Casey operative admitted to trespassing at the Santorums' home
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Casey operative admitted to trespassing at the Santorums' home
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Casey operative admitted to trespassing at the Santorums' home  (Read 2084 times)
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:50:33 PM »

Best link I could find...  I saw this as a newsflash on C-Span this morning.

Announcer: Primary election night, in front of cheering supporters in Pittsburgh, Rick Santorum challenged Bobby Casey to ten debates, and Casey responded with a loud, "No," saying voters didn't care about issues and that campaigns are a contact sport. Now we know what Casey meant. According to a KDKA investigative report, a Casey operative admitted to trespassing at the Santorums' home in Penn Hills, peering into the windows, looking for campaign dirt. But we shouldn't be surprised. Casey has a long history of slinging mud. The Philadelphia Daily News has called Casey's tactics "slash and trash and little else." The chairman of the Democratic Party said Casey took negative campaigning to a new height. And one Philadelphia paper called Casey's campaign "dishonest and nasty." Apparently, that's what we can expect from Bobby Casey again. Santorum: I'm Rick Santorum, candidate for the U.S. Senate, and I approve this message. Announcer: Paid for and authorized by Santorum 2006.

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2006/05/santorums_first.html
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:58:50 PM »

As I have said over and over again, the libdems will do ANYTHING to win.  The GOP ought to get ready for political warfare if they wish to stop the libdem horde.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:23:02 PM »

Er, I'm glad we can get such an unbiased source as Rick Santorum's campaign.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 05:29:26 PM »

Santorum doesn't live there, he lives in Leesburg, VA, about 35 miles from where he was born, Winchester, VA. Virginian's 3rd Senator shouldn't worry about what happens in PA.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 06:04:20 PM »

As I have said over and over again, the libdems will do ANYTHING to win.  The GOP ought to get ready for political warfare if they wish to stop the libdem horde.

the libdems? So Caseys a libdem now? Trust me, as a person who was once as libdem as they come, most libdems that back Casey do cause they have to, and I doubt most will be out and campaigning for Casey, so I doubt even more they had anything to do with this.

But I do want to say that Im not surprised and expected Casey to do this kinda crap. reat start Casey, you demented child. Smiley
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:14:46 PM »

Santorum doesn't live there, he lives in Leesburg, VA, about 35 miles from where he was born, Winchester, VA. Virginian's 3rd Senator shouldn't worry about what happens in PA.

Does he own the property? That's all that matters.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 06:36:18 PM »

And I suppose calling a leg-less, one-armed Vietnam war veteran a traitor is moral?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »

Only in the case of Cleland, in which case it is true.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 08:34:27 PM »

little casey is a joke.

ron klink with a famous last name.
DarthKosh

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 10:04:14 PM »

And Santorum is nothing more then a sexist carpetbagger.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »

And I suppose calling a leg-less, one-armed Vietnam war veteran a traitor is moral?

Source?  Quote?  Match.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 10:09:02 PM »

Source?  Quote?  Match.
Just ask Max Cleland.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 10:23:10 PM »

Source?  Quote?  Match.
Just ask Max Cleland.

Onward to the MAX CLELAND PHONE.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

Source?  Quote?  Match.
Just ask Max Cleland.

Why should we.  You made the claim?
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 02:48:54 PM »

Source?  Quote?  Match.

What that means is you tarnish your opponent and destroy his/her reputation by association. The strategy of the Saxby Chambliss is based, of course, on the infamous campaign where, in Georgia, Republican Saxby Chambliss was running against Democrat Max Cleland for the Senate in 2002. Cleland, a definite moderate, had lost three limbs in Vietnam, and Cleland, like many Democrats, voted against the creation of the Department of Homeland Security because the Department would deny the workers in the new enormous bureaucracy the union protections they had in other areas of the government. (And, remember, that the President threatened to veto the bill if it passed including the protections.) Chambliss, in a tight race with Cleland, ran an ad that showed Bin Laden and Saddam and said that Cleland did not support the war on terror because, in essence, he did not walk in lock-step with the President. The ad, by the way, only shows Cleland's face because, you know, everyone would have gotten way too queasy at the idea of calling the crippled vet a traitor. (In a shockingly obvious roadmap of strategies to come, the ad said that Cleland voted against the "war on terror" "11 times" and also some right wing lunatics suggested that Cleland's wounds were not heroically gotten.) It was one of the more odious political ads in the pile of sh**t that is post-Atwater politics.

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2004/09/advice-to-democrats-time-to-go-saxby.html
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 03:21:23 PM »

Source?  Quote?  Match.
Just ask Max Cleland.

Why should we.  You made the claim?
He's the one that wants to know.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »

on the infamous campaign where, in Georgia,

Infamous among Midwestern 'bloggers but not Georgians.  I am aware Chambliss would lose if he had to run in Ann Arbor or Madison.

Anyway, he was right.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies