Is Queen Rania a Freedom Fighter?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:08:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question:  Is Queen Rania a Freedom Fighter?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Is Queen Rania a Freedom Fighter?  (Read 2955 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2006, 12:05:57 AM »

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 12:07:29 AM »

This question should be: "Would you have sex with her?"

The answer is obviously YES. Anyone who would vote no is obviously a gay or heterosexual female.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 12:17:41 AM »

The answer is obviously YES. Anyone who would vote no is obviously a gay or heterosexual female.

Or, perhaps people who prefer not to have sex with people with whom they have no relationship whatsoever.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 12:19:58 AM »

Or, perhaps people who prefer not to have sex with people with whom they have no relationship whatsoever.

um, look at the pictures of her on her site and then say you wouldn't have sex with her:

www.queenrania.jo
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 04:09:17 AM »

What is it with this new obsession with Queen Rania???
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 08:07:58 AM »

Who is she?

Dave
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 08:36:26 AM »

I find it hard to call someone who defended honor killings "freedom fighter".
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 08:39:23 AM »

The Queen of Jordan / wife of King Abdullah of Jordan. According to BRTD (and I think phknrocket1k), she's "hot". This isn't something I would disagree with, but the questions remains why it is necessary to start half a dozen threads and polls about her whithin a few days' span.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 09:06:21 AM »

The Queen of Jordan / wife of King Abdullah of Jordan. According to BRTD (and I think phknrocket1k), she's "hot". This isn't something I would disagree with, but the questions remains why it is necessary to start half a dozen threads and polls about her whithin a few days' span.

Thanks. I just wondered

Dave
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 10:26:14 AM »

I googled it and it appears like she said the exact opposite on Oprah:

http://www.jordanembassyus.org/speech_hmqr10052001.htm

Oprah: One of the things that we have been horrified by in the U.S., and I've actually done several shows about here, are honor killings. I know you have campaigned against honor killings, the Jordanian parliament however, as I understand it, has rejected laws that would treat those crimes as seriously as other homicides. Where does that stand now?

Queen Rania: It's very important for me to clarify that honor killings are not in any way condoned or accepted in Islam. They are, in fact, un-Islamic. These are more cultural and social aspects that we have to deal with here.

What we're looking to do here in Jordan, and our voices have been heard and many people have been rallying, is to try to explain the whole issue of honor killings, and to try to explain where Islam stands [on] this issue. Once we have this open dialogue and we reach to the grassroots where people can understand this issue, we are hoping through democratic process to change these laws that we have in Jordan.

The problem was the fact that people didn't understand what honor killings were and how often they were happening and all the dimensions of the issue. We need more public awareness about the issue and that's what we're doing right now. It's only a matter of time before these laws that you're referring to are going to be changed.

Of course, it's not like I care one iota about her politics. That's not what's great about her. See above posts.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 10:33:07 AM »

At least BRTD started a foundation as to explain why one would be "a FF" or "HP."  Basing it only on physical beauty shows the lack of blood flow to the brain.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 03:47:39 PM »

I googled it and it appears like she said the exact opposite on Oprah:

http://www.jordanembassyus.org/speech_hmqr10052001.htm

Oprah: One of the things that we have been horrified by in the U.S., and I've actually done several shows about here, are honor killings. I know you have campaigned against honor killings, the Jordanian parliament however, as I understand it, has rejected laws that would treat those crimes as seriously as other homicides. Where does that stand now?

Queen Rania: It's very important for me to clarify that honor killings are not in any way condoned or accepted in Islam. They are, in fact, un-Islamic. These are more cultural and social aspects that we have to deal with here.

What we're looking to do here in Jordan, and our voices have been heard and many people have been rallying, is to try to explain the whole issue of honor killings, and to try to explain where Islam stands [on] this issue. Once we have this open dialogue and we reach to the grassroots where people can understand this issue, we are hoping through democratic process to change these laws that we have in Jordan.

The problem was the fact that people didn't understand what honor killings were and how often they were happening and all the dimensions of the issue. We need more public awareness about the issue and that's what we're doing right now. It's only a matter of time before these laws that you're referring to are going to be changed.

Of course, it's not like I care one iota about her politics. That's not what's great about her. See above posts.
So it seems I was wrong about her. Strangely I made my opinion on a quote in an article supposedly from the above interview; of course, considering the anti-islamic bias of the article, I shouldn't have been so trusting.
Still, I don't think that physical attraction is a good factor for determining whether someone is a HP or a FF - not to mention that this whole oversimplified classification is getting very silly.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 08:53:32 PM »

Anyone who wouldn't want to have sex with her clearly has no attraction to women.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies