Yet another reason why Killary won't win in 2008
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:06:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Yet another reason why Killary won't win in 2008
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Yet another reason why Killary won't win in 2008  (Read 4613 times)
zorkpolitics
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 03:00:18 PM »

Clinton grumbled that today's youths "think they're entitled to go right to the top with $50,000 or $75,000 jobs when they have not done anything to earn their way up."

I tend to agree some young people start off with a sense of entitlement beyond what they have demonstrated as their worth, but I have a few problems with Hilary’s statements:

1) Does she advocate everyone work at minimum wage until they 'earn' the right to higher pay?
2) Does she think 4-8 yrs of college, getting good grades, doing internships, doing community service is 'not doing anything' to earn a starting salary?
3) Is she opposed to capitalism, which sets wages based on supply and demand?  Does she favor a government setting starting salaries?
4) Does she really think $50,000, or even $100,000, is the ‘top’?
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 03:01:30 PM »

This is just Hillary pandering to the right-wingers again.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »

Friggin baby boomer! She's like all the rest of them, they think they are God's gift to humanity.

You're just figuring this out....Tongue

Tactically speaking, it's a decent choice.  In politics  you can never go wrong pandering to the elderly or the baby boomers - now convienently in the same group.

That said,  work is a four letter word ending in k.  Even people who love their jobs will make little jokes like these.

And most gen Yer's I've met (if there really is such a thing as 'generations' within the general population - but that's a different rant), are far more sensible and realistic than the self-absorbed 'boomers'.

Contrary to the age old rant, 'kids today' seem far better behaved  than 'kids back then'.  Just don't let it go to your heads. Tongue.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 04:11:32 PM »

Friggin baby boomer! She's like all the rest of them, they think they are God's gift to humanity.

Tactically speaking, it's a decent choice.  In politics  you can never go wrong pandering to the elderly or the baby boomers - now convienently in the same group.

That said,  work is a four letter word ending in k.  Even people who love their jobs will make little jokes like these.

And most gen Yer's I've met (if there really is such a thing as 'generations' within the general population - but that's a different rant), are far more sensible and realistic than the self-absorbed 'boomers'.

Contrary to the age old rant, 'kids today' seem far better behaved  than 'kids back then'.  Just don't let it go to your heads. Tongue.

I agree very much with what you are saying.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 08:19:08 AM »

Chelsea corrects her mummy.

"Sen. Clinton Apologizes for Work Remarks"

After telling an audience that young people today "think work is a four-letter word," Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said she apologized to her daughter.

"I said, 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to convey the impression that you don't work hard,'" Clinton said Sunday in a commencement address at Long Island University. "I just want to set the bar high, because we are in a competition for the future."

Clinton spoke to more than 2,000 graduates days after she criticized young people at a gathering of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington. In those remarks, she said young people have a sense of entitlement after growing up in a "culture that has a premium on instant gratification."

The senator said that her daughter, Chelsea, phoned to complain after learning about the comments. The 26-year-old was hired in 2003 by McKinsey & Co. as a consultant, reportedly for a six-figure salary. She received a master's degree from Oxford University after graduating from Stanford University in 2001.

"She called and she said, 'Mom, I do work hard and my friends work hard,'" Clinton said Sunday.

New York's junior senator, who is up for re-election this year, also told the graduates she plans to introduce a bill that would help college students manage and repay their loans. The proposal would limit loan payments to a certain percentage of their incomes, she said.

TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 08:40:15 AM »

No, I've known it all along; I'm just now posting it here. Tongue
MissCatholic

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 10:55:46 AM »

There is nothing wrong with what Hillary said. She is one of the few politicians maybe the only politician to really talk correctly about the young generation. Todays kids want everything now. they want to sit infront of a computer rape women shot people in the head. reading books are now viewed as boring.

society is on the verge of collapse and this is the fault of extreme copnservatism that has propelled extreme liberalism. hillary is right to point out that we need more moderate views to make society better.

So no more bible bashing freak shows restricting anything that makes you smile and no more far lefties ensuring that we can do anything that we want when we want.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies