Candidate Declaration Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:48:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Candidate Declaration Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 146
Author Topic: Candidate Declaration Thread  (Read 470233 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2006, 11:37:08 PM »

I, TexasGurl, am declaring my intent to run for the office of:

[  ] Senator for __________.
[ X ] Vice President on a ticket with Everett.
[  ] President on a ticket with _________.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2006, 11:00:10 AM »

WTF-I'm officially dizzy.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2006, 12:08:42 PM »

The following constitutes the formal opinion of the Department of Forum Affairs.

The withdrawls of the Andrew Berger and King were after the declaration deadline.  As such, the Andrew Berger / King ticket will remain on the ballot, altho they are of course free after the election has concluded to concede the victory under Section 13 of the Electoral System Reform Act.  Because of King's declaration, Andrew Berger has until 8pm EDT Monday to acquire a replacement who accepts the position.

The declarations of the Everett/TexasGurl and NixonNow/Mike Naso tickets were after the declaration deadline, so they shall not appear on the ballot, but write-in votes for either ticket shall count.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2006, 01:42:15 PM »

The following constitutes the formal opinion of the Department of Forum Affairs.

The withdrawls of the Andrew Berger and King were after the declaration deadline.  As such, the Andrew Berger / King ticket will remain on the ballot, altho they are of course free after the election has concluded to concede the victory under Section 13 of the Electoral System Reform Act.  Because of King's declaration, Andrew Berger has until 8pm EDT Monday to acquire a replacement who accepts the position.

The declarations of the Everett/TexasGurl and NixonNow/Mike Naso tickets were after the declaration deadline, so they shall not appear on the ballot, but write-in votes for either ticket shall count.

But if Andrew doesn't get a running mate, then he won't appear on the ballot I assume.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2006, 06:07:03 PM »

Actually, he will.  I don't see where I have authority to remove the ticket once the declaration deadline has passed, only to replace the VP candidate as provided by law during the first 96 hours after it.  Granted this is about as pointless as the runoff that will happen in the SC GOP race for Treasurer, but it's how I see the law.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2006, 11:01:59 PM »

Ernest, do you work for MapQuest? Your directions make as much sense.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2006, 08:18:54 AM »

Actually, he will.  I don't see where I have authority to remove the ticket once the declaration deadline has passed, only to replace the VP candidate as provided by law during the first 96 hours after it.  Granted this is about as pointless as the runoff that will happen in the SC GOP race for Treasurer, but it's how I see the law.

So Andrew will appear on the ballot without a running mate?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2006, 07:01:29 PM »

No, he'll appear with King if a replacement is not procured.  Prior to the change in the law to allow for a late VP substition, that is what would have happened, and so in the absence of legislation specifying what should happen if a VP drops out and no replacement is named, I will be applying the prior rule.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »

This is crazy. I didn't ask for people to vote for me; I'm not about to start campaigning; nor am I promising that I won't invoke Section 13 of the Electoral System Reform Act and concede the victory should I win, but I will accept write-in votes in the Northeast Senate Race.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2006, 09:52:17 PM »

With both EarlAW and Speed of Sound casting a preference for the EarlAW / Speed of Sound ticket, that ticket is offically recognized as a write-in ticket and it's votes will be counted.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »

Looks like Gabu is expelled. Which means there will be a special election soon.  In that case, I declare my candidacy for the District 5 Senate seat.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2006, 10:27:50 PM »

Looks like Gabu is expelled. Which means there will be a special election soon.  In that case, I declare my candidacy for the District 5 Senate seat.

Uh Oh. 
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2006, 11:11:54 AM »

Notice of Special Election

At 10:39 am (EDT) today (Sunday 16 July), the Senate expelled Senator Gabu. Gabu had represented District Five in the Senate, and thus a special election is necessary to fill the seat.

Timings
By Law, I am required to begin the special election within 10 days and it must start during a Thursday (on EST times). This restrictions mean it will begin during this Thursday (20 July).

The time at which the election starts is of my choosing, but I must give advance notice of at least three days of this time.

I am formally giving notice now that the election shall begin at 10 a.m. EDT (9 a.m EST, 7 a.m. PDT, 2 p.m. GMT/UTC, 3 p.m. BST). This notice will be reproduced in the Voting Booth (by 10 a.m. tomorrow) as required by Law, and will be reproduced on the ballot paper.

I am slightly concerned that previous regulations promulgated by the DoFA do not accomodate this starting time; For the purposes of this election, those regulations are repealed to the extent necessary to allow my starting time.

Candidacy Declarations
Candidacy declarations will be accepted up to two days in advance of the beginning of the election (at which point absentee voting will open). Whilst Jesus' declaration does not technically conform to regulations laid down by my predecessor, I have decided to ignore the regulations for this instance, and will remove the technicality when I review the regulations. Anybody annoyed at me can sue me.

The last possible time to declare candidacy shall be 10 a.m. EDT on Tuesday. Any candidacy declarations after this point will be treated as laid down in regulations.

Eligibility to be a candidate/voter

Anybody resident in District Five (as portrayed above) last Monday and with at least 100 posts shall be eligible for candidacy in this election.

Anybody resident in District Five last Monday and with at least 25 posts between 10 a.m. EDT 25 May and 10 a.m. EDT 20 July shall be eligible to vote in this election.

Questions
If you have any questions about this notice, or indeed any other forum affairs matter, please feel free to PM me or post questions at the Jim Fritz Forum Affairs Building.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2006, 05:38:43 PM »

I hereby declare my intent to seek the office of District 1 (or whatever district PA is in) Senator.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2006, 02:17:37 PM »

I will be running for Southeast Lt. Governor this weekend
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2006, 09:49:16 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2006, 08:53:50 PM by DanielX »

I plan to run for re-election in August. 

Make that no.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2006, 10:11:50 PM »

I withdraw my candidacy.  Too involved with other stuff and school coming up.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »

I hereby announce my intention to run for the Senate this August, in what I am assuming will be District 2 (the district that includes Delaware).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »

I hereby announce my intention to run for the Senate this August, in what I am assuming will be District 2 (the district that includes Delaware).

I'll urge you to wait until October and knock of Jcar instead of trying to do it to a great Senator. Smiley
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2006, 02:42:26 PM »
« Edited: July 29, 2006, 02:49:33 PM by Ernest »

I'll urge you to wait until October and knock of Jcar instead of trying to do it to a great Senator. Smiley

I'm not willing to be that patient unless the voters tell me I must, especially since we desperately need something besides bilateral free trade bills for the Senate to debate.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2006, 05:56:39 PM »

I'm not willing to be that patient unless the voters tell me I must, especially since we desperately need something besides bilateral free trade bills for the Senate to debate.

Actually they are techincally unilateral, since it is only one country abolishing tariffs.

Also, I support your candidacy, good luck. Smiley
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2006, 07:13:40 PM »

I hereby announce my candidacy for re-election to the Atlasian Senate representing District II.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2006, 09:12:07 PM »

I, hereby, announce my candidacy for re-election to the Atlasian Senate representing District 3

Dave 'Hawk'
Bdub
Brandon W
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2006, 12:51:05 PM »

I hereby announce my candidacy for election to the Atlasia Senate Representing District 5.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2006, 04:39:13 PM »

I hereby announce my candidacy for Senate for District One. (I think that's what district PA is in).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 146  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies