that one would come to this forum.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »

Once again I ask:

Hey BRTD,

I will use the same criteria that you defend opebo as real with:

1. Hawkeye must be real because you can trace his IP adress to Iowa.

2. Hawkeye must be real because he knows a hell of a lot about Iowa, gym teaching, and football, all things he talks about.

3. Opebo has declared his vbiews are noty exagerations but his true ideals, as has my brother.

So say it BRTD, Hawkeye is a real poster, or are you simply to stuborn to admit you were wrong?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »

There's a big difference between being in Iowa and being in Thailand. The people accusing opebo of being fake believed he had never been to Thailand and did not have sex with prostitutes, etc. Proving that opebo is posting from Thailand disproves that, and more evidence on other web forums showed that he is having sex with prostitutes. However, Hawkeye's location is rather irrelevant, he could claim to be from any state and be largely the same.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »

There's a big difference between being in Iowa and being in Thailand. The people accusing opebo of being fake believed he had never been to Thailand and did not have sex with prostitutes, etc. Proving that opebo is posting from Thailand disproves that, and more evidence on other web forums showed that he is having sex with prostitutes. However, Hawkeye's location is rather irrelevant, he could claim to be from any state and be largely the same.

Yawn, same old double standard crap from you.

Not many people realy care about Iowa (except canddiates fro President), so why would he post from Iowa? Why not a big state like texas, because Texas is really important?

Also, Hawkeye does know a huge amount about body training, gym teaching, and science, stuff you learn from being a college graduate who aimed at being a gym teacher or a science teacher.

See BRTD, I can use your own logic against you. So admit it, my brother Hawkeye is 100% real. Stop being so stubborn Communist and admit it or will be forced to continue humiliating you.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2006, 12:58:40 PM »

Not many people realy care about Iowa (except canddiates fro President), so why would he post from Iowa? Why not a big state like texas, because Texas is really important?

Why did nomorelies claim to be from South Dakota as MissCatholic? Nomo pretty much picked a random state for each of his accounts, because the state wasn't all that important.

Also, Hawkeye does know a huge amount about body training, gym teaching, and science, stuff you learn from being a college graduate who aimed at being a gym teacher or a science teacher.

So do plenty of people in the US. That has nothing to do with his views. However, how many Americans know as much about Thailand and international prostitution besides sex tourists?
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2006, 01:00:10 PM »

Not many Americans know much about Iowa. Do you know what year it became a state or who was the first Whig Governor?

See? I am correct using your crappy "logic" you silly Red.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2006, 02:43:08 PM »

Not many Americans know much about Iowa. Do you know what year it became a state or who was the first Whig Governor?

1846 and James W. Grimes. Took me 2 minutes to look that up.

opebo knows plenty about Thailand that you can't research that easily.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2006, 04:22:46 PM »

"LOLZ RILI GUD PUSI IS THE BEST BROTHEL IN THAILAND!" does not qualify as information, BRTD.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2006, 04:56:39 PM »

Very good silly Red (i'm talking to him like opebo in case you didn't notice) but ask my brother the name of the principal at the Elementary School he teaches at. Ask him the gym teacher who mentored him. Ask him the school he was mentored at.

He knows it all, and it can be looked up.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2006, 04:57:01 PM »

"LOLZ RILI GUD PUSI IS THE BEST BROTHEL IN THAILAND!" does not qualify as information, BRTD.
Pink does more than you think.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »

Guys, I have a confession. I am not real. I'm realy just the alter ego of BTRD, Opebo, and J-Mann.

I think the real problem Christians have is that they act like such god damned pussy ass f****ts instead of the hard ass, nail eater that Father God wishes them to be. Christians should use the militant approach, much like  the millitant muslim religion,  and start forcing the one, true correct gospel, view down you f****t ass, bitch acting, twiddle dick, sh**t brained, lutheran-crapolic-liberal-pussy wannabe christians. I MAY BE A SINNER BUT MY CHRISTIANITY IS A WHOLE LOT REALER THAN YOUR FRAUDULENT FALSE BELIEFS!!!!
Hahaha, you're wrong.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »

Haha, I really don't like you Max . . .

You shall not go to any of my parties.
Sad
What if I give you some money out of my pants?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2006, 08:25:48 PM »

Sad

No one wants the proceeds from your manwhoring, Reese.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2006, 08:30:46 PM »

Sad

No one wants the proceeds from your manwhoring, Reese.
Everyone gets the proceeds if you know what I mean.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2006, 07:33:08 AM »

I think the real problem Christians have is that they act like such god damned pussy ass f****ts instead of the hard ass, nail eater that Father God wishes them to be. Christians should use the militant approach, much like  the millitant muslim religion,  and start forcing the one, true correct gospel, view down you f****t ass, bitch acting, twiddle dick, sh**t brained, lutheran-crapolic-liberal-pussy wannabe christians. I MAY BE A SINNER BUT MY CHRISTIANITY IS A WHOLE LOT REALER THAN YOUR FRAUDULENT FALSE BELIEFS!!!!

Very Christian of you, as usual Hawkeye. How Christian are you:

1. Let's see, first off you took the Lord's name in vain, breaking the second commandment - good job, very Christian.
2. Nice insults following your breaking of the second commandment, but I'm not quite sure Jesus would approve - from Luke 6 in your Bible
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clearly you curse your enemies, not love and bless them as Jesus commands - your insults show the nature of your hatred. You also show that you either wish to be insulted, seeing as you should treat people as you wish to be treated according to Jesus, or you simply don't follow another of Jesus's commands.
3. Oh, and let's not forget:

But clearly you judge and condemn others on a regular basis - Jesus is telling you here that it is not your place to do so, that it is the territory of God and not you, mortal.

You talk about what a fine Christian you are, Hawkeye, yet you can seem to follow even the most basic instructions that Jesus has given you - instructions a child can understand. Continue to do so and you will not recieve the reward you believe you will. Jesus has warned you otherwise:

If you truly believe that Jesus is your Lord and Saviour, you might actually want to do what he says and behave yourself in a much more civil manner.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2006, 02:35:37 AM »

Very good silly Red (i'm talking to him like opebo in case you didn't notice) but ask my brother the name of the principal at the Elementary School he teaches at. Ask him the gym teacher who mentored him. Ask him the school he was mentored at.

He knows it all, and it can be looked up.

I actually thought you were talking more like Hawkeye...Opebo has been here a long time and back when he was less trollish talked about all sorts of things in a way that was pretty convincing. Hawkeye on the other hand has never made a non-trollish post that I'm aware of. All of his posts are disturbed. Now, PB, if he is for real, I don't get why he's on an internetforum and not in an institution. He has issues with perception of reality, aggressivity and manners. Not ot mention logic. I doubt that he exists simply because I refuse to believe that anyone would just idly accept their brother become such a twisted soul.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies