Opinion of Chick Tracts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:17:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Chick Tracts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: You know what to do...
Positive

Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of Chick Tracts  (Read 13562 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: April 19, 2006, 11:30:10 PM »

They're funny until you realize that someone actually believes all of that.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 11:49:04 PM »

They're funny until you realize that someone actually believes all of that.

I always assumed that they were a parody.  Now I wonder...

There's no way someone could suffer under such a severe case of tongue-jaw impaction for that long.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 01:49:25 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2006, 01:51:17 AM by Senator Gabu »

I thought I'd post what I wrote in that other topic of my summary of Chick Tracts that attempt to prove someone wrong, given that it's relevant to this topic:

Bad person: "I AM ANGRY RAAAAAR NOBODY BETTER GET IN MY WAY BECAUSE I AM SO RIGHT AND I HATE EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME"

Protestant Christian: "Hello sir.  I am the Protestant Christian, and that means that I am, of course, the most polite person you have ever met, in stark contrast to bad people like you, who are always very angry in an obvious attempt to compensate for the fact that you are not a Protestant Christian.  You are wrong."

Bad person: "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAR HOW DARE YOU SAY I AM WRONG RAAAAAAAR I HATE YOU SO MUCH TIME TO GET CRUSHED"

Protestant Christian: "I disagree with your opinion because these Bible verses prove them wrong.  I hope you will casually ignore the fact that this is entirely irrelvant because you don't believe the Bible is the Word of God, and as such, you have no reason whatsoever to take these verses at face value."

Bad person: "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT HOW CAN THIS BE THE BIBLE DISAGREES WITH MY OPINION NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Protestant Christian: "For whatever reason, the Bible, which you have never cared about until this moment in your life, has completely convinced you that I am right and you are wrong.  Isn't that great?"

Bad person: "GOD BLESS THE BIBLE, IT IS SO RIGHT THAT BIOLOGY TEACHERS ARE CRUSHED UNDER ITS WEIGHT EVEN THOUGH THEY AREN'T CHRISTIAN AND EVEN THOUGH IN REAL LIFE THEY WOULD WONDER WHY THE HELL THE PERSON IS USING BIBLE VERSES TO TALK ABOUT SCIENCE"

Protestant Christian: "Isn't Jesus grand?"

Bad person: "I AM SO GLAD JESUS SHOWED ME THE LIGHT, IT IS CERTAINLY REALISTIC THAT I OFFERED NO SUBSTANTIAL OPPOSITION WHATSOEVER AND INSTEAD JUST TRIED TO ATTACK YOU WITH AD HOMINEM ATTACKS AND THEN IMMEDIATELY DECLARED DEFEAT"

THE END

---

The fact never fails to crack me up that Chick always makes the non-Christians in his tracts raving, abrasive lunatics and always makes every Christian a calm, collected, sensible sort.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 12:19:11 AM »

Fear is quite a converter, look at the Great Revival.

Your god approves of the use of fear tactics? Seems rather tyrannical to me.

God is about what we'd call "tough love". He doesn't use a strong hand towards us out of intimidation or "tyranny" as you call it, God is love, but God is also justice and when one does wrong they should expect to be punished. Much like if a child does wrong so they should to be expected to get punished.

Would you approve if a parent, in response to a child doing something wrong, locked the child in the basement and proceeded to torture him for the rest of his life?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 11:54:24 PM »

Wow, Patrick, you really don't know one damn thing about christianity.

When Christ beat death he gave everybody a "get out of jail free card".

We all deserrve Hell. We all have sinned. We all have come short of the glory of God. We all can CHOOSE to be forgiven.

I dare any of you pompous, ass hole,  pharisees, on  this forum to dare say they have never sinned.

Knock the log out of your own ass hole patrick before you tell me of the splinter in my ass cheeck,please.

If this is what a holy person looks like who is in God's favor, then by God, I'm certainly glad that I am not. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 02:56:53 AM »

1. Let's see, first off you took the Lord's name in vain, breaking the second commandment - good job, very Christian.

I actually read an interesting thing about the second commandment.  I'm not sure if it's true or not (I haven't researched it intently), but supposedly, in the time around which the commandments were written, contracts were made "in the Lord's name" (this was literally said at the time of signing the contract).  Hence, to take the Lord's name in vain was to make a contract with every intention to break it.  Under this interpretation, the second commandment is actually essentially instructing people to keep their promises and not to enter into an agreement when they know they can't or don't intend to uphold their side of the bargain.

It would be interesting if true, and to me, God wanting people to learn the lesson of "keep your promises" makes a lot more sense than that of "don't say stuff like 'oh my God' because God doesn't like it or something".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies