Incumbent Kohl (D) with Strong Lead over Republican Challengers in Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 02:13:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Incumbent Kohl (D) with Strong Lead over Republican Challengers in Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Incumbent Kohl (D) with Strong Lead over Republican Challengers in Wisconsin  (Read 1851 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:26:31 AM »
« edited: May 03, 2006, 08:38:38 AM by Dave Leip »

New Poll: Wisconsin Senator by Strategic Vision on 2006-04-30

Summary: D: 63%, R: 25%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Republican Figures for Robert Lorge
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 10:33:49 AM »

Only way Kohl can be touched is if Thompson enters the race. He won't so Kohl will be re-elected. And unless the Republican is really good I might just vote for Kohl, he isn't anywhere as bad or crazy as Feingold.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 07:31:59 PM »

Only way Kohl can be touched is if Thompson enters the race. He won't so Kohl will be re-elected. And unless the Republican is really good I might just vote for Kohl, he isn't anywhere as bad or crazy as Feingold.

Is Thompson the only Republican who can win in Wisconsin?  In both Kohl and Doyle threads you've only mentioned him as a very strong challenger.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 07:44:22 PM »

I might just vote for Kohl, he isn't anywhere as bad or crazy as Feingold.

Does Kohl even do anything?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 08:18:09 PM »

other than annoy me?  not really.

those two clowns from michigan also irritate me.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 11:18:41 PM »

From Wikipedia...

Before his election to the Senate, Kohl helped build his family-owned business, Kohl's grocery and department stores. He served as President from 1970 through the sale of the corporation in 1979. In 1985 he bought the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team to ensure the basketball team remained in Milwaukee and is recognized as an avid sportsman. Kohl is one of the nation's wealthiest politicians. Fairly conservative estimates put his wealth at $111 million, while he could be worth more than $250 million. This has inspired his use of the catchphrase "Nobody's Senator but yours" on campaign commercials, implying that he is immune to bribery, whereas other senators may not be.

United State Senate
Senator Kohl remains active in Wisconsin charitable activities. In 1990 he established the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Achievement Award Program, which provides annual grants totaling $100,000 to 100 graduating seniors, 100 teachers and 100 schools throughout Wisconsin. In 1995, Kohl donated $25 million to UW-Madison for a new sports arena, the Kohl Center.

Kohl has a fairly moderate voting record. He has voted in favor of most lawsuit reform measures as while as for rules tightening personal bankruptcy. He has long supported amending the Constitution to require a balanced budget. He was one of the few Democrats to vote for the tax cut passed in 2001. He is strongly pro-choice and opposes the death penalty. In 2005 he secured a victory for one of his main causes: requiring handguns to be sold with child safety locks. The amendment was attached to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, with every Democrat voting in favor of the amendment as well as many Republicans including the Senate Majority leader, Bill Frist.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 11:27:19 PM »

Kohl is inoffensive.  He does not do all that much, but he is very well-liked in Wisconsin (and rich).

He's not a do-nothing, and he is competent, but he's not a big force.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 09:48:45 AM »

He does not do all that much, but he is very well-liked in Wisconsin (and rich).

That's the most accurate observation here. I don't believe I've ever seen him on the Senate floor, rarely in committee and I don't think I've ever heard his name attached to legislation except this, I guess...

In 2005 he secured a victory for one of his main causes: requiring handguns to be sold with child safety locks. The amendment was attached to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, with every Democrat voting in favor of the amendment as well as many Republicans including the Senate Majority leader, Bill Frist.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 04:18:18 PM »

other than annoy me?  not really.

those two clowns from michigan also irritate me.

Which two Clowns???

hu
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies