Casey (D) with Lead over Incumbent Santorum (R) in Pennsylvania
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:29:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Casey (D) with Lead over Incumbent Santorum (R) in Pennsylvania
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Casey (D) with Lead over Incumbent Santorum (R) in Pennsylvania  (Read 1562 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2006, 07:35:55 AM »

New Poll: Pennsylvania Senator by Strategic Vision on 2006-05-07

Summary: D: 49%, R: 41%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 01:58:19 PM »

Santorum's halved his disadvantage.  When do people start agreeing with me (and Mitty) on this one?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 01:59:48 PM »

Santorum's halved his disadvantage.  When do people start agreeing with me (and Mitty) on this one?

When Santorum starts leading?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 02:02:37 PM »

I was just about to post this. I think it's now fair to say that the margin of Santorum's deficit is six-eight points. Yes, he's starting to comeback but Casey is still more likely to win at this point. Who knows what November holds.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 12:08:38 PM »

And he's still down 13 in Quinnipiac.

Besides, this "trend" logic is the same thing that had that electoral site having Kerry win Utah in their electoral projection. A candidate is not going to consistently rise at the same rate the entire race.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:26:55 PM »

Actually, the perception about PA is based largely on the two college polls that should probably be thrown out. Strategic Vision has Santorum +2 compared to last poll, Quinnipac has him -2. We'll see what Rasmussen says first, but is isn't a given that Santorum is gaining yet.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 02:38:19 PM »

Actually, the perception about PA is based largely on the two college polls that should probably be thrown out. Strategic Vision has Santorum +2 compared to last poll, Quinnipac has him -2. We'll see what Rasmussen says first, but is isn't a given that Santorum is gaining yet.

Eh, Quinnipiac is a college poll also, but one that seems to get more street cred around here (though their 2004 numbers in PA were much like their's in NJ, i.e., all over the map).

Fact is, Pennsylvania is a state which polls normally and where most polls (even Zogby, not Interactive) should be trusted.  Also a range of 6% and 13% is well within the MOE of itself and would place the race at somewhere between +9% and +10%, which feels right to me.

Anyway, let's just wait until Mason-Dixon polls here again.  I'd even take SUSA in this case (though their results are much more volatile).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »

Eh, Quinnipiac is a college poll also, but one that seems to get more street cred around here (though their 2004 numbers in PA were much like their's in NJ, i.e., all over the map).

Fact is, Pennsylvania is a state which polls normally and where most polls (even Zogby, not Interactive) should be trusted.  Also a range of 6% and 13% is well within the MOE of itself and would place the race at somewhere between +9% and +10%, which feels right to me.

Anyway, let's just wait until Mason-Dixon polls here again.  I'd even take SUSA in this case (though their results are much more volatile).

First off, Quinnipac has been verified by the Great Vorlon as not the same trash as other Uni polls.

Secondly, unless a poll is really, really bad you can always use it for trend analysis, which is what I was doing.

Now, it's obvious that Santorum has gained compared to when he was down by 15%, but I'm not sure he's pulling away from 10% towards 6% yet.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies