rick santorum should hire james carville and paul begala...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:16:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  rick santorum should hire james carville and paul begala...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: rick santorum should hire james carville and paul begala...  (Read 1448 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:48:20 PM »

...after all, in 1986 while running casey sr.'s campaign for governor, carville and begala designed a commercial against casey's opponent, then lt. governor william scranton III, in which the tag line went something like, 'we gave him a job (lt gov) because of his daddy's last name'

scranton was ridiculed by the casey camp for being a bumbling elitist living off a famous name.

also, i wonder if little casey has used any illegal drugs in his youth?  big casey alluded to scranton's alleged drug use in his past.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:06:18 PM »

Got a better idea.

All he needs to do is oppose amnesty for illegal aliens, and get casey to support it.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:11:54 AM »

Got a better idea.

All he needs to do is oppose amnesty for illegal aliens, and get casey to support it.

Right, because we all know the #1 issue there is those hordes and hordes of illegal aliens pouring into Pennsylvania. I'm sure that you can beat Sanders in Vermont and Dorgan in North Dakota too by opposing illegal immigration, since it's such a huge issue in those parts.

Roll Eyes
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 12:26:35 AM »

I don't think that Casey is a bumbling elitist, though he obviously does benefit from the family name.

In any event, it doesn't really make sense to hold anything against Casey today based on his father's campaign 20 years ago.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 08:23:23 AM »

I don't think that Casey is a bumbling elitist, though he obviously does benefit from the family name.

In any event, it doesn't really make sense to hold anything against Casey today based on his father's campaign 20 years ago.

why not?

it is the same situation.

c'mon nym.  we all know little casey isnt the brightest bulb.  he is doing the same thing scranton did.  there is nothing wrong with that, of course.  if i had a famous name, id do the same thing.  but, since his father thought it was such a big deal in 86, why shouldnt it  be a big deal in 06?

that 86 campaign made a huge thing of who scranton's father was, and made clear big casey came from a humble background.

as for scranton's past drug use.  it was a non-issue, but big casey, being the moralizer that he was, chose to use that in the campaign.  let's troll through little casey's background.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 08:30:07 AM »

I don't like nepotism at all, and if a viable Dem (especially one pro-choice)were running against Casey, I'd likely support him or her for the reasons you give. However, against Santorum in the general, I'm already over it.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 09:55:17 AM »

why not?

it is the same situation.

c'mon nym.  we all know little casey isnt the brightest bulb.  he is doing the same thing scranton did.  there is nothing wrong with that, of course.  if i had a famous name, id do the same thing.  but, since his father thought it was such a big deal in 86, why shouldnt it  be a big deal in 06?

that 86 campaign made a huge thing of who scranton's father was, and made clear big casey came from a humble background.

as for scranton's past drug use.  it was a non-issue, but big casey, being the moralizer that he was, chose to use that in the campaign.  let's troll through little casey's background.

Because Casey and his dad are two different people? It doesn't make sense to hold his father's actions against the son, unless there is some evidence that Casey Jr. supported this at the time.

Santorum is certainly free to try to make an issue out of Casey's lineage, and to raise this perceived inconsistency in the campaign. I doubt it would get any traction, but it's definitely something he can bring up if he thinks it's important.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 12:13:49 PM »

Carville and Begala would NEVER work for Santorum.  They're probably just as hell-bent on kicking him out as any other Democrat.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 08:16:35 PM »

Carville and Begala would NEVER work for Santorum.  They're probably just as hell-bent on kicking him out as any other Democrat.

Main Entry: fa·ce·tious
Function: adjective
Pronunciation: f&-'se-sh&s
Etymology: Middle French facetieux, from facetie jest, from Latin facetia
1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : WAGGISH <just being facetious>
2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious <a facetious remark>
synonym see WITTY
- fa·ce·tious·ly adverb
- fa·ce·tious·ness noun

Pronunciation Key

More Information:  Audio
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 09:09:13 PM »

I don't like nepotism at all, and if a viable Dem (especially one pro-choice)were running against Casey, I'd likely support him or her for the reasons you give. However, against Santorum in the general, I'm already over it.

Joe Hoeffel.. anyone??? anyone?? Oh crap, he sold out too.  And I was about to write him in, but I figured I'd vote for someone that had the balls.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 11:32:46 PM »

If Santorum wants to win this, it is going to have to get messy.  Casey would use anything he had, or could make up against Santorum, Rick should think about that when crafting strategy.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 09:24:20 AM »

If Santorum wants to win this, it is going to have to get messy.  Casey would use anything he had, or could make up against Santorum, Rick should think about that when crafting strategy.

casey is a lightweight.

santorum should be more aggressive.  little casey will melt.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies