Why cant Hillary win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:16:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why cant Hillary win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why cant Hillary win?  (Read 6659 times)
Max

« on: May 09, 2006, 10:23:27 AM »

Approval ratings don't translate into votes, especially against undefined competitors.

Absolutely. You give approval if you like someone, but you vote for someone if you think he'd make a good President.

I think being a woman, a liberal, a New Yorker and a Clinton is to much to get the moderate votes that decide elections.

@In The Land of the Insane: Is Arkansas that red? I always thought of Arkansas to be the most Democratic state in the South?
Max

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 12:52:36 PM »

Hillary has no blue collar appeal whatsoever. Zip. Zilch Zero. Bill on the other hand did. That's why Bill won, and Hill ran 5-6% behind Gore in New York despite Bush on the ticket. 

Hillary loses Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Iowa, New Hampshire, Arkansas, and maybe Minnesota.

Does "blue collar" mean something like working class?
Max

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:08:55 AM »

The term "blue collar" is an English idiom that refers to people working in jobs that require manual labor - the term is derived from the blue color of the collar of work clothing.  Its opposite is "white collar", which refers to people working in jobs that are not labor-intensive, such as lawyers, bankers, etc.  "Blue collar" workers tend not to make nearly as much money as "white collar" workers, and as such, the terms are also used to refer simply to lower class and upper class people, respectively.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Smiley

Thanks for your explanation, I never heard of this term before.

And thanks to all of you who welcome me so friendly to the forum!

@Lewis Trondheim: Schön, hier auf einen "Landsmann" zu treffen!
Max

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 03:02:43 AM »

I should think her gender may have a lot to do with it.  Many Americans are wary of electing a female president.  And not only is Hillary a woman, but to many people she gives off the impression of a feminist, which is also very unsettling.

True. That's why I just can't see Hillary winning Arkansas. I can't see her win any state Kerry lost.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies