Incumbent DeWine (R) with Fairly Big Lead Over Brown (D) in Ohio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:22:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Incumbent DeWine (R) with Fairly Big Lead Over Brown (D) in Ohio
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Incumbent DeWine (R) with Fairly Big Lead Over Brown (D) in Ohio  (Read 20212 times)
Deano963

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 01:51:38 AM »

good news!

dewine is horrible.  but brown should be flogged.

im still confidently predicting a blackwell victory.

LOL!!! - Walter in my four or five months on this forum I have yet to see you make ONE SINGLE PREDICTION that turns out to come anywhere near the actual result.

I think if I ever find myself in agreement with yourself on a race I will change my prediction immediately.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 01:55:24 AM »

...shouldn't Brown at least do better than John Kerry did in 2004?  Or at least better than Eric Fingerhut did LOL.

Better than Fingerhut, that’s for sure, but he won’t do anywhere near as well as Kerry.

nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 02:13:47 AM »

Anyone who thinks this is "over" because of a high single-digit lead 6 months before the election is stupid.

I stand by that remark Wink
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 05:40:05 AM »

I'm surprised by how many of the replies to this thread point at a DeWine victory. As someone who lives in Ohio, I definitely sensed a great dissatisfaction with the status quo and was not shocked that Brown won. In one of the states so clearly mired with political scandals and some blame for Bush remaining in office (including accusations of Blackwell's mishandling of the 2004 elections), should it be a shock that incumbents were ousted left and right?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 01:17:38 PM »

I'm surprised by how many of the replies to this thread point at a DeWine victory. As someone who lives in Ohio, I definitely sensed a great dissatisfaction with the status quo and was not shocked that Brown won. In one of the states so clearly mired with political scandals and some blame for Bush remaining in office (including accusations of Blackwell's mishandling of the 2004 elections), should it be a shock that incumbents were ousted left and right?

While the results for senator and governor were, undoubtedly, good for Democrats in Ohio, it wasn't for the most part reflected at the House district level with Chabot, and, seemingly, Schmidt and Pryce holding on, though we won't know for sure about those two until tomorrow. Democrats outpolled GOP House candidates statewide but, if nothing changes, Republicans will have a 11 to 8 advantage in its House delegation

Democrats did make gains at the state Senate (+1) and House (+7) level, of course, but not enough to take control

Still, if Strickland and Brown do good, the long-term prospects for Ohio Democrats should improve

Dave
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »

While the results for senator and governor were, undoubtedly, good for Democrats in Ohio, it wasn't for the most part reflected at the House district level with Chabot, and, seemingly, Schmidt and Pryce holding on, though we won't know for sure about those two until tomorrow.

Schmidt was declared the winner five days ago.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »

While the results for senator and governor were, undoubtedly, good for Democrats in Ohio, it wasn't for the most part reflected at the House district level with Chabot, and, seemingly, Schmidt and Pryce holding on, though we won't know for sure about those two until tomorrow.

Schmidt was declared the winner five days ago.

Well, Schmidt is home and dry. Pryce has defeated Kilroy by 1,055 votes (50.2% to 49.8%) trigerring an automatic recount. That Foley-phile should have went down handidly

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies