Hawkeye and I
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:42:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hawkeye and I
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hawkeye and I  (Read 4884 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 06:41:51 AM »

I never said he was a fake account. I would rather have suspected that his character on here is not his real self. From what I've seen on the forum he doesn't act like a real person. There are a lot of people here with views that are seriously out there and strange in many ways - StatesRights, Jmfcst, Bono, too many left-wingers to list, including Speed of Sound, BRTD, etc, etc, etc.

But all of them behave like real persons. They occassionally put smilies in their posts. They talk about their kids, or their day at school and so on.

But Hawkeye never does anything except yell insults against people on weird issues. I've stated that if that is REALLY him, then you ought to, as his brother, get him some help. He's aggressive, egomaniac and has a seriously distorted view of reality. Those are problems that he should take psychiatric help for. But, I find it hard to believe that would be him.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 06:45:30 AM »

I should perhaps say that I don't hate PBrunsel or anything. I didn't mean it that way. I wouldn't even be all that mad if it were to come out that Hawkeye to be fake. But for me it doesn't add up very well.

And Verin, no, I didn't think all Americans were like that, never had and never will. Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 06:50:01 AM »

I believe you PBrunsel - I've got little reason to doubt your word on this.

Frankly, I don't find it too hard to believe that someone as irrational and contradictory as Hawkeye exists. Plenty of people like him have existed throughout history. Most of us are rational, so we have a hard time dealing with the idea that someone on our forum is that batsh*t crazy in their beliefs - we don't actually have to deal with him face to face so for some it's easier to go with the notion that he's a troll instead of having to face the rather depressing fact that a human can be that irrational, not to mention that it even further boggles the mind when you think of how it could possibly be that someone as polite and reasonable as PBrunsel has such a rude and unreasonable person for a brother. It is indeed strange that two brothers raised under the same roof are so vastly different, but it does happen.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 08:51:07 AM »

I guess brothers can be different, I have a younger brother who I'm ashamed of.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »

For the record I believe PBrunsel on this one. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006, 07:06:19 AM »

I never said he was a fake account. I would rather have suspected that his character on here is not his real self. From what I've seen on the forum he doesn't act like a real person. There are a lot of people here with views that are seriously out there and strange in many ways - StatesRights, Jmfcst, Bono, too many left-wingers to list, including Speed of Sound, BRTD, etc, etc, etc.

But all of them behave like real persons. They occassionally put smilies in their posts. They talk about their kids, or their day at school and so on.

But Hawkeye never does anything except yell insults against people on weird issues. I've stated that if that is REALLY him, then you ought to, as his brother, get him some help. He's aggressive, egomaniac and has a seriously distorted view of reality. Those are problems that he should take psychiatric help for. But, I find it hard to believe that would be him.
Oh come on, he's not half as bad as PD was. Smiley

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2006, 11:11:57 AM »

Well, they're pretty similar. While PD was even less civil, I would say he had better views. He at least was not a Nazi.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 11:31:44 AM »

I do think Browneye is a fake poster, to the extent that he doesn't believe much of what he posts (like Oscar).  But, according to a Google search, Paul was away when Browneye was posting. 

I believe they are two separate people.

(Note:  Flyers didn't believe I was me, either).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 12:38:44 PM »

Well, they're pretty similar. While PD was even less civil, I would say he had better views. He at least was not a Nazi.
Hawkeye amuses me (at times). PD never did.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 05:19:18 AM »

Hawkeye amuses me (at times). PD never did.

Really? What he said about WWII and feminists was pretty amusing.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 05:29:36 AM »

On this whole thing, I believe you PB, although it had crossed my mind that you and Hawkeye might be the same person I didn't really believe it. Its just when you have two people who are so close in proximity and one.. has very extreme views and is combative it makes you think that they might not be for real. Heck I'm surprised people never thought PD and I were the same person.

I knew, I just didn't tell on you.

Why would you be PD, why not another CA Republican? Hmmm...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 04:43:31 PM »

I'm not saying I think PBrunsel and Hawkeye are the same person, but I think both of them are lying about who Hawkeye is.

He cannot be an adult with a high IQ who works at a public school. I really do find that part hard to believe...
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 06:28:32 PM »

I'm not saying I think PBrunsel and Hawkeye are the same person, but I think both of them are lying about who Hawkeye is.

He cannot be an adult with a high IQ who works at a public school. I really do find that part hard to believe...

I don't remember PBrunsel ever confirming or denying the high IQ part, though if he did point it out for me if you would. Anyways, other than the high IQ part, I'd believe that he could be an adult and a gym teacher - his intelligence is probably average or slightly above average, though in his arrogance he thinks he's smarter than he is.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 06:46:26 PM »

I know a gym teacher very much like Hawkeye.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 10:24:33 PM »

I believe you are two different people.

I also believe when people really, really piss you off, you are tempted ot log in as hawk and vent at them under cover.  Not that you do, but I bet it can be tempting.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies