Kerry expanding into Virginia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:08:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry expanding into Virginia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry expanding into Virginia  (Read 10721 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: May 28, 2004, 04:24:27 PM »

He's gaudging how far he could go in Virginia so that he knows what affect putting Edwards on the ticket might have.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 04:46:26 PM »

Wow, Vorlon, this map is much more Bush freindly than I would have expected, especially given all the negative coverage.  Why so?  Some "credible" organizations seem to think that Kerry has Bush falling back in a near rout.

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 08:46:33 PM »

I think the map at http://www.electionprojection.com/elections2004.html is begining to show what is more likely than Vorlon's current projection.  And if you scrolled down and look at State of the States.

Really Close Bush States (5% or less)
53 Electoral Votes

Tennessee (11) - 2.39%
Arkansas (6) - 1.50%
Virginia (13) - 1.18%
Louisiana (9) - 1.08%
West Virginia (5) - 0.78%
Colorado (9) - 0.54%

Really Close Kerry States (5% or less)
70 Electoral Votes

Arizona (10) - 0.73%
Iowa (7) - 3.05%
Missouri (11) - 3.36%
Nevada (5) - 3.54%
Florida (27) - 3.70%
Wisconsin (10) - 4.10%

Begining to look really easy for Colorado and West Virginia to come into Kerry's fold.

Election day map.  The always optomistic.

and Georgia at 5.33 Bush advantage is awfully close to becoming one of the really close for Bush.

When Bush and Kerry are polling near even in Georgia - Bush better call U-Haul

Kerry      337
Bush      148
Toss Up  53

Dude, that map is seriously junk.  Even Dems that I have talked to say that.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 09:30:31 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2004, 09:40:56 PM by supersoulty »

It is extreme but I think it is in the realm of possibility.  I don't believe that this will be a close election.  Despite (and actually maybe because of) all the attention that the split-country model has been getting in the media.  Bush or Kerry will untimately win in a landslide in November.  My model is simply and I think accurately what a Kerry landslide would look like.  Just like your prediction Soupersoulty, which I think is just as optomistic and perhaps realistic, is what a Bush landslide would like.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  That's my prediction for a Santorum/Kucinich race.  You'd know if you had bothered to look.

P.S. Personally, given the very divided nature of the electorate and the EC, I do believe that this maybe the first re-election campaign since 1916 where one candidate doesn't totally blow the other off the map.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 09:38:06 PM »

It is extreme but I think it is in the realm of possibility.  I don't believe that this will be a close election.  Despite (and actually maybe because of) all the attention that the split-country model has been getting in the media.  Bush or Kerry will untimately win in a landslide in November.  My model is simply and I think accurately what a Kerry landslide would look like.  Just like your prediction Soupersoulty, which I think is just as optomistic and perhaps realistic, is what a Bush landslide would like.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  That's my prediction for a Santorum/Kucinich race.  You'd know if you had bothered to look.

Unrelated...

Your take on the Pennsylvania senate race?

Please & Thank-you!

I haven't researched into it much, because personally I have stopped caring, but I think Specter will probably win by a rather tidy margin.  Hoeffel just lacks the organization.  I am kinda hoping Hoeffel wins to be honest, that way there would be no established candidate to take on Santorum.  Unless of course Specter can dig up some dirt to fatally wound Hoeffel.  I know that that is not what you asked for.

I will say this though, the victory of Specter over Toomey proves one thing.  Look at the map.  I see that those voters who are from the more conservative areas of PA are fiercly loyal to Bush (because they voted for Specter against their own beliefs).  That could play big for Bush in November.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 09:51:56 PM »

note to john kerry:  OHIO.

so far ive heard colorado, arkansas, louisiana and virginia.  tomorrow nebraska will probably be on kerry's map

I think that Kerry is testing the waters for his various VP choices.  Seeing where he can acctually make gains if he applies himself and picks the right VP.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 09:55:22 PM »

Or maybe I have access to more numbers than you do, and understand them better....  Wink

Have a great weekend.. Smiley

ahhhh....the fabled 'secret information' like that guy who had his secret 'inside info' on who's on the real Kerry Shortlist.

dude..I dont have a problem with you...just admit that your predictions are effected by your pro Bush bias just like everyone else. admitting you are biased is the first step....we are all biased....are we to assume that you are the only unbiased person (highly unlikely a lifelong Republican can suddenly become unbiased)

I wouldn't arguee with the man.  Something tells me the Vorlon is a real pollster.  He seems to love Mason/Dixon (could just be a coincidence).  Or even better, he may be involoved in running the extremely accurate internal polls that the cadidate use.

The other guy who claimed inside info (can't remember who it was) was just a nutcase.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 02:08:46 AM »

A state reaches its saturation limit too.  I wouldn't be surprised if your "bang" decreases exponentially the more bucks you put in.

Very true.  After a while, people will just tune you out.  Dean absolutly saturated the airwaves in New Hampshire and spent a lot of money in Iowa and look what it got him.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 02:15:14 PM »

P.S. Personally, given the very divided nature of the electorate and the EC, I do believe that this maybe the first re-election campaign since 1916 where one candidate doesn't totally blow the other off the map.

Come on Super how am i supposed to know if it is your real map.  Or your pretend Santorum/Kucinich map.  Though that was version 18 of the map you say nothing about it in the comment history. Comments History

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this your real map or is this a hypotetical map between two other candidates that will never be on the ballot for presidential election.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2004/pred04.php?action=indpred&id=1116

Before you diss my map, which I openly before the forum admit that it is unlikely though may be what a sweep scenario looks like, than post and defend your own map.

No that's the map from a dream that I had, as I was just showing, States.  And I used the map you posted on the Santorum vs. Kucinich thread.  I don't really have a real map at the moment.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 02:17:20 PM »

Come on Super how am i supposed to know if it is your real map.  Or your pretend Santorum/Kucinich map.  Though that was version 18 of the map you say nothing about it in the comment history. Comments History

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this your real map or is this a hypotetical map between two other candidates that will never be on the ballot for presidential election.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/GENERAL/CAMPAIGN/2004/pred04.php?action=indpred&id=1116

Before you diss my map, which I openly before the forum admit that it is unlikely though may be what a sweep scenario looks like, than post and defend your own map.

And, I had my map posted in my signature for a long time, I just took it down because there wasn't enough room.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2004, 02:16:25 AM »

alright, supersoulty's latest prediction map:

I really hope you made this map for some other reason and it's not a serious prediction. I can't see even supersoulty being this deluded.

Oh for Christ's sake how many ing times am I going ot have to explain this.  That was a map I made to explain a dream I had.  Don't bother goin ginto my maps and if you do, the least curdisy you could do is look on the last ing page and get the explination.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies