Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:15:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 311411 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »
« edited: October 28, 2008, 08:04:39 PM by Sen. DWTL »

Fix Atlasia First Act

1.) F.L. 27-11 is hereby repealed
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »

I was torn between the calling it the "Help Atlasians First Act" which is what I originally typed and "Fix Atlasia First Act" so what you got is the combo
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »

Commeration of KoTBP Act

Section 1: Monument
a.) A monument shall be built at a location to be determined by a vote of the people of Nyman to honor the former governor of the Dirty South, Kingofthebenchpress.
b.) The cost of the project shall not exceed twenty millions ($20,000,000) dollars.

Section 2: Inscription
a.) The monument must contain the governor's famous phrase:

I love to have sex with hot women

fLast night i got myself a southern bell

2 IN DA PNIK ONE IN DA STINK BOYS
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2008, 07:18:54 PM »

Probably still not acceptable to most, but more changes, some drastic this time

Free Palestine Bill

Section 1: Immoral Practices
1. The Republic of Atlasia condemns the practice of some Palestinians to cause harm to innocent Israeli citizens
2. The Republic of Atlasia deplores the nation of Israel for using curfews, walls, and other freedom-restricting measures on the Palestinian people.

Section 2: Recognition of Palestine and Israel
3. The Republic of Atlasia hereby recognizes the nation of Palestine as being made up by Gaza Strip and West Bank upon the above terms being met by top Palestinian officials.
4. The Republic of Atlasia hereby calls upon the United Nations, and more specifically Israel, to recognize Palestine after the said conditions are met.

Section 3: Ceasefire
1. The two independent nations shall agree to a ceasefire lasting no fewer than two (2) years

Section 4: Failure to Comply
1. If the said conditions are met and Israel still does not recognize Palestine, the Republic of Atlasia will hereby withhold 70% of military aid to Israel and 5% more aid will be witheld for every month Israel does not recognize Palestine.
2. If the Palestinians fail to end government sanctioned violence against the Israeli people, they shall not receive any financial aide.

Section 5: Neutrality
1. Atlasia agrees to remain neutral in conflict between Israel and Iran if Palestinians meet their terms of the agreement

Let's actually do something about the problem rather than sending them a very angry letter
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2008, 03:51:35 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2008, 03:53:06 PM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

A placeholder at the moment as changes may occur:

Senate Resolution Calling for a Constitutional Convention

Section 1: Consent
The Senate of Atlasia hereby gives its consent to the President of Atlasia to call a Constitutional Convention.

Section 2: Delegate Selection
a. The SoFA shall compiled a list of registered voters

b. Each region shall receive on delegate for every ten residents, and one for every five voters in the last election.

c. Each region shall then vote for representation based on the candidates put forth by a deadline imposed by the SoFA

Section 3: Leadership
The Senate of Atlasia shall elect a Presiding Officer for the Convention. The Presiding Officer shall be tasked with running the Convention and shall be given the power to break ties in votes conducted by the Senate. Nominations shall be accepted from any citizen of Atlasia.

Section 4: Rules of Order
The Convention shall adopt rules of order as their first order of business. The rules of order must contain, but should not be limited to:

a. Any citizen will be allowed to propose ideas to the Convention.

b. Only the delegates of the Convention will be allowed to vote.

c. Vacancies, should they occur, will be filed at the discretion of the governor of the region in which the vacany occured

d. The Convention may only adjourn with 3/4 support.

Section 5: Timing and Location
1. The Convention shall begin one week after every member has been selected.

2. A Child Board will be requested for the Convention to operate in. If the request is not made then the Convention shall conduct it's business in the Atlas Fantasy Government sub-forum.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2009, 11:50:15 AM »

I object to Al's decision to kill my bill, while it may very well fail, there is nothing unworkable about it.  It sets out clear commands to both sides, and the reprecussions of not meeting them.  We are not threatening war, we are threatening to stop helping them if they do not meet our demands.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2009, 09:20:59 AM »

I'd bring it to court if I had the time Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2009, 05:12:55 PM »

You wouldn't have a case anyway. Rules is rules.
You said argue, I presented an argument and you completely ignored it because I didn't include British "humour"
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2009, 10:50:27 AM »

I ask that this bill be brought forth immediatley and put into the Emergency slot:

Resolution Regarding Constitutional Amendments

1.) No senator shall propose a constitutional amendment until the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention
2.) No constitutional amendments shall be voted upon until the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »

The Regional Activity Amendment

1. Article V, Section 1, Clause 1 of the Constitution is hereby amended to read: "No person may simultaneously hold two or more offices of the Republic of Atlasia at the same level of government. This is not to exclude one from holding offices at different levels of government."
I have no problem introducing bills, but I fell constitutional amendments are pointless when a new constitution is being drafted.  If the constitution fails, then reconsider
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2009, 09:51:22 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2009, 10:47:29 AM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

Flat Tax Act

Section 1
1.) The current tax code of Atlasia abolished

Section 2
1.) The tax paid by every Atlasian shall be calculated by using the following formula:
[Income - $20,000 - $5,000 (number of dependents)] multiplied by 18%

Section 3
1.)The numbers "$20,000" and "$5,000" shall be adjusted each year for wage inflation
2.) If the number calculated from this formula is less than $0, the Atlasian shall be entitled to a check totalling the amount under $0
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2009, 10:00:39 AM »

It is not clear how that formula would work. Can you give examples partiuclarly for personal incomes less than $20,000 (or do they pay nothing - which I would support in principle)? Does it affect taxation levied against businesses?
Section 3 outlines that if you make less than $20,000, there is actually a negative tax.  This bill would not effect current regulations on business.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »

It is not clear how that formula would work. Can you give examples partiuclarly for personal incomes less than $20,000 (or do they pay nothing - which I would support in principle)? Does it affect taxation levied against businesses?
Section 3 outlines that if you make less than $20,000, there is actually a negative tax.  This bill would not effect current regulations on business.

It may be worthwhile to amend Section 3 so that the increase in the thresholds is in line with or linked to wage inflation as opposed to consumer inflation
Will do
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2009, 07:55:19 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2009, 01:32:11 PM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

An old favorite:

Legalization of Heroin Bill

Section 1: Findings
1. Heroin is a white, crystalline, narcotic powder, C21H23NO5, derived from morphine, formerly used as an analgesic and sedative.
2. The pharmaceutical price of heroin is only 5% of the average street price of heroin.

Section 2: Applicability
1. This law shall remove all federal restrictions on heroin in addition to legalization in Nyman and other federal territories which do not form a region.
2. The Regions of Atlasia shall be free to legalize and regulate heroin in any manner which they may choose.

Section 3: In Regards to the Legal Status of Heroin
1. The possession and consumption of heroin shall be legal.
2. This law shall not be interpreted as to decriminalize driving under the influence of heroin.
3. Penalties for driving under the influence of heroin shall be the same as those for driving under the influence of alcohol and other substances.

Section 4: Taxation
1. Sales tax on heroin will be 30%.  Individual regions may set their own taxes on heroin as they see fit in addition to the federal tax which shall not exceed 20%.
2. Federal revenue raised from taxes on heroin shall be spent as follows:
   a.) 50% to a newly created National Opiate Addiction Help Center
   b.) 25% to funding for the needle exchange program created by the Atlasian Policy Regarding HIV/AIDS
   c.) 25% to improvements to federal interstate highways
3. Regional revenue generated from sales of heroin shall be used however the region deems necessary by a vote of the people upon voting for legalization.
4. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall not be funded by any other taxes.
5. The National Opiate Addiction Help Center shall focus on treatment options not involving methodone

Section 5: Purchases
1. Heroin shall be available at any licensed pharmacies that chose to sell heroin.
2. Heroin shall not require a prescription but will kept behind the counter under all circumstances.
3. Individuals not in possession of the proper licenses shall still be prohibited from selling heroin.

Section 6: Age Restrictions
1. No one under the age of 18 shall be allowed to purchase heroin
2. Any pharmacist selling heroin to a person under the age of 18 shall be subject to any of the following:
   a.) a fine not to exceed $100,000
   b.) 30 days in a regional prison
   c.) a suspension or revokal of license
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies