Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2018, 08:54:43 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, Lumine)
| | |-+  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 Print
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 258161 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: November 28, 2014, 10:37:42 pm »

Improving Support for Carers Bill 2014

1. The Federal Government will create a new support supplement for those who are guardians or other-wise full-time carers for those who qualify for support under the Atlasian Social Security Act.

2. An individual will be eligible to receive a support supplement of $250 per month.

3. To be considered a full-time carer they must satisfy the following criteria;
3a. The individual must be recognised by regional and Federal authorities as a carer.
3b. The individual cannot work more than 15 hours per week

4. The supplement will be provided for by an increase in the social security levy of 0.25%

Dogma is a comfortable thing, it saves you from thought - Sir Robert Menzies
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1626 on: December 01, 2014, 05:19:03 pm »

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST SENATOR BACON KING
If the President, Vice President, or a member of the Senate does not post on in 21 the Atlas Fantasy Government board for seven consecutive days (168 hours) without posting a leave of absence an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Having failed to post a singly post in the Fantasy Government for seven consecutive days (his last post: November 24, 2014, 05:17:45 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
Baconomics 🐖
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1627 on: December 01, 2014, 09:06:21 pm »

If the President, Vice President, or a member of the Senate does not post on in 21 the Atlas Fantasy Government board for seven consecutive days (168 hours) without posting a leave of absence an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Having failed to post a singly post in the Fantasy Government for seven consecutive days (his last post: November 24, 2014, 05:17:45 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

On the contrary! This is still the seventh consecutive day and here I am posting this Smiley

The last week has been very busy for me- most notably all the Thanksgiving-related chaos- and given that I have a free day tomorrow I'll be catching up on my participation and doing my due diligence as a Senator. I didn't mean to disappear like that but I didn't realize it had been so long.

Thanks,

Bacon Kingman, Senator At Large

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1628 on: December 01, 2014, 09:38:31 pm »

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

joke constitution

King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1629 on: December 02, 2014, 03:05:57 am »

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

joke constitution
Indeed,
BK should have been instantly removed from office. I guess he will survive despite his inactivity because he's a "nice guy"

Oakvale
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1630 on: December 02, 2014, 03:53:35 am »

The law needs to reflect the reality that real life should - and always will - take priority over an election game. It's disappointing that Torie and BK forgot to post formal leaves of absences, if hardly unprecedented, but it's also ridiculous to suggest we automatically fire two extraordinarily talented public servants for,  respectively, being absent to study for the bar exam and being absent while visiting family during the holidays.

Sometimes Atlasia has to work around real life.
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1631 on: December 02, 2014, 01:11:36 pm »

The law needs to reflect the reality that real life should - and always will - take priority over an election game. It's disappointing that Torie and BK forgot to post formal leaves of absences, if hardly unprecedented, but it's also ridiculous to suggest we automatically fire two extraordinarily talented public servants for,  respectively, being absent to study for the bar exam and being absent while visiting family during the holidays.

Torie has been away for at least 2 months. When you're away for a so long period, you resign. What's the problem with that.

For Bacon King, I will expose my view in his impeachment thread.

Baconomics 🐖
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1632 on: December 02, 2014, 03:22:26 pm »

Torie has been away for at least 2 months. When you're away for a so long period, you resign. What's the problem with that.

For Bacon King, I will expose my view in his impeachment thread.

There shouldn't be an impeachment thread. My last post before my absence was on a Monday. I didn't make a post on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Only six consecutive days with no activity Smiley

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1633 on: December 02, 2014, 03:29:05 pm »

Can we not argue in this thread please?

I imagine it's up to the chief justice to decide whether to open an impeachment thread, and if he disagrees with you feel free to sue. If any of you want to continue the argument can I recommend the senate protest and analysis thread?
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1634 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:18 pm »

Can we not argue in this thread please?

I imagine it's up to the chief justice to decide whether to open an impeachment thread, and if he disagrees with you feel free to sue. If any of you want to continue the argument can I recommend the senate protest and analysis thread?
This is indeed the Chief Justice who has to do that, I think. I have already PMed bgwah

TNF
YaBB God

« Reply #1635 on: December 04, 2014, 12:09:20 pm »

Policing the Police Act of 2014

Section 1: Extant Legislation
The Police Militarization and Civil Rights Act is hereby repealed.

Section 2: Establishment of Police Oversight and Review Councils
1. Upon the passage of this legislation, any community receiving any amount of federal funding for law enforcement purposes shall establish, no later than one (1) year after the passage of this legislation, a Police Oversight and Review Council (hereafter referred to as PORC).
2. PORCs established under the framework of this legislation shall be democratic in character and shall be regularly elected by the citizens of the communities in which they are established. Elections for PORCs shall be conducted every year, with all applicable campaign finance laws applied, and all officials subject to recall. No person elected to a PORC shall be paid more than the wage of the average skilled worker in the community in which he or she resides, and no law enforcement official, retired law enforcement official, or close relative of a law enforcement official (i.e. the grandparents, parents, sibling, spouse, children, or grandchildren, or first cousin of a law enforcement official) may be a candidate in an election for a position on the PORC.
3. The PORC shall be proportionate to the number of persons in a given community, with one PORC councilor for every 25,000 residents. PORCs shall be elected at-large by open-list proportional representation, although no candidate shall be required to claim membership with a political party in order to be eligible to run for the office in question.
4. All PORC meetings shall be open to the public and shall allot time for community input, discussion, and debate. Said meetings shall be recorded and broadcast on public radio stations, public television stations, and be available for download on the Internet no less than twenty-four (24) hours after the meeting in question occurs.

Section 3: Powers of the Police Oversight and Review Councils
PORCs shall have the power to hire (with the exception of police chiefs and commissioners), promote, fire, subpoena, arrest, detain, discipline, and indict members of the police force of the community in which they reside. Police departments must comply with any and all decisions made by the PORC, and shall have no ability to appeal or undercut said decisions.

Section 4: Reform of Police Forces
1. In any community receiving federal funding for law enforcement purposes, police chiefs and commissioners shall be elected officials, subject to review or replacement by PORCs if they engage in illegal activity or recall by the members of the community that they serve. Elections shall be held for police chiefs and commissioners no later than one (1) year following the adoption of this legislation.
2. Police chiefs and commissioners shall serve one (1) year terms and shall be ineligible for re-election upon the completion of a fourth term in office. All applicable campaign finance laws shall apply in the election of a police chief or police commissioner, and no police chief or commissioner shall be paid more than the wage of the average skilled worker in the community in which he or she resides.
3. All active duty police officers in any community receiving federal funding for law enforcement purposes shall be required to wear badge cameras at all times. Said badge camera footage shall be livestreamed on the Internet, publicly accessible on the website of the PORC of the community in question, as shall all footage from dash cameras.
4. Police forces shall be barred from the purchase and/or use of all assault rifles, tanks, drones, and other military equipment. Police forces currently in possession of said military equipment shall turn it over to the Department of Internal Affairs, which shall destroy or reincorporate said equipment into use for the Republic of Atlasia Armed Forces no later than ninety (90) days after receiving it.
5. The use of lethal force by any police officer must first be approved by a democratically-elected superior (i.e. a police commissioner or police chief). Failure to gain authorization for discharging a weapon shall be considered a felony even if no one is harmed in the process.
6. Police officers are hereby exempt from all existing federal law governing the formation of labor unions and collective bargaining. Police officers do not have the right to form unions, collectively bargain, or go on strike.
7. Police officers are hereby required to be residents of the communities in which they reside. Payment for police officers shall not exceed the wage of the average skilled worker in the community they are responsible for serving.
8. No person under the age of twenty-five (25) may be considered for employment as a police officer. All members of racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, or any other bigoted group (as defined by the PORC) are hereby barred from employment as police officers. Members of said groups currently employed by police forces in communities receiving federal funds are hereby terminated and are permanently ineligible for re-hire in any law enforcement or security force within the confines of the Republic of Atlasia or any territory subject to its jurisdictional authority.
9. Police forces may not employ unmarked police cars, nor may any off-duty police officer engage in any activity that would rightfully be considered part of doing his or her job while off the clock.
10. No 'random checkpoint' may be established by police forces on any highway built or maintained with the use of federal funding for any purpose.
11. The use of 'entrapment' (i.e. a practice whereby a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit a criminal offense that the person would have otherwise been unlikely to commit) techniques by any law enforcement agency is hereby prohibited.
12. No police force shall maintain a file on any person who is not accused of a crime or who has previously been cleared or wrong-doing or who has served a sentence in relation to a previous crime committed. The monitoring of all persons by police officials that fall into the described categories shall be impermissible unless a warrant has been issued explicitly giving the officials in question the right and ability to do so.
13. No police force shall infiltrate or in any way attempt to infiltrate any political group or labor union for the express purpose of spying on, disrupting, or provoking any action by said group or labor union.

Section 5: Implementation
Unless otherwise stated herein, this legislation shall take effect upon its passage.
TNF
YaBB God

« Reply #1636 on: December 04, 2014, 01:42:50 pm »

Prison Reform Act of 2014

Section 1: Extant Legislation
1. Section 3 of the Prison Reform Act of 2013 is hereby amended to read as follows:
Section 3: Punishment
1. All non violent convicts with the exception of persons stated in section 5 shall be subject to a maximum prison sentence of two (2) years.Persons currently imprisoned on charges non-violent in nature, as well as all persons convicted of any non-violent crime hereafter shall be handled by alternative, community-based rehabilitation programs. These programs may consist of, but should not be limited to, halfway-houses, work-furlough programs, community service, electronic-monitoring, restitution, and rehabilitation programs.

2. For the purposes of this act, the term violent crimes shall include all offenses include all offenses against the person, including only those involving actual use of force by one individual or a group of individuals against one or more individuals, with the exception of coerced sexual activity, which shall, under the purposes of this act, be considered a violent crime. In addition, those activities listed in Section 5 of this Act shall be considered 'violent crimes' for the purpose of this Act.or the threat of force.

3. Persons convicted of sexual crimes or crimes against minors shall not qualify as non violent for the purposes of this act.The use of coercion (be it physical or psychological) to obtain sexual favors from another person, or engaging in sexual activity with a person not having reached sexual maturity (i.e. any person unable to engage in sexual activity that could result in pregnancy) shall be considered violent crimes for the purposes of this act.

2. Section 5 of the Prison Reform Act of 2013 is hereby amended to read as follows:

Section 5: Exceptions to Prison Term Limit Exceptions to Alternative Sentencing
1. The following non-violent crimes shall be exempt from the maximum prison sentence set in section 3: The following activities shall be considered 'violent crimes' for the purposes of this Act, and those persons currently serving time or convicted in the future of said crimes shall not be considered eligible for alternative sentencing:

Espionage or treason
Perjury before a grand jury
Major tax fraud
Monetary counterfeiting in excess of $50,000 in 2013 dollars, indexed to inflation annually Selling illegal drugs (in quantities exceeding $50,000 in 2013 dollars in value, indexed to inflation annually) or
Sellingbanned weapons
Embezzlement of sums in excess of $50,000 in 2013 dollars, indexed to inflation annually Identity theft, particularly multiple offenses Impersonation of a medical professional Impersonation of a law enforcement officer
Malfeasance in office

2. The maximum prison sentence established in section 3 shall only apply to the prison term assigned for the first offense of a particular crime.

Section 2: Reducing the Prison Population
1. No person with a diagnosed mental disorder may be imprisoned upon the passage of this legislation. All persons currently imprisoned with a diagnosed mental disorder shall be released to secure mental health treatment centers upon the passage of this legislation.
2. All prisoners aged 80 and up and those prisoners too infirm to pose a threat to society shall be released to community-based rehabilitation programs effective upon the passage of this legislation.
3. No juvenile offender shall be housed with an adult offender under any circumstances. Violent juvenile offenders shall be housed in separate prison facilities effective upon the passage of this legislation.

Section 3: Prison Conditions
1. Prison conditions are to be humane and sanitary. Prisoners shall have access to adequate heat, light, exercise facilities, clothing, and nutrition. Prisons shall provide access to education not limited to vocational training, but also including college courses, and shall provide libraries and other means by which prisoners may expand their knowledge and learn while incarcerated. Prisoners shall have the right to personal possessions so long as said possessions do not provide a means by which one prisoner may harm another; no personal possession may be seized by prison officials for any reason, except upon the suspicion that said personal possession is being used to harm another prisoner.
2. Prison officials may not discourage or penalize prisoners engaging in consensual sexual activity with one another, and shall, upon request, provide said prisoners with contraception without question and without stipulations.
3. Prisoners shall have the right to communicate with journalists, write letters, and publish their own writings without interference from prison staff.
4. The right to vote shall not be abridged on account of incarceration. Prisoners shall be allowed to cast an absentee ballot for the locality in which they originate or in which the prison they are housed in resides. Prisoners shall be counted as residents of the area in which the prison they are house in resides for the purposes of the Republic of Atlasia Census.
5. Prisoners shall have the right to form unions and collectively bargain with prison administrators over prison conditions. Said unions shall be accorded all of the rights of any other labor organization within the Republic of Atlasia and shall be formed and maintained according to those labor laws that apply to all other labor unions within the Republic of Atlasia.
6. Solitary confinement of prisoners shall be prohibited in any prison receiving federal funding, effective upon the passage of this legislation.
7. A moratorium shall be placed on the construction of any prison with the use of federal funds, effective upon the passage of this legislation.
8. Prison guards are hereby recognized as being exempt from all extant federal labor legislation. Prison guards may not form unions, collectively bargain, or strike. All prison guards shall be subject to the control of local Police Oversight and Review Councils (PORCs) in the locality in which they reside.

Section 3: Implementation
Unless otherwise stated herein, this legislation shall take effect upon its passage.
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1637 on: December 10, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »

FY 2015 Budget

REVENUE

Income Taxes (By Tax Bracket)
$35K-80K (22%):   TBD B
$80K-170K (28%): TBD
$170K-368K (35%): TBD
$368K-1M (40%):    TBD
$1M+ (60%):TBD
Income Tax Revenues:   TBD

Corporate Taxes (By Tax Bracket)
$100K-1M (10%): TBD
$1M-10M (15%): TBD
$10M+ (25%): TBD                                 
Corporate Tax Revenues:    TBD

Healthcare Taxes
Healthcare Payroll Tax (8.0%) (CSSRA Sec.4): TBD
Health Insurance Tax (ANHA Sec.2c): TBD               
Healthcare Tax Revenues:     TBD

Excise Taxes      
Gasoline Tax (20 cents/gallon):TBD
Cigarette and Tobacco Tax ($0.43/pack, plus 2% or 4% for various products)* : TBD
Alcohol Tax (various rates per unit, plus 4% tax)*: TBD
Marijuana Tax ($2/pack cigarettes plus 20% on all products)*: TBD
Firearms Tax (Firearms and Mental Health Tax of 2013): TBD
*(National Sin Tax Act, as amended, and Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act)
Excise Tax Revenues:    TBD

Carbon Taxes ($25-30/ton)
Domestic: TBD
Carbon Import Tax: TBD
Carbon Tax Revenues: $145.1 B

Financial Transaction Tax: (0.5 % on each stock and similar transactions)
Financial Tax Revenues:     $176.3 B

Estate Taxes
Estate Tax Revenues:     TBD

Special Program Taxes      
Plastic Bag Tax (Environmental Fund): TBD
Chain Business Differential Tax (SBA Fund):TBD
Oil Spill Protection Tax (5% on profits > $1B): TBD
Electrical Power Transmission Network Tax (0.65 c/kW-h): TBD
Special Program Tax Revenues:     TBD

National Broadcaster Levy
Individual (0.25% > $50K): TBD B
Corporate (0.5% > $350K):TBD B
NBL Revenues:    TBD

Miscellaneous Taxes
Customs Duties:TBD B
Other Revenue (Sales, Earnings, Fees, Etc.): TBD B
(-$1.7 B via Nat'l University and GE Reform Bill)      
Go Green Fund (Returned to general fund; Omnibus Green Energy Act):TBD B
Miscellaneous Tax Revenues:TBD

REVENUE:                  TBD      

SPENDING               

TAX CREDITS

Earned Income Tax Credit: $46.3 B
Jobs Now Act of 2012 Credits: $8.06 B
TOTAL TAX CREDITS: $54.36 B

DIRECT SPENDING

Military Spending
Military personnel: $95.0 B
Operation and maintenance: $110.06 B
Procurement: $58.76 B
Research, development, test and evaluation: $50.0 B
Military Construction, Family Housing and Other: $15.25 B
Atomic Energy Defense Activities: $18.29 B
Defense Related activities: $2.89 B
Military Spending Expenditures:     $350.25 B

Military Retirement
Military retirement: $46.5 B
Income security for veterans: $40.0 B
Veterans education, training, and rehabilitation: $18.0 B
Veterans mental health resources: $8.0 B
Hospital and medical care for veterans and retired military: $50.0 B
Housing and other veterans benefits and services: $5.0 B
Military Retirement Expenditures:     $167.50 B

International Affairs
International development and humanitarian assistance: $15.0 B
International military aid: $3.0 B
Conduct of foreign affairs: $5.0 B
Foreign information and exchange activities: $1.15 B
Central Intelligence Agency: $30.0 B
International Affairs Expenditures:     $54.15 B

General Science, Space, and Technology
National Science Foundation programs: $10.62 B
Department of Energy general science programs: $3.44 B
Space flight, research, and supporting activities   : $9.91 B
Nuclear Cleanup/Containment (Comprehensive Protection of Nuclear Power Act): $2.5 B
General Science, Space and Technology Expenditures:     $26.47 B

Non-Defense Energy Spending
Energy supply: $0.73 B
Energy conservation and preparedness: $1.03 B
Energy information, preparedness, & regulation: $0.36 B
Smart Grid development (the Smart Grid Electrical Distribution Act): $25.0 B
Coverage and Rate Protection (Electricity Fairness Act): $10.0 B
Non-Defense Energy Spending Expenditures:     $37.12 B

Natural Resources and Environment
Water resources: $5.45 B
Conservation and land management: $9.07 B
Recreational & Park resources   : $3.12 B
Pollution control and abatement: $8.42 B
Environmental Fund from plastic bag tax: $4.9 B
Other natural resources: $5.1 B
Oil Spill Protection Fund (Oil Spill Protection Act): $7.2 B
National Foresty Association (Forest Restoration Act of 2013): $0.75 B
Natural Resources and Environment Expenditures:     $43.26 B

Agriculture
Farm income stabilization & crop insurance: $11.0 B
Agricultural research and services: $3.5 B
Worker Co-operative Loan Assistance (Worker Co-operative Pilot Program): $1.0 B
Agriculture Expenditures:     $15.50 B

Commerce and Housing Loan Programs
Federal Housing Loan Programs: $-4.28 B
Postal service: $2.17 B
Deposit insurance: $-0.96 B
Universal service fund: $7.96 B
Other advancement of commerce: $1.93 B
Commerce and Housing Loan Programs Expenditures:     $6.82 B

Transportation
Highways and highway safety: $33.13 B
High speed rail (Transportation Infrastructure Investment Act): $18.0 B
Other Mass transit: $10.0 B
Railroads: $2.81 B
Coast Guard: $8.00 B
Air Transportation   : $10.0 B
Water transportation: $5.65 B
Other transportation: $0.42 B
Transportation Expenditures:     $88.01 B

Community and Regional Development
Community development: $6.25 B
Area and regional development: $8.36 B
Disaster relief and insurance: $10.15 B
Homeless Shelter Emergency Housing: $2.5 B
FEMA: $5.0 B
Community and Regional Development Expenditures:     $32.26 B

Education
Elementary, Secondary & Vocational education: $74.89 B
Higher education: $43.05 B
Research and general education: $3.39 B
Education Expenditures:     $121.33 B

Training, Labor and Unemployment
Training and employment: $10.0 B
Labor law, statistics, and other administration: $1.6 B
Unemployment Insurance (CSSRA Sec. 5): $87.2 B
Training, Labor and Unemployment Expenditures   :     $98.8 B

Atlasian National Healthcare
IDS Community Health Partnership: $246.5 B
ME Community Health Partnership: $273.1 B
MW Community Health Partnership: $122.7 B
NE Community Health Partnership: $203.4 B
PA Community Health Partnership: $180.5 B
Central Administration Costs: $22.8 B
Atlasian National Healthcare Expenditures:     $1049.0 B

Non-ANH Health Spending
Disease control, public health and bioterrorism: $4.7 B
Health research and training: $29.36 B
Food safety and occupational health and safety   : $3.01 B
Drug abuse treatment (Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act): $1.74 B
Regional Mental Health Fund (Firearms & Mental Health Act of 2013): $4.86 B
Center for Understanding and Researching the End to Cancer (CURE Cancer Act: $5.0 B
Non-ANH Health Spending Expenditures:     $43.67 B

Civilian Retirement
Civilian retirement and disability insurance: $4.89 B
Federal employee retirement and disability   : $58.22 B
Federal employees' and retired employees' health benefits: $8.91 B
Elderly Insurance (CSSRA Sec. 6): $721.4 B
Civilian Retirement Expenditures:     $793.42 B

Atlasian National Broadcaster
Infrastructure maintenance and acquisition: $2.2 B
Administrative costs: $1 B
Atlasian National Broadcaster Expenditures:     $3.2 B

Aid to Low-Income Families
Housing assistance: $67.0 B
Food stamps: $87.58 B
Other nutrition programs (WIC, school lunches): $21.0 B
Child care funds: $4.8 B
Other aid to low-income families: $2.58 B
Aid to Low-Income Families Expenditures:     $182.96 B

Public Housing Expenses (Public Housing Act)
Public Housing Capital Fund: $5.0 B
Community Development Fund: $1.0 B
Neighborhood Stabilization Program: $2.0 B
Homeless Prevention: $0.50 B
Public Housing Expenditures:     $8.50 B

General Family Support:
Foster care and adoption assistance: $8.0 B
Child support and family support programs   : $2.92 B
Social and family services: $16.14 B
General Family Support Expenditures:     $27.06 B

Administration of Justice
Federal law enforcement: $7.25 B
Border security and immigration: $7.46 B
Federal litigation and judicial activities: $7.6 B
Federal prison system: $3.26 B
Criminal justice assistance: $4.22 B
Administration of Justice Expenditures:     $29.79 B

General Government Administration
Legislative functions: $2.75 B
Executive office programs: $0.95 B
IRS & other fiscal operations: $7.6 B
Other general government: $2.0 B
General Government Administration:     $13.30 B

Interest on Debt
Net Interest: $244.73 B
Interest on Debt Expenditures:    $244.73 B

TOTAL DIRECT SPENDING:     $3439.29 B

EXPENDITURES:    TBD
SURPLUS:    TBD
Bore: could you post this comment with the bill please?
Simply, we don't have started discussing about the budget, considering this is December 10, we should start discussing about that. I have copied and pasted the lastbudget

Fmr. Pres. Griff
Adam Griffin
YaBB God
Greece

« Reply #1638 on: December 11, 2014, 06:47:05 pm »

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST PRESIDENT LUMINE

Having failed to post on the Fantasy Government for eight consecutive days (184 hours; from December 03, 2014, 08:32:09 pm to December 11, 2014, 12:14:33 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST VICE-PRESIDENT SJOYCE

Having failed to post on the Fantasy Government for nine consecutive days (224 hours; last post: December 02, 2014, 10:50:14 am), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Posts deleted for "Excessive Hyperbole". I'm turning 30 years old next month and I had to freaking google what the hell "hyperbole" was.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

P P

« Reply #1639 on: December 12, 2014, 05:51:05 pm »

I ask that a Senator sponsor this Amendment -- my changes are in bold:

The 21st Amendment

The Nineteenth Amendment is repealed, and is reintroduced as follows:

If the President, Vice President, or a member of the Senate does not post on in the Atlas Fantasy Elections Board(s) for seven consecutive days (168 hours) without posting a leave of absence an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Whenever a Justice of the Supreme Court 21 shall have failed to participate in the two consecutive rulings issued by said the aforementioned 21 court, an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Participation in a case shall be determined by whether or not the Justice in question joined, concurred, dissented or recused himself in the case thread, by individual public post, for that particular case.
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1640 on: December 12, 2014, 05:52:56 pm »

The 21st Amendment

If the President, Vice President, or a member of the Senate does not post on in the Atlas Fantasy Elections Board(s) for seven consecutive days (168 hours) without posting a leave of absence an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Whenever a Justice of the Supreme Court 21 shall have failed to participate in the two consecutive rulings issued by said the aforementioned 21 court, an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Participation in a case shall be determined by whether or not the Justice in question joined, concurred, dissented or recused himself in the case thread, by individual public post, for that particular case.
Sponsored for you

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1641 on: December 13, 2014, 08:39:00 am »

The 21st Amendment

Sponsored for you

Windjammer, can I cosponsor with you?

It's just that's the easiest way to bring to this to the floor as quickly as possible, as you have a lot of bills in the queue already.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 04:25:37 pm by Senator bore »Logged
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1642 on: December 13, 2014, 04:31:54 pm »

No problem

King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1643 on: December 13, 2014, 05:13:11 pm »

Section VI shall be added to Labor Rights Act of 2012
Section VI: Sunday Rest
1) Workers,except in case when public safety might be compromised,  shall be able  to refuse  to work on Sunday for religious reasons without the risk of being fired.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 05:13:15 pm by Mideast Senator windjammer »Logged

Baconomics 🐖
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1644 on: December 13, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »

Activity Fairness Amendment

Amendment XIX and Amendment XXI are hereby repealed.

King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1645 on: December 14, 2014, 08:21:37 am »

Abolishing an inactive office amendment
Article I Section 1 shall be amended to read:
The Senate shall be composed of ten Senators, each with a term of four months.
No Person shall be a Senator who has not attained 200 or more posts, whose account is not at least 60 days old, and is not a registered voter in the Region that they represent.
The Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia shall be the President of the Senate, but shall have no vote unless they be equally divided.
The Senate shall choose their other officers, including a Speaker who shall be the President of the Senate.

Article II Section 1 shall be amended to read:
The executive power shall be vested in the President of the Republic of Atlasia. He shall be elected with a Vice President for a term of approximately four months.
No person shall be President who has not attained 500 or more posts, whose account is not at least 180 days old, and is not a registered voter. No person ineligible to be elected to or to occupy the position of President shall be eligible to be elected to or to occupy the position of Vice President.
The President shall be Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Atlasia.
The President shall have power, with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two-thirds of the Senators concur.10
The President shall appoint the Principal Officers of the executive departments who shall constitute the Cabinet, with the advice and consent of the Senate, who shall all be registered voters. The President shall have power to dismiss any member of his Cabinet.
When vacancies shall occur on the Supreme Court, the President shall nominate a replacement with the advice and consent of the Senate.
The President shall have the power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against Atlasia, except in cases of impeachment.
The President may give a State of the Union address, and may delegate this responsibility to the Vice-President.

Article II Section 2 Clause 3 shall be amended to read:
The President and Vice President shall take office at 1200 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday in the month after their election.

Article II Section 3 shall be amended to read:
If the Presidency shall ever fall vacant
, the Vice President shall become President. If the Vice Presidency is also vacant, then
  the Secretary of External Affairs shall become President. If the office of Secretary of External Affairs is also vacant, the Attorney General shall become President. If both these offices are vacant, the Secretary of Internal Affairs shall become President. If the offices of Vice-President, Secretary of External Affairs, Attorney General and Secretary of Internal Affairs are vacant, the President pro tempore of the Senate will become President. The Senate may provide by Law for the vacancy of the Senate President pro tempore also.
If there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President, who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of the Senate.
No person shall be elected to the office of either President or Vice President more than twice consecutively.
Whenever the President transmits to the Senate President pro tempore his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President Secretary of External Affair as Acting President.
Whenever the Vice President and a two-thirds majority of the Senate signs a declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President the Secreatary of External Affair shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President. Thereafter the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office upon his declaration that he is capable of discharging the said powers and duties, or when the Senate annuls its previous declaration.
Whenever the President and a two-thirds majority of the Senate sign a declaration that the Vice President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the office of the Vice President shall immediately be deemed vacant.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
YaBB God
Chile
« Reply #1646 on: December 15, 2014, 11:40:52 pm »

FY 2015 Budget

REVENUE

Income Taxes (By Tax Bracket)
$35K-80K (22%): TBD
$80K-170K (28%): TBD
$170K-368K (35%): TBD
$368K-1M (40%): TBD
$1M+ (60%): TBD
Income Tax Revenues: TBD

Corporate Taxes (By Tax Bracket)
$100K-1M (10%): TBD
$1M-10M (15%): TBD
$10M+ (25%): TBD                                 
Corporate Tax Revenues: TBD

Healthcare Taxes
Healthcare Payroll Tax (8.0%) (CSSRA Sec.4): TBD
Health Insurance Tax (ANHA Sec.2c): TBD               
Healthcare Tax Revenues: TBD

Excise Taxes      
Gasoline Tax (20 cents/gallon): TBD
Cigarette and Tobacco Tax ($0.43/pack, plus 2% or 4% for various products)* : TBD
Alcohol Tax (various rates per unit, plus 4% tax)*: TBD
Marijuana Tax ($2/pack cigarettes plus 20% on all products)*: TBD
Firearms Tax (Firearms and Mental Health Tax of 2013): TBD
*(National Sin Tax Act, as amended, and Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act)
Excise Tax Revenues: TBD

Carbon Taxes ($25-30/ton)
Domestic: TBD
Carbon Import Tax: TBD
Carbon Tax Revenues: TBD

Financial Transaction Tax: (0.5 % on each stock and similar transactions)
Financial Tax Revenues: TBD

Estate Taxes
Estate Tax Revenues: TBD

Special Program Taxes      
Plastic Bag Tax (Environmental Fund): TBD
Chain Business Differential Tax (SBA Fund): TBD
Oil Spill Protection Tax (5% on profits > $1B): TBD
Electrical Power Transmission Network Tax (0.65 c/kW-h): TBD
Special Program Tax Revenues: TBD

National Broadcaster Levy
Individual (0.25% > $50K): TBD
Corporate (0.5% > $350K): TBD
NBL Revenues: TBD

Miscellaneous Taxes
Customs Duties: TBD
Other Revenue (Sales, Earnings, Fees, Etc.): TBD
Go Green Fund (Returned to general fund; Omnibus Green Energy Act): TBD
Miscellaneous Tax Revenues: TBD

REVENUE: TBD

SPENDING               

TAX CREDITS

Earned Income Tax Credit: $46.3 B
Jobs Now Act of 2012 Credits: $8.06 B
Total Tax Credits: $54.36 B

DIRECT SPENDING

Military Spending
Military personnel: $105.0 B
Operation and maintenance: $120.06 B
Procurement: $60.0 B
Research, development, test and evaluation: $55.0 B
Military Construction, Family Housing and Other: $15.25 B
Atomic Energy Defense Activities: $18.29 B
Defense Related activities: $4.00 B
Military Spending Expenditures:  $377.54 B

Military Retirement
Military retirement: $49.0 B
Income security for veterans: $40.0 B
Veterans education, training, and rehabilitation: $18.0 B
Veterans mental health resources: $8.0 B
Hospital and medical care for veterans and retired military: $50.0 B
Housing and other veterans benefits and services: $5.0 B
Military Retirement Expenditures: $170 B

International Affairs
International development and humanitarian assistance: $18.0 B
International military aid: $5.0 B
Conduct of foreign affairs: $6.0 B
Foreign information and exchange activities: $2.0 B
Central Intelligence Agency: $30.0 B
International Affairs Expenditures: $56.0 B

General Science, Space, and Technology
National Science Foundation programs: $11.0 B
Department of Energy general science programs: $4.5 B
Space flight, research, and supporting activities   : $15.0 B
Nuclear Cleanup/Containment (Comprehensive Protection of Nuclear Power Act): $2.5 B
General Science, Space and Technology Expenditures:   $33.0 B

Non-Defense Energy Spending
Energy supply: $1.0 B
Energy conservation and preparedness: $1.03 B
Energy information, preparedness, & regulation: $0.36 B
Smart Grid development (the Smart Grid Electrical Distribution Act): $25.0 B
Coverage and Rate Protection (Electricity Fairness Act): $10.0 B
Non-Defense Energy Spending Expenditures:   $37.12 B

Natural Resources and Environment
Water resources: $5.45 B
Conservation and land management: $9.07 B
Recreational & Park resources: $3.12 B
Pollution control and abatement: $2 B
Environmental Fund from plastic bag tax: $4.9 B
Other natural resources: $5.1 B
Oil Spill Protection Fund (Oil Spill Protection Act): $7.2 B
National Foresty Association (Forest Restoration Act of 2013): $0.75 B
Natural Resources and Environment Expenditures:  $43.94 B

Agriculture
Farm income stabilization & crop insurance: $11.0 B
Agricultural research and services: $3.5 B
Worker Co-operative Loan Assistance (Worker Co-operative Pilot Program): $1.0 B
Agriculture Expenditures:     $15.50 B

Commerce and Housing Loan Programs
Federal Housing Loan Programs: $-4.28 B
Postal service: $2.17 B
Deposit insurance: $-0.96 B
Universal service fund: $7.96 B
Other advancement of commerce: $1.93 B
Commerce and Housing Loan Programs Expenditures:  $6.82 B

Transportation
Highways and highway safety: $31.13 B
High speed rail (Transportation Infrastructure Investment Act): $18.0 B
Other Mass transit: $9.0 B
Railroads: $2.81 B
Coast Guard:  $8.00 B
Air Transportation: $10.0 B
Water transportation: $5.65 B
Other transportation: $0.42 B
Transportation Expenditures: $85.01 B

Community and Regional Development
Community development: $6.25 B
Area and regional development: $8.36 B
Disaster relief and insurance: $10.15 B
Homeless Shelter Emergency Housing: $2.5 B
FEMA: $5.0 B
Community and Regional Development Expenditures: $32.26 B

Education
Elementary, Secondary & Vocational education: $71.89 B
Higher education: $41.05 B
Research and general education: $3.39 B
The Duke-Scott Educating the People Reform: $ B

Education Expenditures: $116.33 B

Training, Labor and Unemployment
Training and employment: $8.0 B
Labor law, statistics, and other administration: $1.6 B
Unemployment Insurance (CSSRA Sec. 5): $87.2 B
Training, Labor and Unemployment Expenditures: $96.8 B

Atlasian National Healthcare
IDS Community Health Partnership: $ B
ME Community Health Partnership: $ B
MW Community Health Partnership: $ B
NE Community Health Partnership: $ B
PA Community Health Partnership: $ B
Central Administration Costs: $ B
Atlasian National Healthcare Expenditures: $ B

Non-ANH Health Spending
Disease control, public health and bioterrorism: $4.7 B
Health research and training: $29.36 B
Food safety and occupational health and safety   : $3.01 B
Drug abuse treatment (Consolidated Marijuana Regulation Act): $1.74 B
Regional Mental Health Fund (Firearms & Mental Health Act of 2013): $4.86 B
Center for Understanding and Researching the End to Cancer (CURE Cancer Act: $5.0 B
Non-ANH Health Spending Expenditures: $43.67 B

Civilian Retirement
Civilian retirement and disability insurance: $4.89 B
Federal employee retirement and disability   : $58.22 B
Federal employees' and retired employees' health benefits: $8.91 B
Elderly Insurance (CSSRA Sec. 6): $721.4 B
Civilian Retirement Expenditures:     $793.42 B

Atlasian National Broadcaster
Infrastructure maintenance and acquisition: $2.2 B
Administrative costs: $1 B
Atlasian National Broadcaster Expenditures:     $3.2 B

Aid to Low-Income Families
Housing assistance: $65.0 B
Food stamps: $85.58 B
Other nutrition programs (WIC, school lunches): $21.0 B
Child care funds: $4.8 B
Other aid to low-income families: $2.58 B
Aid to Low-Income Families Expenditures:     $182.96 B

Public Housing Expenses (Public Housing Act)
Public Housing Capital Fund: $5.0 B
Community Development Fund: $1.0 B
Neighborhood Stabilization Program: $2.0 B
Homeless Prevention: $0.50 B
Public Housing Expenditures:     $8.50 B

General Family Support:
Foster care and adoption assistance: $8.0 B
Child support and family support programs   : $2.92 B
Social and family services: $16.14 B
General Family Support Expenditures:     $27.06 B

Administration of Justice
Federal law enforcement: $7.25 B
Border security and immigration: $7.46 B
Federal litigation and judicial activities: $7.6 B
Federal prison system: $3.26 B
Criminal justice assistance: $4.22 B
Administration of Justice Expenditures:     $29.79 B

General Government Administration
Legislative functions: $2.75 B
Executive office programs: $0.95 B
IRS & other fiscal operations: $7.6 B
Other general government: $2.0 B
General Government Administration:     $13.30 B

Interest on Debt
Net Interest: TBD
Interest on Debt Expenditures:   TBD

TOTAL DIRECT SPENDING:     $TBD

EXPENDITURES:    TBD
SURPLUS:    TBD

Interested on a US-Based Parliamentary game?

Try "The Great Experiment": https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=295128.0
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1647 on: December 16, 2014, 02:28:44 am »

I withdraw my fformer budget proposal and I sponsor lumine s bill.

#IAintAfraidOfNoGoats
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1648 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:00 pm »

Section VI shall be added to Labor Rights Act of 2012
Section VI: Sunday Rest
1) Workers,except in case when public safety might be compromised.   shall be able  to refuse  to work on Sunday for religious reasons without the risk of being fired.

I will co-sponsor this for the remainder of my term.

President
Ted Cruz

House/Senate Races
Marlin Stutzman (Indiana GOP Senate Primary)
Jim Banks (GOP/IN-3)
Trey Hollingsworth (GOP/IN-9)
Tom Massie (GOP/KY-4)
David Brat (GOP/VA-7)
Tim Tebow (GOP/FL-4) (if he chooses to run)
Dan Bongino (GOP/FL-19)
King Louis XVI
windjammer
YaBB God
France

« Reply #1649 on: December 19, 2014, 11:35:46 am »

I approve JCL's cosponsorship.

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 Print