Lieberman (D) Leads Solidly in Connecticut (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:30:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Lieberman (D) Leads Solidly in Connecticut (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lieberman (D) Leads Solidly in Connecticut  (Read 4678 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: June 07, 2006, 02:25:03 PM »

Good, the only Democrat I want to win is winning.  Now I can worry about the other races.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 11:59:59 AM »

I think the Democratic party needs to be a big tent that houses moderate and conservative Democrats.

Yes, but Connecticut shouldn't have to house these "conservatives".  Conservative Democrats like Ben Nelson are great - because they're the best Dems can hope for in places like Nebraska.  But Connecticut deserves a senator more in line with the state's voters.

I think too many people are focusing on the party, and not on the state.  If Lieberman were from some place like Nebraska, I'd support him.  But he's just not appropriate for Connecticut.  For the nation, he is probably a very good thing, however.  But that doesn't mean he deserves re-election in his home state.

The people of the state of... any state... deserve whoever they are smart or stupid enough to elect.  Did it ever occure to you that people acctually chose to elect Lieberman?  I thing that you exibit a pretty elitist attitude by suggesting anything different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies