Why cant Hillary win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why cant Hillary win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why cant Hillary win?  (Read 6689 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: May 09, 2006, 04:11:44 PM »

Except Arkansas those are all poor numbers, all, except Arkansas and Oregon, are below Kerry's result. (and New York but that's a home state). In fact, for a senator to not get more than the basic party line in her state is pretty bad.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:57 AM »

Bush dragged the ticket down in NY as Gore got 60% there. Reverse Coattails are common when it's a 10%+ win/loss.

I don't understand your argument.  If Bush is unpopular in NY, then why is it a surprise that he does worse in NY vs. Gore than Lazio does vs. HRC?  Isn't that exactly what one would expect?  Why does that reflect badly on HRC?

I'm just saying in a bad republican year in NY, she should have gotten more than 55 or 56% considering Bill's popularity, and the support for feminists and rich celebrity liberals there.

I think it's fairly clear. A popular politician should be able to have broader appeal than just the party base (which for Democrats in NY is about 60%). Hillary got only 56% and doesn't look to get more than about 60% this time. Compare that to out-spoken liberal Chuck Schumer who got 71% in 2004, also with Bush on the ticket.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies