My change of alliances (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:21:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  My change of alliances (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My change of alliances  (Read 11121 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: January 15, 2004, 05:14:44 PM »

It looks like you're in the same dilemma as me. As I said before, my head says Edwards but my heart says Dean.

I am all for Edwards, I like the guy.  
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 05:21:28 PM »

Forgive my ignorance - what does ROFL stand for?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 05:46:32 PM »

thanks... i had a picture of a lapel pin..but it was too big.. so i took the bumper sticker... im trying to find a smaller one.. glad to see that you changed from dean to edwards... i like edwards hes a good guy.. hes my number 2 candidate

YOU REALLY FINALLY DID IT! Congatulations! Smiley Smiley Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 06:03:49 PM »

I thought that you're left liberal Miamiu? Doesn't Edwards be too conservative for you?

I also like him. Very charismatic guy and makes Bush seems like old man. Also as a vice president candidate...Edwards vs. Cheney. Edwards would increase to young voters and (with his looks) women support to Democrats. It's pretty  surprising that he is already 50. Looks younger. Personally I believe that Bush won in 2000 because he was more handsome than Gore (So ladies told) It was tight race. There are lot of people who don't understand anything about politics and go to vote nevertheless. I think that there was these few thousand voters in Florida who decided it in that way. Of cource there was several and several groups who decided to vote for bush for several other reasons. Beautycontest-thing was only one.

That's an interesting theory...might well have been true of Kennedy in 1960.

MaimiU is not that far to the left, at least that's what he told us during the election campaign. Btw, Finn, why don't you register to vote in the forum-elections? We need every vote we can get, and we are allowed! Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 06:02:49 AM »

I have changed my alliance from Dean to edwards, but will support Dean if Edwards falters in Iowa.

I like Edwards too. I will vote for Clark in Michigan's Primary, but my second choice would be Edwards. Thinking of it, Edwards reminds me of Kennedy, of course, but also of Dan Quale in a way, since Quale was a young Senator too, and Edwards is young and a junior Senator.

Have you read about Clark's flip-flops on Iraq? And also, what's this I hear about his abortion stands, they seemed a little extreme, but I haven't understood it all yet.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 04:21:02 PM »

Yeah, who is that? Good point, btw, Al, the nice guy image is a valuable asset and is one of the things that pushed me towards Edwards.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 04:26:33 PM »

The Premier of Saskatchwan (NDP) .
He was re-elected last year, despite trailing the Saskatchwan Party by 7% at the start of the election.
One reason for this was that he was seen as "a nice guy", while his opponent was seen as a slippery political operative.

Yes, looking professional is always bad. That's what happened in Sweden in the greatest political upset in our history last year.

Btw, RP, don't assume that we know all these obscure politicians that you know about...coz we don't! Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 04:28:54 PM »

i care if hes a ncie guy. i want my president to have a good personality.Thats something that people like Gephardt lack, Edwards seems genuine.

That's right! What about Kerry then? Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004, 04:40:18 PM »

i care if hes a ncie guy. i want my president to have a good personality.Thats something that people like Gephardt lack, Edwards seems genuine.

That's right! What about Kerry then? Wink
If you want a likeable candidate, Kerry ain't your guy.

He has a big Kerry poster on his posts, so I thought it was reasonable to ask... Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 04:58:19 PM »

there is others things that i look for in a candidate besides just that, i feel that Kerry is the best qualified,  he might not have the best personality but it suits me good enough... hes the most electable...to the personality if its extreme loser like gephardt well then defiantly not

OK, then. Is Kerry really the most electable? I thought Edwards would definitely hold that position.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 05:48:18 PM »

im sorry gustaf i meant to me... yes edwards is very electable probably more then kerry in general... but i dont understand y edwards isnt seeking reelection for senate or a poss VP run...

Ah, I get it. That's another way of looking at it, I suppose. What I hear of Edwards is that he wouldn't win reelection, so that wasn't an option, and he can't say he wants to be VP, his chances for that might actually improve if he manages a good campaign now.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 01:05:06 PM »

I too have changed to Edwards. I found Dean's 'speech' a little embarrasing!

English - if you register before 3 p.m. Eastern time, you can participate in the Atlas Forum Fantasy election and help Nym90 to win. All you have to do is scroll down to the right board and post at the "important voter registration" thread. I don't think you will catch this in time, but I hope you do. We need every vote we can get...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 01:09:29 PM »

So will you support Bush over Clark?

He's not sure. Or at least, that's what he just said in his post!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies