Drudge Exposes Clark as Liar (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:49:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Drudge Exposes Clark as Liar (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drudge Exposes Clark as Liar  (Read 17235 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

« on: January 15, 2004, 12:12:58 PM »

If true this is a big gaffe for Clark.  But I'll wait to see if the major news networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, & CNN) pick it up.  Drudge doesn't do the greatest fact checking in the world.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 12:43:14 PM »

All politicians lie.  But when they get caught in a blatant one it can best be called a gaffe.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 01:22:20 PM »

Like I said, all politicians lie.

Dick Cheney went on meet the Press in early 2003 and declared that "we believe Hussein has reconstituted nuclear weapons".  In May 2003 Donald Rumsfeld testified before Congress that he didn't believe that anyone within this administration had suggested that Hussein had nuclear weapons.  There's no way that Cheney would have that sort of info and a few months later Rumsfeld not have it.

Yep, Clark may have shot himself in the butt on this one.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 03:01:51 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2004, 03:03:04 PM by Wakie »

W is far from perfect, but I don't remember him changing his positions on a major issue in order to run from president.  I remember Gore doing that, and that is the main reason why I can't stand him.
What about his claim that he was opposed to nation building?  Isn't that exactly what we're doing in Iraq?
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 10:06:43 PM »

What about his claim that he was opposed to nation building?  Isn't that exactly what we're doing in Iraq?

Yeah, and the isolationists prior to Pearl Harbor changed their minds after 12/7/1941.  That doesn't make them liars.  In that case, the isolationists misjudged the threat.

Bush's nation building comment had to do with low level conflicts, it was not in the context of terrorism or a major conflict or a major attack on the American mainland.  He was simply saying he doesn’t believe America should be mucking around trying to fine tweak the world when we could be minding our own business.

If I say that I prefer to keep to myself, that doesn’t mean I won’t become aggressive if attacked.

In other words, you’re comparing apples to oranges.

Except that Iraq wasn't about terrorism.  There were no Iraqis involved in 9/11.  Al Qaeda had publicly condemned Hussein and called for his removal on numerous occassions.

Now Paul O'Neil has revealed that Bush wanted to take out Saddam before he was even in office (prior to 9/11).  Anyone would realize that such an action would require the rebuilding of Iraq.

This translates into a simple reality.  Bush lied.

Is it good that Saddam is gone?  Yes.  Was he removed because of terrorism?  Of course not.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 12:17:53 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2004, 12:18:32 AM by Wakie »

jmfcst, I am just amazed that you can't accept that Bush blatantly lied when he said he was opposed to nation building yet wanted to invade Iraq.  Do you think he was just stupid and didn't realize we'd have to rebuild the country afterwards?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies