Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 311110 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: December 01, 2014, 05:19:03 PM »

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST SENATOR BACON KING
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Having failed to post a singly post in the Fantasy Government for seven consecutive days (his last post: November 24, 2014, 05:17:45 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1626 on: December 01, 2014, 09:06:21 PM »

Having failed to post a singly post in the Fantasy Government for seven consecutive days (his last post: November 24, 2014, 05:17:45 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

On the contrary! This is still the seventh consecutive day and here I am posting this Smiley

The last week has been very busy for me- most notably all the Thanksgiving-related chaos- and given that I have a free day tomorrow I'll be catching up on my participation and doing my due diligence as a Senator. I didn't mean to disappear like that but I didn't realize it had been so long.

Thanks,

Bacon Kingman, Senator At Large
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1627 on: December 01, 2014, 09:38:31 PM »

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

joke constitution
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1628 on: December 02, 2014, 03:05:57 AM »

Best regards,
Senator Windjammer

joke constitution
Indeed,
BK should have been instantly removed from office. I guess he will survive despite his inactivity because he's a "nice guy"
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1629 on: December 02, 2014, 03:53:35 AM »

The law needs to reflect the reality that real life should - and always will - take priority over an election game. It's disappointing that Torie and BK forgot to post formal leaves of absences, if hardly unprecedented, but it's also ridiculous to suggest we automatically fire two extraordinarily talented public servants for,  respectively, being absent to study for the bar exam and being absent while visiting family during the holidays.

Sometimes Atlasia has to work around real life.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1630 on: December 02, 2014, 01:11:36 PM »

The law needs to reflect the reality that real life should - and always will - take priority over an election game. It's disappointing that Torie and BK forgot to post formal leaves of absences, if hardly unprecedented, but it's also ridiculous to suggest we automatically fire two extraordinarily talented public servants for,  respectively, being absent to study for the bar exam and being absent while visiting family during the holidays.

Torie has been away for at least 2 months. When you're away for a so long period, you resign. What's the problem with that.

For Bacon King, I will expose my view in his impeachment thread.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1631 on: December 02, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »

Torie has been away for at least 2 months. When you're away for a so long period, you resign. What's the problem with that.

For Bacon King, I will expose my view in his impeachment thread.

There shouldn't be an impeachment thread. My last post before my absence was on a Monday. I didn't make a post on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Only six consecutive days with no activity Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1632 on: December 02, 2014, 03:29:05 PM »

Can we not argue in this thread please?

I imagine it's up to the chief justice to decide whether to open an impeachment thread, and if he disagrees with you feel free to sue. If any of you want to continue the argument can I recommend the senate protest and analysis thread?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1633 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »

Can we not argue in this thread please?

I imagine it's up to the chief justice to decide whether to open an impeachment thread, and if he disagrees with you feel free to sue. If any of you want to continue the argument can I recommend the senate protest and analysis thread?
This is indeed the Chief Justice who has to do that, I think. I have already PMed bgwah
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1634 on: December 04, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1635 on: December 04, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »

2. Section 5 of the Prison Reform Act of 2013 is hereby amended to read as follows:

Section 2: Reducing the Prison Population
1. No person with a diagnosed mental disorder may be imprisoned upon the passage of this legislation. All persons currently imprisoned with a diagnosed mental disorder shall be released to secure mental health treatment centers upon the passage of this legislation.
2. All prisoners aged 80 and up and those prisoners too infirm to pose a threat to society shall be released to community-based rehabilitation programs effective upon the passage of this legislation.
3. No juvenile offender shall be housed with an adult offender under any circumstances. Violent juvenile offenders shall be housed in separate prison facilities effective upon the passage of this legislation.

Section 3: Prison Conditions
1. Prison conditions are to be humane and sanitary. Prisoners shall have access to adequate heat, light, exercise facilities, clothing, and nutrition. Prisons shall provide access to education not limited to vocational training, but also including college courses, and shall provide libraries and other means by which prisoners may expand their knowledge and learn while incarcerated. Prisoners shall have the right to personal possessions so long as said possessions do not provide a means by which one prisoner may harm another; no personal possession may be seized by prison officials for any reason, except upon the suspicion that said personal possession is being used to harm another prisoner.
2. Prison officials may not discourage or penalize prisoners engaging in consensual sexual activity with one another, and shall, upon request, provide said prisoners with contraception without question and without stipulations.
3. Prisoners shall have the right to communicate with journalists, write letters, and publish their own writings without interference from prison staff.
4. The right to vote shall not be abridged on account of incarceration. Prisoners shall be allowed to cast an absentee ballot for the locality in which they originate or in which the prison they are housed in resides. Prisoners shall be counted as residents of the area in which the prison they are house in resides for the purposes of the Republic of Atlasia Census.
5. Prisoners shall have the right to form unions and collectively bargain with prison administrators over prison conditions. Said unions shall be accorded all of the rights of any other labor organization within the Republic of Atlasia and shall be formed and maintained according to those labor laws that apply to all other labor unions within the Republic of Atlasia.
6. Solitary confinement of prisoners shall be prohibited in any prison receiving federal funding, effective upon the passage of this legislation.
7. A moratorium shall be placed on the construction of any prison with the use of federal funds, effective upon the passage of this legislation.
8. Prison guards are hereby recognized as being exempt from all extant federal labor legislation. Prison guards may not form unions, collectively bargain, or strike. All prison guards shall be subject to the control of local Police Oversight and Review Councils (PORCs) in the locality in which they reside.

Section 3: Implementation
Unless otherwise stated herein, this legislation shall take effect upon its passage.[/quote]
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1636 on: December 10, 2014, 04:17:56 PM »

Bore: could you post this comment with the bill please?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1637 on: December 11, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST PRESIDENT LUMINE

Having failed to post on the Fantasy Government for eight consecutive days (184 hours; from December 03, 2014, 08:32:09 pm to December 11, 2014, 12:14:33 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST VICE-PRESIDENT SJOYCE

Having failed to post on the Fantasy Government for nine consecutive days (224 hours; last post: December 02, 2014, 10:50:14 am), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #1638 on: December 12, 2014, 05:51:05 PM »

I ask that a Senator sponsor this Amendment -- my changes are in bold:

[quote]

The 21st Amendment

The Nineteenth Amendment is repealed, and is reintroduced as follows:

If the President, Vice President, or a member of the Senate does not post on in the Atlas Fantasy Elections Board(s) for seven consecutive days (168 hours) without posting a leave of absence an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Whenever a Justice of the Supreme Court 21 shall have failed to participate in the two consecutive rulings issued by said the aforementioned 21 court, an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Participation in a case shall be determined by whether or not the Justice in question joined, concurred, dissented or recused himself in the case thread, by individual public post, for that particular case.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1639 on: December 12, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »

Sponsored for you
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1640 on: December 13, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2014, 04:25:37 PM by Senator bore »

Sponsored for you

Windjammer, can I cosponsor with you?

It's just that's the easiest way to bring to this to the floor as quickly as possible, as you have a lot of bills in the queue already.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1641 on: December 13, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »

No problem
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1642 on: December 13, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2014, 05:13:15 PM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

[/quote]
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1643 on: December 13, 2014, 06:23:19 PM »

Activity Fairness Amendment

Amendment XIX and Amendment XXI are hereby repealed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1644 on: December 14, 2014, 08:21:37 AM »

Article II Section 1 shall be amended to read:

Article II Section 2 Clause 3 shall be amended to read:

Article II Section 3 shall be amended to read:
  the Secretary of External Affairs shall become President. If the office of Secretary of External Affairs is also vacant, the Attorney General shall become President. If both these offices are vacant, the Secretary of Internal Affairs shall become President. If the offices of Vice-President, Secretary of External Affairs, Attorney General and Secretary of Internal Affairs are vacant, the President pro tempore of the Senate will become President. The Senate may provide by Law for the vacancy of the Senate President pro tempore also.
If there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President, who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of the Senate.
No person shall be elected to the office of either President or Vice President more than twice consecutively.
Whenever the President transmits to the Senate President pro tempore his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President Secretary of External Affair as Acting President.
Whenever the Vice President and a two-thirds majority of the Senate signs a declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President the Secreatary of External Affair shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President. Thereafter the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office upon his declaration that he is capable of discharging the said powers and duties, or when the Senate annuls its previous declaration.
Whenever the President and a two-thirds majority of the Senate sign a declaration that the Vice President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the office of the Vice President shall immediately be deemed vacant.[/quote][/quote]
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1645 on: December 15, 2014, 11:40:52 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1646 on: December 16, 2014, 02:28:44 AM »

I withdraw my fformer budget proposal and I sponsor lumine s bill.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1647 on: December 17, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »

[/quote]

I will co-sponsor this for the remainder of my term.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1648 on: December 19, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »

I approve JCL's cosponsorship.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1649 on: December 20, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies