Joe smells Wes' Blood
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:51:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Joe smells Wes' Blood
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Joe smells Wes' Blood  (Read 4716 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:38:19 PM »

http://drudgereport.com/flashjl.htm

LIEBERMAN STATEMENT ON CLARK IRAQ TESTIMONY

MANCHESTER, NH -- Joe Lieberman issued the following statement in response to the Drudge Report's discovery of congressional testimony from September 2002 in which Wes Clark made the case for war in Iraq. The report provides evidence directly contradicting Clark's repeated claims that he has been "very consistent" on the war "from the very beginning."

Statement by Joe Lieberman

"Yesterday, Wesley Clark attacked me for pointing out his multiple positions on the war in Iraq. It is no longer credible for Wesley Clark to assert that he has always had only one position on the war - being against it. His own testimony before Congress shows otherwise.

"He may think it is 'old-style politics' to point this out, but the only thing old here is a candidate not leveling with the American people. If we want to begin anew and replace George Bush, we need to level with the American people, which is what I have done in this campaign and throughout my career. You may not always agree with me but you will always know where I stand."

#

Yesterday on Good Morning America, Host Charlie Gibson told Wes Clark that "Joe Lieberman [is] saying Wes Clark had six different positions on the war."

Clark responded, "Well, has he ever named the six different positions, Charlie? I meant that's just -- that's old-style politics. You can go back to my record. I've even been on your show - while I couldn't t when I was on CNN. But, I was consistently against this since the guys from the pentagon told me two weeks after 9/11 we were attacking Iraq. It didn't make any sense to me. And I have been very, very consistent on this. This was a war we didn't have to fight. It was an elective war. I have said it at almost every opportunity."

END

TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 03:44:24 PM »

Oh man this is interesting stuff dare I say entertaining.

This goes to proove Joe needs a boost and needs it now.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 03:45:19 PM »

get em Joe!  great attack dog!  He is alone up there in NH slugging it out with Clark too.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 04:01:54 PM »

Does Clark have a brain?HuhHuh?

Why is he doing this, if it doesn't kill him completely, I will give up on American politics altogether. He seems completely lost.
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 04:04:38 PM »

That's because, well, he is.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 04:07:19 PM »

This is possibly one of the stupidest thing ever. What is the dummest thing a politician has done, and got away with? I have a strong candidate in my own PM, but if Clark survives this, it might be better... Smiley
jravnsbo

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 04:10:12 PM »

but even with this if Clark survives the primary ( unlikely) it will be harder for himin the general election to challenge Bush.

as I said once before Bush has all his skeletons out there, no oct surprise this time for him, but all dems MAY have something yet unfound.  IMO I wish Bush could hire Gephardt's research team they have found great stuff on dean.

This is possibly one of the stupidest thing ever. What is the dummest thing a politician has done, and got away with? I have a strong candidate in my own PM, but if Clark survives this, it might be better... Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 04:11:11 PM »

Clark will not win, he cannot win after this. It's just a little too much, even for a politician. I THINK...

but even with this if Clark survives the primary ( unlikely) it will be harder for himin the general election to challenge Bush.

as I said once before Bush has all his skeletons out there, no oct surprise this time for him, but all dems MAY have something yet unfound.  IMO I wish Bush could hire Gephardt's research team they have found great stuff on dean.

Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2004, 04:19:33 PM »

The most consistent Dem candidate, the one most representative of the thinking of the American people and of the electable Clinton ideology (though far more hawkish than Clinton) is JOE.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2004, 04:21:24 PM »

The most consistent Dem candidate, the one most representative of the thinking of the American people and of the electable Clinton ideology (though far more hawkish than Clinton) is JOE.

Good to see that Lieberman has a supporter... Wink

I am afraid he doesn't stand a chance in the primary though, even if he is the most electable Dem candidate. The only one who can still challenge Dean will be whoever gets a break in Iowa and can follow it up in NH. And Lieberman dosn't lool like that guy.
Mort from NewYawk
MortfromNewYawk

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2004, 04:32:37 PM »

Good to see that Lieberman has a supporter... ;)

I am afraid he doesn't stand a chance in the primary though, even if he is the most electable Dem candidate. The only one who can still challenge Dean will be whoever gets a break in Iowa and can follow it up in NH. And Lieberman dosn't lool like that guy.
Joe's moving up in the NH polls, and he's had extra time to stump there. He really is a NH kind of guy (non-phony, with a dry wit) who comes across better in person.

By the time these guys get done slugging it out in IA and get over to NH, Joe may have some hard support to build on there.

One thing we should know by now, it ain't over 'til it's over.
jravnsbo

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 04:34:19 PM »

well of the current dem field if I had to pick one it would be Lieberman to be prez.  

Joe's moving up in the NH polls, and he's had extra time to stump there. He really is a NH kind of guy (non-phony, with a dry wit) who comes across better in person.

By the time these guys get done slugging it out in IA and get over to NH, Joe may have some hard support to build on there.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2004, 04:35:30 PM »

You're right on that, and I do hope Lieberman will improve. Maybe he will have more of a chance if the fields narrow some, Clark might be going down now, and if Gephardt performs badly in IA he might follow suit. Then people will have to look for a new STOP-Dean candidate, and Lieberman might pick up support.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2004, 04:44:43 PM »

This is JMF's FOURTH thread started based on news obtained through the drudge.  he's at it today!
jravnsbo

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 04:54:59 PM »

tough day to be a dem I guess

This is JMF's FOURTH thread started based on news obtained through the drudge.  he's at it today!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2004, 04:56:08 PM »

tough day to be a dem I guess

JMF has been drinking cold coffee and eating stale donuts while refreshing drudge every 60 seconds...sad, really.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 05:00:31 PM »

Hey, it would have been FIVE but I chose not to post Drudge’s picture of Dean’s butt-ugly wife.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 05:01:29 PM »

Hey, it would have been FIVE but I chose not to post Drudge’s picture of Dean’s butt-ugly wife.
That's a nice response.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 05:02:27 PM »

How thoughtful of you... Wink
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 05:38:51 PM »

That's a nice response.

You have to let that raga drop, Drudge is your pal.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 05:46:18 PM »

JMF and his drudge and his cold coffee.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies