Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:04:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 313671 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »

Since it has been merged into the Resolution on the First Protocol, I have withdrawn Resolution Second Protocol of the Geneva Convention.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As far as I know spot reserving isn't illegal, as long as I add the stuff by amendment. Second of all, doing this crazy stunt will 1) Ensure that something gets done and 2) put a timetable on it. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2013, 09:49:58 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2013, 09:51:59 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

OSPR, Article III, Section I

Fortunately, for you both, I don't beleive there are any proscribed penalties, and if there were such, I would be disinclined to pursue the matter save to use it to discourage posting in this thread.

Seriously, legislation can get missed that way, and Maxwell's post actually served to delay the addition of Nix's amendment to the queue.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2013, 12:44:19 PM »

Yea, I beleive I sent a PM asking that withdrawn bills be stricken through and a post made about the matter, as opposed to deletion and no means of informing of what happened. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2013, 12:49:49 PM »

Introduced for Sjoycefla. It is my hope that leaving these combined will help expedite the process and reduce the content of the queue. However, I do have concerns that the concerns of one, may scuttle the many if they remain so.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2013, 07:32:39 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

[/quote]
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 08:09:43 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »

Executive Branch Reorganization Act

A BILL

To clarify, streamline, and improve the structure of the federal government.

1. The following government departments, including all agencies listed in parenthesis, shall be recognized as falling under the authority of the Secretary of Internal Affairs / Secretary of the Treasury :
  • Department of Social Welfare (Fritzcare, Social Security, Food & Nutrition Services, Veterans Benefits Administration, Veterans Health Administration, Health Resources & Services Administration, Indian Health Service, Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services, Administration on the Aging)
  • Department of Economic Development (Postal Service, Federal Aviation Administration, Bureau of the Census, Food & Drug Administration, Patent & Trademark Office, Federal Railroad Administration, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Rural Utilities Service, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Pension benefit Guarantee Corporation, Occupational Safety & Health Administration, Veterans Employment & Training Services, Civilian Radioactive Waste Management, International Trade Administration, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Mine Safety & Health Administration, Veterans Employment and Training Services, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Industry & Security, Employee Benefits Security Administration)
  • Department of Education (Office of Federal Student Aid, Office of Elementary & Secondary Education, Office of Special Education & Rehabilitation, Employment & Training Administration, Office of Post-Secondary Education, Job Corps, Office of Innovation & Improvement, Office of Vocational & Adult Education, Institute of Education Sciences, Office of English Language Acquisition)
  • Department of Science & Technology (National Institute of Health, NASA, National Science Foundation, Energy Science, National Environmental Satellite, Data, & Information Services; Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, Nuclear Energy, National Institute of Food & Agriculture, Atlasian Geological Survey, National Weather Service, Fossil Energy, National Institute of Standards & Technology, National Telecommunications & Information Administration, Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality, Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion)
  • Department of Public Works (Federal Highway Administration, Federal Transit Administration, Amtrak, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Maritime Administration, Power Marketing Administration, Tennessee Valley Authority)
  • Department of Disaster Relief & Prevention (Nuclear Security Administration, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Coast Guard, FEMA, Office of Intelligence & Analysis, Directorate for Science & Technology, National Transportation Safety Board)
  • Department of Environmental Conservation & Land Management (Environmental Protection Agency, Environmental Management, Forest Service, Office of Oceanic & Atmospheric Research, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, National Park Service, Fish & Wildlife Service, Superfund, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, National Marine Fisheries Service, Office of Surface Mining Reclamation, National Ocean Service, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Assessment & Restoration Program)
  • Department of Treasury (Internal Revenue Service, Mint, Customs & Border Protection, Secret Service, Comptroller of the Currency, Bureau of Engraving & Printing, Financial Management Service, Office of Thrift Supervision, Bureau of the Public Debt)
  • Department of Community Development)
  • Department of Agriculture (Farm Service Agency, Foreign Agricultural Service, Agricultural Marketing Service, Food Safety & Inspection Service, Agricultural Research Service, Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service, National Agricultural Statistics Service)
  • Department of Culture (Smithsonian Institute, Library of Congress, Architect of the Capitol, National Cemetery Administration, Corporation for Public Broadcasting, National Archives, Institute of Museum & Library Services, National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Gallery of Art, Atlasian Battle Monuments Commission)
  • Independent Agencies: FDIC, NSA, CIA, Office of Personnel Management, Securities and Exchange Commission, Agency for International Development, Peace Corps, equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, National Labor Relations Board, General Services Administration, Federal Trade Commission, Federal Housing Finance agency, Export-Import Bank of the United States, Consumer Product Safety Commission, Federal Election Commission)

2. The following government departments shall be recognized as falling under the authority of the Secretary of External Affairs / Secretary of the State:
  • Department of State
  • Department of Defense

3. The following government departments shall be recognized as falling under the authority of the Attorney General:
  • Department of Justice

4. The following federal agencies are hereby abolished:
  • Transportation Security Administration
  • Office of Insular Affairs
  • Millennium Challenge Corporation
  • Broadcasting Board of Governors
  • Office of Safe & Drug-free Schools
  • Legal Services Corporation
  • Federal Communications Commission
  • Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
  • Economic Development Administration
  • Neighborworks Atlasia
  • Small Business Administration
  • Office of Indian Education (to be merged with Bureau of Indian Affairs)
  • Office of the Special Trustee for Atlasian Indians (to be merged with Bureau of Indian Affairs)
  • Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (to be absorbed by Nuclear Security Administration)

I am going to be taking over sponsorship for this once Nix becomes one of the departed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2013, 06:19:28 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2013, 09:32:52 AM »

I never said to sponsor it to get it out of the queue.

I want to fast track these bills through slot five, but an Amendment cannot go into five so I wanted to put it through slot six and then get it back out again as quickly as possible so that one can be left empty for emergencies (it thus isn't delaying anything). However, the stimulus bill will be brought up soon by DemPGH into one of his slots and that would violate the clogging rule if I had four. So I had Hagrid sponsor this one instead of me.

If people cooperate, they will all be done with by next week.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2013, 08:57:32 AM »

Just a friendly warning.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2013, 04:16:27 AM »

I think he mistook this for the Northeast thread. Tongue

I know, but I figured it would be more appropriate to communicate that via PM, which I did, whilst just posting the rules in here.

Besides I don't even know if there are any statutes proscribing a penalty for such at this juncture. Don't really need them, as just the possibility is enough to cut down on the clutter fairly well.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2013, 09:55:42 AM »

On behalf of the administration-

[/quote]

I will be taking over sponsorship for this when the time comes (since it isn't that far down in the queue now especially). Even if not this particular text, I think we need to make some changes to the process in question even if we retain some form of discretion for the regions in terms of what process they use.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2013, 12:58:21 PM »

TNF, do you have a desired title for that? For right now I will put it in the Queue as TNF Drug Bill.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:01 AM »

Introduced for TyrionTheImperialist
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2013, 05:15:03 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2013, 05:19:18 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »

Recommendation From Homelycooking
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2013, 04:00:48 PM »

Introduced for the President.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2013, 06:40:13 PM »

I am withdrawing my Mental Health Care Reform Act Part II for the time being.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2013, 04:29:17 PM »

So do you want that to be Fix the Region's Take Two? IF you prefer something else for the title, let me now I will change it on the noticeboard.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:51 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies